Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62192 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I imagine there will be more stories like this

Mom of Texas school massacre victim is told her daughter could have lived after being shot through the back but she bled out in the 40 minutes it took for cops to storm classroom - as DOJ launches probe into police response

A Texas mom was told her daughter, who bled out, may have survived the school shooting if police had responded quicker
    Officers took over an hour to breach Robb Elementary School after gunman Salvador Ramos, 18, opened fire, killing 21
    It only takes five minutes for a human being to bleed to death
    During an interview Sunday, Texas Sen. Ronald Gutierrez claimed the little girl who bled out 'might have lived' if her wounds were treated earlier
    His claim was echoed by doctors who also said gunshot victims cannot wait
    The Justice Department announced Sunday it will conduct a Critical Incident Review of the law enforcement response to the school shooting

By Natasha Anderson and Jennifer Smith, Chief Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 13:15 EDT, 29 May 2022 | Updated: 14:19 EDT, 29 May 2022

The mother of a Texas school shooting victim was told by first responders that her daughter may have survived the massacre if authorities had acted quicker.

The fourth-grader, who was among the 19 students killed at Robb Elementary in Uvalde on Tuesday, bled to death after being shot in her kidney.

'Her child had been shot by one bullet through the back through the kidney area,' State Sen. Ronald Gutierrez told CNN Sunday morning. 'The first responder that they eventually talked to said that their child likely bled out. In that span of 30 or 40 minutes extra, that little girl might have lived.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10865753/Mom-Texas-shooting-victim-bled-learns-daughter-lived-police-acted-quicker.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DB

@mystery-ak

There is a term that perfectly describes someone totally out of touch with reality that applies here,but I just can't bring it to mind.

Gosh, they wouldn't have sustained any injuries at all if they'd just stayed in the police station... And in fact more children probably would have lived because others that were on site could have gone in like they wanted to instead of being held back by these fine safety first police officers.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 03:04:42 am by DB »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Gosh, they wouldn't have sustained any injuries at all if they'd just stayed in the police station... And if fact more children probably would have lived because others that were on site could have gone in like they wanted to instead of being held back by these fine safety first police officers.

@DB

Good points.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Gov. Greg Abbott heckled at memorial for victims of Texas school shooting
By Jack Morphet   
May 29, 2022 4:51pm

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott was heckled by mourners Sunday during a visit to the Texas school where 19 children and two teachers were killed.

“Abbott is a son of a b—h,” said Aracely Villalpando​, 59, of Fort Worth​.

“It’s awful — he’s not doing anything about gun laws and wants everyone to own a gun​,” she said. “A lot of people like guns, and that’s OK, but how can you sell a military rifle to the public?​”​​

Salvador Ramos, 18, entered Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday carrying an AR-15-style assault rifle and killed 19 fourth-graders and two teachers.

Villalpando said US ​gun laws must be changed now — and that politicians cannot “play around for months and years.”

Abbott, a Republican, visited the school’s makeshift memorial outside as President Biden and first lady Jill Biden also paid their respects there.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/05/29/gov-abbott-heckled-at-memorial-for-victims-of-texas-school-shooting/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What would be a typical  load a barber would use?
Most likely 2 3/4" shell, 00 buck in a 12 gauge.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Photos of off-duty Border agent who killed Salvador Ramos…

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/photos-of-off-duty-border-agent-who-killed-salvador-ramos/

Graze wound to the head

The Border Patrol tactical agent who took down the Uvalde shooter sustained a wound
to the head after being brazed by a bullet. He was shot in the leg, but has been
discharged from the hospital, per CBP sources. @dcexaminer

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas lawmaker says he spoke to Biden about tearing down Uvalde shooting site
by Emily Jacobs, Weekend News Editor
 | May 30, 2022 12:28 AM

A Texas state senator says he discussed tearing down the elementary school where 19 children and two teachers were murdered last week with President Joe Biden on his Sunday visit to Uvalde.

State Sen. Roland Gutierrez, a Democrat whose district includes Uvalde, revealed details of his conversation with Biden in an interview with local station KSAT 12. The commander in chief, who visited Uvalde with first lady Jill Biden on Sunday, met with survivors, victims' families, first responders, and other local officials at a church service after visiting Robb Elementary School, where 18-year-old Salvador Ramos slaughtered a class of fourth graders.

Gutierrez said Biden told him that he would instruct the federal government to assist with the demolition of the campus and the building of a new facility.

"We're going to look to raze that school, build a new one," Gutierrez told the network, quoting Biden. He also quoted the president as saying, "I'm not going away," and, "I'm going to bring you resources."

The Texas Democrat noted how young students from Robb Elementary had expressed deep concern about returning to the site of the sickening massacre, saying, "I can't tell you how many little children that I've talked to that don't want to go into that building. They're just traumatized. They're just destroyed."

Gutierrez added that Biden also committed to providing mental health resources to the community in the wake of the tragic shooting, noting how "this is a community that is going to need therapy. There is one psychiatrist in Uvalde, very few mental health therapists. We're going to change that. It is a must."

If knocked down, Robb Elementary would follow in the footsteps of Sandy Hook Elementary School, where 20-year-old Adam Lanza shot and killed 20 children and six faculty members in 2012. The school, based in Newtown, Connecticut, was torn down and replaced with a new building on the same property. Building a new facility cost about $50 million.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/texas-lawmaker-says-he-spoke-to-biden-about-tearing-down-uvalde-school-shooting-site
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

Texas lawmaker says he spoke to Biden about tearing down Uvalde shooting site

Democrat lawmaker exploits the murder of two teachers and 19 children to get US taxpayers to fund construction of a new school in his district.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 30, 2022 1:13am EDT
Texas school shooting: Casket maker met with victims' families to make personalized caskets
A man has offered to make personalized caskets free of charge for the 19 children who were killed when a gunman opened fire at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas
By Lawrence Richard | Fox News

A custom casket maker in Texas is helping the victims and their families in the aftermath of Tuesday’s mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.

Trey Ganem, 50, of SoulShine Industries in Edna, has reached out to and has personally met with many of the families of the deceased and has agreed to construct personalized caskets for them, Fox 26 of Houston reported.

During an interview, Ganem told Fox Houston’s Tiffany Justice that the caskets will be dedicated to each victim and will help their families remember the positives about their life.

"This casket is for an adult, for a very beautiful person, who tried to protect children," Ganem told the outlet, per the report. "I sat with the family. I was drawn to this casket, especially after hearing the stories."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school-shooting-personalized-caskets
Support the USO

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Uvalde, Texas shooting: Sen. Cornyn says blaming police for waiting is ‘distracting and unfair’

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) defended police officers and law enforcement agencies after it was revealed they waited over an hour outside Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas during Tuesday’s mass shooting.

Cornyn said blaming the first responders after the complex incident is "distracting and unfair."

"The second-guessing and finger-pointing among state and local law enforcement is destructive, distracting, and unfair," he said Saturday.

Officers are being criticized amid reports they waited outside the school for more than 70 minutes as suspected gunman Salvador Ramos continued his rampage, ultimately killing 19 students and two teachers.

Click here for more on the story: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/uvalde-texas-shooting-blaming-police-destructive-distracting-cornyn

Posted by Lawrence Richard
The Big Fat RINO Cornyn thinks we need more police like that I suppose.

Memo to Senator:  Kids were KILLED by the police action which deliberately permitted an armed, mentally ill person to remain in a room full of little kids for an hour.

Would you have permitted that if one of them was your own kid or grandkid?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

DOJ launches review of police response to Texas school shooting
by Olafimihan Oshin - 05/29/22 1:06 PM ET

The Department of Justice (DOJ)  on Sunday announced a review of the response by local and federal authorities to last week’s school shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

In a statement, DOJ spokesperson Anthony Coley said that Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin (R) had asked the department to conduct a Critical Incident Review.

Coley also said that the DOJ’s Office of Community Oriented Policing will handle the investigation.

more
https://thehill.com/news/3505442-doj-launches-review-of-police-response-to-texas-school-shooting/
What in the hell does the mayor of a small city go to the feds rather than to his own state's authorities?

I smell something very politically fishy here going on. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
There Have Been 13 Mass School Shootings Since 1966, Not 27 This Year

Reason by  Robby Soave 5/26/2022

Don't conflate mass shootings with school shootings.

For many people, the Uvalde, Texas, mass shooting—which claimed the lives of at least 19 children and two adults—seemed all the more horrible after they learned it was the 27th school shooting so far this year. That fact makes it harder to view Uvalde as any kind of isolated incident.

The problem here is that three very differently defined terms are being used somewhat incautiously and interchangeably: school shooting, mass shooting, and mass school shooting. Uvalde was a mass school shooting; the 26 previous tragedies at schools this year were not.

Uvalde is a mass school shooting. This is defined in different ways too: an incident in which at least four people (some counters make it three) are shot and/or killed. The Gun Violence Archive counts incidents in which at least four people were shot. Under this definition, many incidents of street crime and domestic violence count as mass shootings, even if no deaths result. A stricter tally of mass school shootings, conducted by criminologists for Scientific American, only includes incidents where the shootings resulted in at least four deaths. Using their criteria, the number of mass school shootings in the U.S. since the year 1966 is 13. These crimes claimed the lives of 146 people in total.

More: https://reason.com/2022/05/26/uvalde-texas-mass-shooting-statistics-gun-crimes-misleading/

Photos of off-duty Border agent who killed Salvador Ramos…

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/photos-of-off-duty-border-agent-who-killed-salvador-ramos/

Graze wound to the head

The Border Patrol tactical agent who took down the Uvalde shooter sustained a wound
to the head after being brazed by a bullet. He was shot in the leg, but has been
discharged from the hospital, per CBP sources. @dcexaminer
I suppose that haircut can wait for awhile

Offline mountaineer

Don't conflate mass shootings with school shootings.
Mass shootings occur just about every weekend in at least one major city. They generally involve the illicit drug trade, in one way or another.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Have we gotten any information about the teacher who propped the door open? I have seen and heard zero follow-up on that very important detail.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline mountaineer

Have we gotten any information about the teacher who propped the door open? I have seen and heard zero follow-up on that very important detail.
One of several unanswered questions. Don't hold your breath waiting for the answer.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Not identified as far as I have seen... :shrug:
Support the USO

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
One of several unanswered questions. Don't hold your breath waiting for the answer.

If it's reliable information that it was "a teacher", then I can understand why it's not public knowledge today.

Earlier reports state that this 'teacher' heard the truck crash and subsequent gunshots...so why leave a door propped open for a convenience to you?

Create air-flow into the hallways?  Sneak a toke?  Doesn't make sense.

At the very least he/she should be a "person of interest" right now.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
If it's reliable information that it was "a teacher", then I can understand why it's not public knowledge today.

Earlier reports state that this 'teacher' heard the truck crash and subsequent gunshots...so why leave a door propped open for a convenience to you?

Create air-flow into the hallways?  Sneak a toke?  Doesn't make sense.

At the very least he/she should be a "person of interest" right now.

Friday's timeline doesn't support that report.
- Teacher propped open door - 11:27
- Gunman car crashes, door still open - 11:28
- Teacher calls 911 - 11:30
- Gunman begins shooting - 11:31

I agree that the teacher should be looked at as a person of interest. Maybe it's because I've been involved with gardening and some other projects, but it seems to me that we're getting no news about that teacher/propped door. The silence is bothering me.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gonzales: Responders in Uvalde Weren’t all on Same Radio Channel, I Asked Biden for Money to Fix That on Sunday

Ian Hanchett 30 May 2022

During an interview with San Antonio’s CBS KENS 5 on Monday, Rep. Tony Gonzales (R-TX) said that during his conversation with President Joe Biden when Biden visited Texas on Sunday, he asked for an additional $23 million in funding on top of $2 million that has already been secured for a mental health hospital in the Uvalde area, thirteen-and-a-half million dollars in funding “for a radio system where all responders can talk to one another.” Which he said is crucial, because, during the school shooting in Uvalde, responders were not all on the same communications channel. And an improved emergency response center in the area.

Gonzales stated, “[W]hat I asked for, I asked for three things in particular for my community: I asked for a mental health hospital, that’s 25 million dollars. I was able to secure two million dollars last year. I need 23 million. I asked for thirteen-and-a-half million for a radio system where all responders can talk to one another. This is important. There’s so much misinformation going on. Because not all the responders were on the same channel, you had firefighters, you had all these other areas. The other thing I asked for was another emergency center.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/30/gonzales-responders-in-uvalde-werent-all-on-same-radio-channel-i-asked-biden-for-money-to-fix-that/
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Gonzales: Responders in Uvalde Weren’t all on Same Radio Channel, I Asked Biden for Money to Fix That on Sunday

@mystery-ak

Cool! I am sure that money will bring all those dead kids back to life,and even convince the cowardly cops to pretend to care.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

thirteen-and-a-half million dollars in funding “for a radio system where all responders can talk to one another.”
It wouldn't have cost a fraction of that.

Offline Hoodat

During an interview with San Antonio’s CBS KENS 5 on Monday, Rep. Tony Gonzales (R-TX) said that during his conversation with President Joe Biden when Biden visited Texas on Sunday, he asked for an additional $23 million in funding on top of $2 million that has already been secured

&#%@! WHORE

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Gonzales: Responders in Uvalde Weren’t all on Same Radio Channel, ...

So?  What in the hell does that have to do with anything?  IIRC it was VERY hard for the Army to talk to the Navy in Vietnam but the war was still prosecuted!   We are talking about ONE bad guy here! Smoke and mirrors being deployed by Mr. Gonzales IMHO.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 12:25:17 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien