Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62232 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
‘We Felt Like Cowards’: Police Officer Reflects On The Delayed Officer Response At Uvalde School Shooting

Leena Nasir
Entertainment Reporter
May 28, 2022 6:21 PM ET
Font Size:

A police officer on the scene of the school shooting in Texas came forward to reveal his frustration about being told to stand down on May 24 as children were being massacred inside Robb Elementary School.

The unnamed officer, who has served for a decade, described what he and his fellow officers felt when they were given orders to wait outside of the school rather than storm in to take down the gunman, People reported. “There was almost a mutiny,” the officer said. “We were like, ‘There’s a f*cking gunman in the school, we hear gunshots, and we’re just going to stand here with our thumbs up our asses?’ We wanted to go in and save lives. It was the most frustrating situation of my entire career,” the officer said, according to People. “We felt like cowards.”

https://twitter.com/JuliaEAinsley/status/1530319554093645828

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1529914204215463941

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/28/cowards-police-officer-reflects-delayed-officer-response-texas-uvalde-school-shooting/

@mystery-ak

It's called "Do your bleeping duty,REGARDLESS of the consequences. People in the military are expected to do this every day of their freaking lives,and most of them don't even get paid as much as cops.

I have ZERO respect for these cowards in badges. "I wuz jist following orders!" is an excuse that became unacceptable in 1945. Suck it up and DO YOUR FREAKING DUTY!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

NBC News: Salvador Ramos the shooter in Uvalde, TX was found with 15 bullet holes in him after being shot by CBP BORTAC agents and local law enforcement, multiple senior U.S. law enforcement officials tell
[/b]

Sure. EVERYBODY is eager to shoot him once he is already dead and can't shoot back. Then they can make the claim "I am one of the officers who shot him" and bathe in that "glory" for the rest of their lives.

Hell,it almost guarantees they will get promoted.

A shot gun blast will do that

@IsailedawayfromFR

Yeah,but the report was bullets,not shot or slugs.

Offline Hoodat

He learned that the locked steel door only opened outward, "not inward," making it more difficult to break down.

Which, makes perfect sense if your goal is to protect staff and students.   :shrug:

The only door throughout the entire school in which police did not have access to both sides was the classroom door where the shooter was.  And that door opened inward.  So the outward steel door excuse above is a non-starter.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Was this guy paid to look the other way? Anyone with any testosterone at all would have heard those 911 calls from those kids and jumped into action.

The 911 calls would have come into the Uvalde PD, not the School PD.  Not that this is a valid excuse, but it is certainly one the School PD will defend themselves with.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Which, makes perfect sense if your goal is to protect staff and students.   :shrug:

The only door throughout the entire school in which police did not have access to both sides was the classroom door where the shooter was.  And that door opened inward.  So the outward steel door excuse above is a non-starter.

I'm not so sure about whether the door was an inny or an outty, but ever since a theater fire killed a crapton of people who could not escape the blaze, the rule for doors in public buildings is to always open in the direction of egress to prevent them from being jammed shut by a crush of panicked people trying to flee.

But I freely admit I could easily be wrong about this.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 03:23:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

SWAT happened? Did Uvalde tactical unit respond to Texas school shooting?
By Eileen AJ Connelly   
May 28, 2022 5:58pm

Hopefully, someone is combing through all the on-scene videos taken (Jan 6 style) to identify whether any of the people pictured in the photo above were on the scene.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/uvalde-school-police-chief-pete-arredondo-is-a-coward-neighbor/

Neighbor blasts Uvalde School Police Chief Pete Arredondo as ‘a coward’ in wake of massacre
By Jack Morphet
May 28, 2022

The Texas cop under scrutiny for how he handled the response to the Uvalde school massacre stayed out of sight under police protection Saturday — while an angry neighbor slammed him as a “coward.”

Uvalde School District Police Chief Pete Arredondo made the call that the carnage at Robb Elementary School on Tuesday had gone from an “active shooter” situation to a “barricaded suspect” standoff, which a top state cop admitted was “the wrong decision.”

State investigators are probing whether Arredondo even had a police radio on him when he made the decision, a law enforcement source told The Post.

Police waited more than a half-hour to breach the door to two classrooms connected by a bathroom where 18-year-old gunman Salvador Ramos was locked in with children, some of who were alive and made numerous calls to 911.

“Pete Arredondo is a coward. He didn’t do his job. He failed the children,” said neighbor Lydia Torres, 56.

Torres spoke as local police spent the day guarding Arredondo’s home. The embattled chief repeatedly declined to comment Saturday.
Local cops have kept guard outside Arredondo’s house around the clock.

More at URL above...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hopefully, someone is combing through all the on-scene videos taken (Jan 6 style) to identify whether any of the people pictured in the photo above were on the scene.

I would not be surprised if many of them quit the force because of the nationwide "Awokening" after George Floyd.  Being a tactical squad, they were likely laid off during the defunding craze in favor of keeping more beat officers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/uvalde-school-police-chief-pete-arredondo-is-a-coward-neighbor/

Neighbor blasts Uvalde School Police Chief Pete Arredondo as ‘a coward’ in wake of massacre

Wouldn't it be ironic if the cops assigned to the detail were as complacent as he had ordered them to be during the actual mass murder?  They have to be pretty pissed at him now that they are all considered cowards.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Torres spoke as local police spent the day guarding Arredondo’s home. . .
. . .

If only we had cops guarding our schools.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Fishrrman

Which means they will all go on coffee break if someone shows up and starts shooting.

It's all about "Officer Safety",don'tchaknow?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Uvalde, Texas shooting: Sen. Cornyn says blaming police for waiting is ‘distracting and unfair’

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) defended police officers and law enforcement agencies after it was revealed they waited over an hour outside Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas during Tuesday’s mass shooting.

Cornyn said blaming the first responders after the complex incident is "distracting and unfair."

"The second-guessing and finger-pointing among state and local law enforcement is destructive, distracting, and unfair," he said Saturday.

Officers are being criticized amid reports they waited outside the school for more than 70 minutes as suspected gunman Salvador Ramos continued his rampage, ultimately killing 19 students and two teachers.

Click here for more on the story: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/uvalde-texas-shooting-blaming-police-destructive-distracting-cornyn

Posted by Lawrence Richard
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) defended police officers and law enforcement agencies after it was revealed they waited over an hour outside Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas during Tuesday’s mass shooting.

Yeah. That figures!

There is NO excuse for any MAN, much less a cop, standing around for even one minute doing nothing in a situation like this orders or no orders!  John Cornyn is a F'n idiot!

« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 05:09:39 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

The Biden's will have to add a day to their usual Delaware weekend to make up for this day trip photo-op.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 DOJ launches review of police response to Texas school shooting
by Olafimihan Oshin - 05/29/22 1:06 PM ET

The Department of Justice (DOJ)  on Sunday announced a review of the response by local and federal authorities to last week’s school shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

In a statement, DOJ spokesperson Anthony Coley said that Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin (R) had asked the department to conduct a Critical Incident Review.

Coley also said that the DOJ’s Office of Community Oriented Policing will handle the investigation.

more
https://thehill.com/news/3505442-doj-launches-review-of-police-response-to-texas-school-shooting/
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

The Department of Justice (DOJ)  on Sunday announced a review of the response by local and federal authorities to last week’s school shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

In a statement, DOJ spokesperson Anthony Coley said that Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin (R) had asked the department to conduct a Critical Incident Review.

Coley also said that the DOJ’s Office of Community Oriented Policing will handle the investigation.

more
https://thehill.com/news/3505442-doj-launches-review-of-police-response-to-texas-school-shooting/

Sure! That'll fix it! /s
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

NBC News: Salvador Ramos the shooter in Uvalde, TX was found with 15 bullet holes in him after being shot by CBP BORTAC agents and local law enforcement, multiple senior U.S. law enforcement officials tell

A shot gun blast will do that
"He was only killed because he was a POC! If he were white, he'd still be in custody!"

The left, if they weren't busy blaming the NRA.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mystery-ak

As much as I want to see those bozos fired,stripped of their rights to carry weapons,and barred forever from becoming police officers again in the state of Texas,I honestly can't understand how this is the business of the feral goobermint.

There are REAL things those SOB's are supposed to be doing to return America to "The Land of the Free",and they ain't doing it.

This is nothing LESS than giving feral support for new gun control laws.

Offline berdie

FWIW, I don't disagree with Cornyn on this. Why not let people bury their dead before starting the finger pointing and blame? I can see how it would inflame passions even higher than they are. The media, in their typical rush to "be the first" to report has possibly done some inaccurate reporting.

I understand Abbott and McCaul's anger if they were given faulty information. Who gave it to them?

Before I shout "hang 'em and hang 'em high" at the leos or the school teacher that left the door open or the campus cop that wasn't on campus I hope we get a more definitive picture of what transpired.

We might not.  There has to be a reason that the stand down order was issued. Maybe it wasn't cowardice but protocall. I don't believe that the police that were in the building were standing around jigling the change in their pockets or drawing straws and  arguing who would lead the charge.

Were the class rooms not locked down after it was established there was a shooter in the building? I can't believe they weren't. So how the heck did a Mom and off-duty policeman march in and rescue their children?

I hate that the Feds are involved...but since the Border Patrol was, I guess that opened the door.

Soap box put up.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Uvalde Schools police chief donated to Beto campaign…

Posted by Kane on May 29, 2022 1:05 pm

Uvalde Schools Police Chief Peter Arredondo donated a total of $17 to Act Blue and $5 of it was “earmarked for Beto.” The $10 donation was earmarked “Need to Impeach.”

He didn’t give much, but it shows his political motivation.

more
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/uvalde-schools-police-chief-donated-to-beto-campaign/
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uvalde Schools police chief donated to Beto campaign…

Posted by Kane on May 29, 2022 1:05 pm

Uvalde Schools Police Chief Peter Arredondo donated a total of $17 to Act Blue and $5 of it was “earmarked for Beto.” The $10 donation was earmarked “Need to Impeach.”

He didn’t give much, but it shows his political motivation.

more
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/uvalde-schools-police-chief-donated-to-beto-campaign/

@mystery-ak

Impeach who?

Biden is the only one I can think of,and that doesn't make any sense since he is a Dim.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Uvalde Police Department Releases Statement: Thankful “Officers Did Not Sustain Any Life Threatening Injuries” After 19 Children And Two Teachers Are Dead
By Michael Robison
Published May 29, 2022 at 11:39am

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1530609409541423106

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/uvalde-police-department-releases-statement-thankful-officers-not-sustain-life-threatening-injuries-19-children-two-teachers-dead/
Support the USO

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
2018 was when Beto was running against Cruz.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uvalde Police Department Releases Statement: Thankful “Officers Did Not Sustain Any Life Threatening Injuries” After 19 Children And Two Teachers Are Dead
By Michael Robison
Published May 29, 2022 at 11:39am

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1530609409541423106

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/uvalde-police-department-releases-statement-thankful-officers-not-sustain-life-threatening-injuries-19-children-two-teachers-dead/

@mystery-ak

There is a term that perfectly describes someone totally out of touch with reality that applies here,but I just can't bring it to mind.