Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62263 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Uvalde police chief who delayed officer response will join City Council
By Nika Shakhnazarova   
May 28, 2022 12:43pm

The school district police chief who held officers back during Tuesday’s chilling massacre is set to join the Uvalde City Council, according to reports.

Officer Pete Arredondo’s bungled orders resulted in the slowed response of at least 19 cops at Robb Elementary School, where a gunman opened fire and killed 19 students and two teachers, according to NBC News.

Arredondo was elected to the Uvalde City Council in the municipal election on May 7 after tallying up nearly 70 percent of the vote, Uvalde Leader-News reports.

At a news conference on Friday, Col. Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, implied Arredondo’s orders caused the police force’s slow response to the mass shooting.

Arredondo, is the Chief of Police for the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District and oversees eight schools, was not at the news conference.

McCraw, who did not name Arredondo, said the police chief mistakenly believed it had become a barricade or hostage situation. The only evidence anything had changed was that the shooting had slowed.

“With the benefit of hindsight, where I’m sitting now, of course, it was not the right decision, it was the wrong decision, period,” McCraw said. “There was no excuse for that.”

more
https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/uvalde-police-chief-who-delayed-response-to-join-city-council/
so typical a move for misdirected people.  He gets promoted.

In this case, I willl take all bets who believe he will survive after a single meeting, if he makes it to that one at all.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Gonzales: Uvalde police response delayed by ‘scrambling’ to find tools to pry open steel door

Rep. Tony Gonzales, R-Texas, told "Fox News Live" Saturday that while on the ground in Uvalde, he spoke to a wounded officer who told him police response units were "scrambling" to find a tool to open the school door to get to the gunman on Tuesday.

He learned that the locked steel door only opened outward, "not inward," making it more difficult to break down.
Posted by Fox News
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Uvalde school district police chief completed active shooter training in December: report

Police responding to Tuesday's school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, waited before killing the assailant, believing he was barricaded in a classroom. (AP Graphic)

Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Chief of Police Pete Arredondo completed active shooter training in December 2021, state records obtained by NBC News show.

He also completed active shooting training in 2020, according to the outlet.

Arredondo, the commander on-scene at Robb Elementary on Tuesday, made a decision to transition law enforcement's response away from an active shooter situation and toward a barricaded subject incident, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw said Friday.

While officers initially responded to the shooting, "there was a barrage – hundreds of rounds were pumped" into classrooms for four minutes," McCraw said.

"Any firing afterwards was sporadic and it was at the door," he continued. “So the belief is that there may not be anybody living anymore and that the subject is now trying to keep law enforcement at bay or enticing them to come in and suicide [by cop]."

Fox News' Greg Norman contributed to this report.
Posted by Audrey Conklin
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Rep. Gonzales: Uvalde police response delayed by ‘scrambling’ to find tools to pry open steel door

Rep. Tony Gonzales, R-Texas, told "Fox News Live" Saturday that while on the ground in Uvalde, he spoke to a wounded officer who told him police response units were "scrambling" to find a tool to open the school door to get to the gunman on Tuesday.

He learned that the locked steel door only opened outward, "not inward," making it more difficult to break down.
Posted by Fox News

Which, makes perfect sense if your goal is to protect staff and students.   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The more that comes out, the more this thing stinks, and this isn't the first time we've seen this.
You are absolutely right @Free Vulcan Something nefarious is going on here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Was this guy paid to look the other way? Anyone with any testosterone at all would have heard those 911 calls from those kids and jumped into action.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Posted by Fox News
Get the fire department and either use the Jaws or a saw and cut it open. It should be on the truck, and would not take long to get there. If the door opens outward, the hinges should be on the outside.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rebewranger

@ Free Vulcan & Pete S

He's not the problem.  I'm sure Trump will somehow shoulder the blame. :pondering:

Offline mountaineer

He's not the problem.  I'm sure Trump will somehow shoulder the blame. :pondering:
The Dems will probably impeach Trump (again) over this.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Uvalde shooter’s sister in US Navy, ‘flatly refused’ brother’s request last year to buy him a gun
May 29, 2022 | Kevin Haggerty

The more that is learned about the 18-year-old suspect responsible for the massacre at a Texas elementary school, the more it appears the tragedy may have been wholly preventable as Salvador Ramos had made one request of his older sister serving in the U.S. Navy that she “flatly refused.”

Following the tragedy at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, TX where 19 children and two teachers were killed, in addition to positing measures that may be taken to stop another atrocity like this from happening again, many wondered if there were overlooked signs that the suspect’s violence was inevitable. Now, according to the Daily Mail, it is being reported he approached his older sister Marisabelle Ramos for an earlier attempt at purchasing a firearm.

Rolando Reyes, grandfather to the suspect, explained, “My granddaughter Marisabelle is in the Navy and currently stationed in San Diego, California.” The 21-year-old rushed home to be with her grandmother Celia who is currently in hospital having been shot in the face as the first victim of the horrible tragedy.

As part of their investigation, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steven McCraw explained that the suspect had continually discussed obtaining a firearm and shooting up a school and had even asked his sister to buy him one before he was old enough to do so himself. McCraw said “she flatly refused” when the request was made in September. The suspect purchased the firearms used in the massacre on his 18th birthday.

Salvador Ramos Sr., father of the suspect, stated of Marisabelle, “My daughter, I guess, changed her life, she went to the Navy. I wish my son would have gone and changed his life.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/05/29/uvalde-shooters-sister-in-us-navy-flatly-refused-brothers-request-last-year-to-buy-him-a-gun-1243798/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘We Felt Like Cowards’: Police Officer Reflects On The Delayed Officer Response At Uvalde School Shooting

Leena Nasir
Entertainment Reporter
May 28, 2022 6:21 PM ET
Font Size:

A police officer on the scene of the school shooting in Texas came forward to reveal his frustration about being told to stand down on May 24 as children were being massacred inside Robb Elementary School.

The unnamed officer, who has served for a decade, described what he and his fellow officers felt when they were given orders to wait outside of the school rather than storm in to take down the gunman, People reported. “There was almost a mutiny,” the officer said. “We were like, ‘There’s a f*cking gunman in the school, we hear gunshots, and we’re just going to stand here with our thumbs up our asses?’ We wanted to go in and save lives. It was the most frustrating situation of my entire career,” the officer said, according to People. “We felt like cowards.”

https://twitter.com/JuliaEAinsley/status/1530319554093645828

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1529914204215463941

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/28/cowards-police-officer-reflects-delayed-officer-response-texas-uvalde-school-shooting/
Support the USO

NBC News: Salvador Ramos the shooter in Uvalde, TX was found with 15 bullet holes in him after being shot by CBP BORTAC agents and local law enforcement, multiple senior U.S. law enforcement officials tell

A shot gun blast will do that
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 02:11:06 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

@ Free Vulcan & Pete S

Even if it is found he was here illegally?  We have yet to see his birth certificate, have we?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This sounds a lot like the comedy bit SNL did back when they were funny.  "Who killed Buckwheat."

Reporter:  How well did you know John David Stutts"

Gas Station Owner:  Oh, very well!  I knew him when he was a child and he used to play with my daughter in Kindergarten!  When he was 16 he came to work for me pumping gas.  He was the best employee I ever had!  He was prompt to the pumps when he heard the bell, and after washing the windshield and checking the oil, he always checked the air pressure in the tires!  And he was always dressed neatly in his uniform.

Reporter:  Do you think he killed Buckwheat?

Gas Station Owner:  Oh, yes!  It's all he ever talked about!  He'd say, "Boss, I'm working overtime and saving up my money so I can buy a bus ticket and a gun so I can shoot Buckwheat!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Sheriff Grady Judd addresses school safety following Texas shooting

WFLA News Channel 8

Sheriff Grady Judd addresses school safety following Texas shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icyxhZlbupA
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 02:29:13 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

NBC News: Salvador Ramos the shooter in Uvalde, TX was found with 15 bullet holes in him after being shot by CBP BORTAC agents and local law enforcement, multiple senior U.S. law enforcement officials tell

Reporter Asked, "why did you have to shoot him 15 times?
 CBP BORTAC  Spokes person, "It was all the bullets he had"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 SWAT happened? Did Uvalde tactical unit respond to Texas school shooting?
By Eileen AJ Connelly   
May 28, 2022 5:58pm

The Uvalde Police Department bragged online about having its own SWAT team two years before the shooting at Robb Elementary School. Facebook/Uvalde Police Department

Two years before the massacre at Robb Elementary School that left 19 fourth-graders and their two teachers dead, the Uvalde Police Department boasted online about having its own SWAT team.

The department posted a picture on Facebook of nine heavily armed officers with the caption “Meet Our SWAT Team.”

The unit was making visits throughout the community that day “to familiarize themselves with layouts of our local schools and businesses,” according to the February 2020 post.

But when terror came to the tiny Texas town, it’s not clear if tactical unit that seemingly trained for just such a moment turned out to respond, a law enforcement source said.

“There were so many officers, so many agencies involved,” the source said.

The state’s Department of Public Safety, which is probing the response to the shooting, is still trying to determine which agencies were on the scene and the role each played. In Texas, it’s not uncommon for multiple law enforcement officials from different agencies to respond to an incident together.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/unclear-if-uvalde-swat-team-responded-to-texas-school-shooting/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Texas probing whether Peter Arredondo had police radio during disastrous school shooting response
By Eileen AJ Connelly,
Jack Morphet and
Dana Kennedy   
May 28, 2022 4:09pm

Texas state investigators are probing whether Uvalde Schools Police Chief Peter Arredondo even had a police radio on him when he made the disastrous decision to have officers stand back — instead of confronting shooter Salvador Ramos, who killed 19 kids, a law enforcement source told The Post.

The lack of a police radio may explain why Arredondo decided to hold officers back as multiple students called 911 from inside the school begging for help, investigators with the state’s Department of Public Safety believe.

“That’s going to be key,” the source said, “If those 911 calls were being communicated to the officers or the incident commander.”

Ramos crashed a pickup truck into a ditch outside Robb Elementary Tuesday, who quickly started shooting, and climbed a fence before gaining entry through a door left propped open, officials have said.

Cops entered the school about two minutes after the gunman, who barricaded himself in a classroom, where all 21 victims were slain. But officials have said Arrendondo ordered officers to hold off entering the classroom, despite pleas from parents outside that someone try to save the children.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/peter-arredondo-questioned-if-he-had-police-radio-during-school-shooting/
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

A shot gun blast will do that
Depends entirely on the size of the shot. 00 buck comes eight to the 2 3/4 shell, (would take two rounds, close, well centered), and 12 to the 3" shell (still would take two rounds, well centered on the suspect)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Depends entirely on the size of the shot. 00 buck comes eight to the 2 3/4 shell, (would take two rounds, close, well centered), and 12 to the 3" shell (still would take two rounds, well centered on the suspect)

What would be a typical  load a barber would use?

Offline Hoodat

@sneakypete
It's an active crime scene...you cannot let civilians inside running around helter skelter.

Apparently, you can't let cops go inside either.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

This burns me up more than anything else.

The guy who commanded the response to the killing will not speak to anybody about it?

Ditto.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

A Blunderbuss seems like a weapon that would not be used in a situation like this.  Too risky for the hostages.  I'm inclined to think a magazine was unloaded into the killer.  As @Wingnut suggests, it was probably all the rounds the BORTAC man had in his Mag.

I was at a TEA Party meeting yesterday, where the Speaker was a long-time cop who did tactical work.  He was asked how to handle someone wearing body armor.  Someone (a proficient marksman) piped up, "Head shot!"  The officer said, no that's not correct.  Start shooting into the pelvic area and work your way up as the gun naturally bucks for each shot.  Even if the armor holds up, the impact blows will stop the subject from returning accurate fire.  If he persists with with chest shots, then aim carefully for the head to finish him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What would be a typical  load a barber would use?

I'd say 00 Buck.
I will NOT comply.