Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62242 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Bingo!  Single-point-of-entry, with multiple points-of-egress (i.e., locked against outside access, but freely openable - provided an alarm sounds - from inside).
Wire those doors into a panel that will indicate which door(s) are/have been opened (like the board on old submarines that indicated hatch status). Someone in the office could immediately see where in the building a breach had occurred.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Wire those doors into a panel that will indicate which door(s) are/have been opened (like the board on old submarines that indicated hatch status). Someone in the office could immediately see where in the building a breach had occurred.

:thumbsup:

Offline Smokin Joe

Again, I say: where the hell did he get the money to purchase two AR-15s, all these magazines and all that ammo? I read somewhere it was $5,000 worth. Pretty good for a guy who briefly worked at Wendy's and was fired.
I wonder the same thing.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I thought there were alarms on those doors if left open?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Smokin Joe

:thumbsup:
While we are on the submarine thing, periscopes ($20)

would allow someone to look into any window without exposing themselves to gunfire, and even to assess the situation surreptitiously. Intel about what part of the room, the shooter, how they are armed, even which way they are facing could be valuable to a tactical team ready to breach.
Why don't police have some sort of imaging device they can use to see inside--even a cell phone held up over the windowsill recording video could give information as to what is happening in the room. without necessarily being seen.

Also, if there are outside windows, why did no one attempt a shot to take out the shooter through the glass (yes, there may be some deflection, but the closer to the window, the less the effect of that on accuracy relative to the target).

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Idiot

Stimulus check.
DING...DING...DING....we have a winner!

Offline Idiot

Think of this town of Uvalde as a little larger version of Mayberry.  The police were not equipped or trained for such an event.  I'm sure they panicked and had no idea what to do.  Not defending them in the least.  I like to think if I were in their shoes that I'd have stormed the building to save as many lives as possible.  One never knows how you'd react until that horrible time comes.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Interviewed parents on MSNBC claim that the local police went into the school to save their own kids, but left everyone else's kids inside the school.

At this point, this is uncorroborated hearsay, but, if this is proven true ...
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Hoodat

Think of this town of Uvalde as a little larger version of Mayberry.  The police were not equipped or trained for such an event.  I'm sure they panicked and had no idea what to do.

Even Barney Fife would have gone in to save those kids.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I wonder the same thing.

The grandmother was what?...67years old?

He was living with the grandparents.  She threatened to turn off his cell service for not graduating with the rest of his class.

I know a regiment of grannies in their 60's (Realtors) who earn healthy six-figure annual incomes.  It wouldn't be unusual for her to 'SPOIL' this kid...it was her $74K (reported) truck too....since he didn't have a valid driver's license.

So, there's no mystery to me either on where he may have gotten the necessary $6K to outfit his arsenal.  'Graduation' gifts..birthday gifts...

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 27, 2022 3:28pm EDT
Texas school shooting suspect said 'goodnight,' played 'sad' music before firing, 11-year-old says
The Uvalde, Texas shooting survivor said the gunman looked her teacher in the eye, said 'goodnight,' and shot her
By Audrey Conklin | Fox News

Robb Elementary shooting survivor Miah Cerrillo, 11, told a reporter that the Uvalde, Texas, gunman suspected of killing 21 people, including 19 children, said "goodnight" and played "sad" music before opening fire on 10 and 11-year-olds.

Miah and her classmates were watching "Lilo & Stitch" on Tuesday during their last week of school when her teachers, deceased Eva Mireles and Irma Garcia, received an email alerting teachers that a shooter was in the building, the 11-year-old said during an interview. Miah only agreed to the interview on the condition that she would be speaking to a female interviewer since she is afraid of men after the shooting and that she would not be recorded.

One of the teachers went to the classroom door, "and he was right there — they made eye contact," the 11-year-old told CNN. "Miah says it just happened all so fast. He backed the teacher into the classroom. He made eye contact with the teacher, again, looked her right in the eye and said 'goodnight' and then shot her and killed her."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school-shooting-suspect-goodnight-sad-music

Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1530275060946288643
Just proof that mental illness is rampant in today's culture.

Though this be madness, methinks there's method in it...

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Presser with Abbott

Lauren Peikoff
@laurenpeikoff
·
1m
Re the changing timeline, Gov. Abbott says he was "misled," and he is "livid."
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
TheLeoTerrell
@TheLeoTerrell
·
15s
If the governor of Texas cannot trust the police department, how can the average citizen trust police regarding this massacre involving innocent children and two teachers.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
David Begnaud
@DavidBegnaud
·
45s
NOW: Texas Gov. Greg Abbott says he was 'misled' about police response to school shooting and is 'livid about what happened.'
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
TheLeoTerrell
@TheLeoTerrell
·
33s
Let’s not lose focus. The shooter is the monster in this case. The shooter represents pure evil.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
annmarie hordern
@annmarie
·
50s
Texas @GovAbbott
 says no laws that he signed allowed the shooter to get a gun. He says there will be a discussion to pass laws to make sure schools are safer, and to address healthcare.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
annmarie hordern
@annmarie
·
50s
Texas @GovAbbott
 says no laws that he signed allowed the shooter to get a gun. He says there will be a discussion to pass laws to make sure schools are safer, and to address healthcare.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
annmarie hordern
@annmarie
·
55s
"Ever since Texas has been a state" there's been an ability for 18 year olds to buy long guns, rifles, says @GovAbbott
.  We used to not have school shootings but we do now. "Maybe we're focusing our attention on the wrong thing..."
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
TheLeoTerrell
@TheLeoTerrell
·
4m
Governor Abbott: I suggest you sent @JudgeJeanine
 and myself to obtain the truth in Texas. Give us unconditional access to all information!
Support the USO