Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 62273 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

JMooski
@SternFBSuperfan

130,000 public and private schools in the US. If you put 2 officers in each one (need 2 due to sick, vacation, training days) at $100,000 per officer (salary + benefits) it would cost $26 billion to protect (reasonably) every school in America.

We sent $40 billion to Ukraine.

7:21 AM · May 25, 2022  Twitter for Android

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Texas gunman left home after fight with mom about Wi-Fi, mother's boyfriend says

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-gunman-left-home-fight-mom-wi-fi-mothers-boyfriend-says-rcna30495

Check out the red flags in the article. More heartbreaking.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Instead of condemning all our young people on being immature, perhaps we need to instead teach them maturity, not CRT or the other crap our schools spit out at them.

This is my point. Our institutions are clearly failing at this.  These institutions are not run by people who are in any way serious.  They promote woke ideology and dumbing down of the curriculum.

My proposal would not mean an 18 year old could not possess a gun. It would mean he would not be able to possess one without a parent or guardian approving it.

Oh, and BTW, the pickup he was driving could have mowed down more people than he shot.  You feel uncomfortable with an 18 year old driving?

People can drive as young as 15 with permission of a parent or guardian.  I think I would support parental permission for people to drive until age 21.

It's time we increased the amount of parental responsibility, and stop putting the onus on "the system" to raise our kids.  If kids are not legally entitled to rights until age 21 that will force parents to be more responsible for monitoring them because the parents and guardians themselves would be liable for the kids' actions until the age of maturity.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 08:25:24 pm by massadvj »

Offline Hoodat

@Hooda Why is it the sole responsibility of the schools. Schools (on average) have students for 6 hours a day for 180 days, tha is 1080 hours out of 8760 hour per year. that is about 12%.

Schools seem to have no lack of hours when it comes to teaching wokeness, climate change, and other left-wing indoctrination.  Instead of showing high school students Algore's movie in all six classes each year for three years straight, they could devote one of those class times to teaching the Sermon on the Mount.

Don't take this personally.  I realize your own situation may be different.  But on a grand scale, our children are being dumbed down and poisoned by a government-run educational monopoly with a long-range agenda.  The chickens have come home to roost.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
President Silver Alert is at the podium lying his ass off again.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Biden just said that the BLM/ANTIFA riots in 2020 were a good thing. A unifying event.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DB

Many of today's schools try to remove the boy from boys. When they behave like boys they chastise them and/or put them on drugs so they behave more like girls.

The left poisons society.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Now that we know the shooter is a cross-dresser, I suspect this story will die a quick death.

I doubt that. The press will hammer on his bullied youth because he dressed tranny.  There's pay dirt to be had.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online berdie

I'm even more uncomfortable with the fact that an 18 year old would want to walk into a gun store for a lethal weapon and hundreds of rounds of ammo.  Unless we identiy and change what's turning our kids into monsters, pushing the legal age to purchase the weapons of mass murder to 21 only delays the inevitable.

That is a true statement and said much better than I could have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From Townhall:

The Democrat candidate for governor was condemned by Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin: “Sir, you’re out of line,” McLaughlin said repeatedly. “Please leave this auditorium. I can’t believe you’re a sick son of a bitch who would come to a deal like this to make a political issue,”

Nacho is a perpetual loser.  Loser in life and in politics.

@Wingnut

Yeah,but he is a wealthy leftie,so the rules don't apply to him in the "classless Dim Party".

And in ONE respect,they really ARE "Classless".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Given the failure of our various institutions (including schools and families) to make young adults out of these kids, maybe it is time to bring the age of maturity to 21 instead of 18.  That includes the military draft, drinking, smoking, voting, all of it.  I would support it, and I think many others would as well.  I am not comfortable with the fact that an 18-year old can walk into gun store and walk out with a lethal weapon and hundreds of rounds of ammo.

@massadvj

Why? I got my first gun,a double barrel 12 gauge when I was 8 years old. I kept it and the shells in my bedroom.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am not comfortable with the fact that government holds children captive in indoctrination centers from kindergarten through grade 12, yet never teaches them the core moral foundation of treating others as you wish to be treated.

@Hoodat

Why? It is NOT the goobermints job to teach your children morality or just civilized behavior. That is YOUR job as a parent.

Online berdie

Carmine Sabia
@CarmineSabia
·
43m
Politics is my business. I have seen cheap political stunts before. But the political suicide Beto O'Rourke committed today is the worst I have ever seen. And if he thinks that is going to help him in Texas he is insane.

Myself, I am going to send Beto a thank you card.

When these killings of little children happen, I am always devastated. When devastated, I get mad and it helps me get thru it and do something constructive.

So, thanks, Beto you idiot, for making me furious. I'm going to our local school board and seeing what I might be able to do to help.

I am also going to contact my local Repub Committee (the Tea Party is demised here) and find out how to oppose this goofball. I honestly don't think he has a chance, but I want to be part of the "no chance".

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
@massadvj

Why? I got my first gun,a double barrel 12 gauge when I was 8 years old. I kept it and the shells in my bedroom.

I had a 22 rifle when I was a kid, but my parents had to buy it for me.  That is the point.  I have no problem with an 18 year old having guns, but until age 21 it must be with parental supervision, along with everything else.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I had a 22 rifle when I was a kid, but my parents had to buy it for me.  That is the point.  I have no problem with an 18 year old having guns, but until age 21 it must be with parental supervision, along with everything else.

@massadvj

Can't argue with that. Up to the point you turn 18,it is your parents who are responsible for your  conduct and for teaching you manners.

I don't know about you,but MY mother was the boss of me,and while she had very few "rules",I knew for an absolute fact she would tear my young ass up if I violated any of them because I had known of them ever since I learned to talk.

She wasn't very big on negotiating,either.

BUT......,I knew that as long as I obeyed her rules,I was "golden",and you can bet your ass that was a MUCH more agreeable prospect than the alternative.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

We sent $40 billion to Ukraine.
Nope. Congress sent $40 billion to themselves, their family members, and their friends.

It is more than obvious that Congress doesn't give a single shit about making America a safer, better place to live. Especially since they are all planning to retire with 100s of millions of dollars in their double gated fortresses with publicly funded armed guards.

Will this horrific tragedy get the attention of Congress? Nah, not at all. Next month they will ostensibly "send Ukraine" (snicker .. snicker .. wink wink) another $50 billion.

Congress has no shame. They have no soul. They are nothing but greedy parasites who do not care at all about "American" children unless there is some way for them to profit by 'caring'. Once the cameras fade, Congress will not even remember that this ever happened.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Congress has no shame. They have no soul. They are nothing but greedy parasites who do not care at all about "American" children unless there is some way for them to profit by 'caring'. Once the cameras fade, Congress will not even remember that this ever happened.[/size]

This is why they are all pushing for a nice stalemate in Ukraine, knowing that Russian defeat is not thinkable given the country's nuclear arsenal.  Nothing like a new cold war to keep the pork pouring in as the American people pay through the nose with inflation, which they will blame on the greedy capitalists.

Online mountaineer

Mom of Texas school shooter Salvador Ramos claims he ‘wasn’t a violent person’
By Jorge Fitz-Gibbon   
May 25, 2022 5:17pm Updated

The mother of the deranged 18-year-old maniac who gunned down 19 children and two teachers at a Texas elementary school said she was “surprised” by his deadly outburst, claiming “my son wasn’t a violent person.”

Adriana Reyes said her son, shooter Salvador Ramos, “kept to himself and didn’t have many friends,” but denied the two had a volatile relationship, the Daily Mail reported.

“My son wasn’t a violent person,” Reyes told the outlet Wednesday. “I’m surprised by what he did.

“I pray for those families,” she said. “I’m praying for all of those innocent children, yes I am. They had no part in this.”

According to reports, Reyes struggled with drug use and had kicked her troubled son out of her home — forcing him to move in with his grandmother, who he shot before his unthinkable rampage. ... NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

[According to reports, Reyes struggled with drug use and had kicked her troubled son out of her home — forcing him to move in with his grandmother, who he shot before his unthinkable rampage. ... NY Post
So the mother knowlingly removed her troubled son to attack the grandmother.

Some mother.

She could easily win a seat on the Loudoin County school board in the way it handles troubled youth.

Speaking of that, are we now seeing a trend of cross-dressing males acting violently?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

Speaking of that, are we now seeing a trend of cross-dressing males acting violently?
Can't imagine why. It's the one most perfectly socially acceptable form of mental illness there is.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Can't imagine why. It's the one most perfectly socially acceptable form of mental illness there is.

These freaks have been emboldened with the wokeness of the past few years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Reminds me of a movie I saw.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Reminds me of a movie I saw.

And much earlier, Clockwork Orange.  All freaks, not surprised they snap into degenerate killers.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The Dems want to lower it to as young as 15 to vote.  That is all one needs to know about them.  Always 18 has been the traditional time of gaining manhood.  This cross dresser is not one of those.

Instead of condemning all our young people on being immature, perhaps we need to instead teach them maturity, not CRT or the other crap our schools spit out at them.

Oh, and BTW, the pickup he was driving could have mowed down more people than he shot.  You feel uncomfortable with an 18 year old driving?
18 year olds, and younger can walk into a hardware store and legally buy everything they need to make pipe and propane bombs, they can grab a large butcher knife from the kitchen. If someone has made the decision that other's lives as well as their own are worthless they will find a way to kill. This guy could have just as easily broken a gas main at the school and wreaked havoc with an explosion. The gun argument is a red herring to distract everyone from the mental health crisis facing the nation while advancing the communists long term goal of disarming Americans.

Online mountaineer

18 year olds, and younger can walk into a hardware store and legally buy everything they need to make pipe and propane bombs, they can grab a large butcher knife from the kitchen. If someone has made the decision that other's lives as well as their own are worthless they will find a way to kill. This guy could have just as easily broken a gas main at the school and wreaked havoc with an explosion. The gun argument is a red herring to distract everyone from the mental health crisis facing the nation while advancing the communists long term goal of disarming Americans.
Upthread, CL mentioned the mass murder carried out in a school in Michigan in 1927. The killer used dynamite. Islamoterrorists have killed thousands of people over the decades with weapons other than guns. In 2014 in China, 31 people were killed and 141 wounded by eight people wielding knives. In 2016 in Japan, one man killed 19 and wounded 26 in a knife attack.

It's not the gun. It's the motive and intent.