Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 61768 times)

Offline verga

The first school shooting I was aware of was that of Brenda Spenser in January 1979. Probably because of the song that came out in July 79 by the Boomtown Rats and was all over the radio.
@Gefn The very first recorded school shooting happened in 1840 John Anthony Gardner Davis, a law professor at the University of Virginia, was shot by student Joseph Semmes and died three days later.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

I have said it before and I will keep saying it until people listen or I pass away. We need to train and arm willing teachers and school staff. We need to put signs outside of the schools that state that the staff is armed and willing to defend the lives of their studentsa nd fellow staff members.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
John W
@txradioguy
·
3m
There’s parents that haven’t even been notified if their kids are alive or dead in the Uvalde TX shooting and there are people trying to score political points off of a tragedy. What a bunch of heartless ghouls.

The political point scoring by the left got much worse after I posted that.  It's disgusting.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 12:42:01 pm by mystery-ak »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

The political point scoring by the left got much worse after I posted that.  It's disgusting.

Yes, it is.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

To me, the fact that he liked wearing dresses screams "mental illness".  So yeah, if they want to play the 'mentally ill' card, I'm game.
Mental illness is obvious as he shot his own grandma.

Reminds me of another cold blooded killer Charles Whitman in 1966 who killed his wife and mother before he climbed the UT tower for a shooting spree that shot 42 people.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Obviously a white supremacist.  *****rollingeyes*****

I'm sure at some point he'll be labeled as a "White Hispanic"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Kamaji

I'm sure at some point he'll be labeled as a "White Hispanic"

It's only a matter of time.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC’s Reid: Canada, Mexico Should Build Border Walls in Response to U.S. Mass Shootings

Pam Key 24 May 2022

MSNBC anchor Joy Reid said Tuesday on her show “The ReidOut” that Canada and Mexico should build walls along their borders with the United States because of the number of mass shootings.

Network contributor Matthew Dowd said, “They are not ever going to talk about what the problem is, which is access to guns. Access to guns without checks and without mental health confirmation. That’s what you’re going to hear from the Republicans. They will divert it, so they don’t have to talk about the real problem, which is access to guns.”

Reid said, “I’m sorry, but they will try that without any data because I just read this stat, and I’ll say it again. School shootings by country, you want to make it sound like the problem is the border, so the problem is coming over the border from Mexico? Good luck with that — 288 school shootings in the United States thus far this year, eight in Mexico, eight. We are scores of magnitude more dangerous on this side of the border than that one. Maybe Mexico should build a wall to keep the American mass shooters out because that would actually be more logical.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/24/msnbcs-reid-canada-mexico-should-build-border-walls-in-response-to-u-s-mass-shootings/
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 12:57:03 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
All students killed in Uvalde shooting were in same classroom, official says
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter |
 | May 25, 2022 08:45 AM

All 19 of the children killed in a shooting at a Texas elementary school on Tuesday were in the same fourth grade classroom, according to a state public safety official.

The 18-year-old gunman, Salvador Ramos, had reportedly made it into several classrooms while carrying out his attack, which left at least 22 dead, including 19 children, two teachers, and the shooter. It’s not immediately clear whether the teachers were in the same classroom.

An anonymous law enforcement official told the Associated Press that a Border Patrol agent shot and killed the gunman after rushing into Robb Elementary School without waiting for backup. The shooter was hiding behind a barricade and engaging in gunfire with other officials, this source said.

This story is developing and will be updated.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/crime/all-students-killed-in-uvalde-shooting-were-in-same-classroom-official-says
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shooter tells kids ‘you’re going to die’: Horrific last moments, 10-yr.-old shot while calling 911
May 25, 2022 | Kevin Haggerty

Of those present at a Texas elementary school Tuesday morning when a murderer entered the building and took the lives of at least 19 children and two teachers, it is being reported that one of the victims spent her last moments trying to save the lives of her classmates while the suspect declared, “You’re going to die.”

Salvador Ramos was identified as the 18-year-old shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas where witnesses described him wearing body armor while carrying a handgun and a rifle. As the suspect opened fire on the defenseless students and faculty, 10-year-old Amerie Jo Garza did what she could to try and help her peers.

The fourth-grader was said to have taken out her cellphone in an effort to call the police before the suspect saw what she was doing. Berlinda Irene Arreola, Garza’s grandmother, explained in a message to The Daily Beast, “My Grand Daughter was shot and killed for trying to call 911, she died a Hero trying to get help for her and her fellow classmates.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/05/25/shooter-tells-kids-youre-going-to-die-horrific-last-moments-10-yr-old-shot-while-calling-911-1242095/
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

How was he able to gain entrance to the school?  Were the doors unlocked?

Offline verga

There have been 981 violent crimes committed by illegal immigrants this year, not counting the 1600 robberies and drug trafficking, or almost 3400 illegal entry/ reentry. Maybe they come here because the picking are better.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Border Patrol Agent Rushed Into Texas School And Killed Shooter: REPORT

Brianna Lyman
Reporter
May 24, 2022 9:09 PM ET
Font Size:

A border patrol agent reportedly rushed into the Texas elementary school where a gunman opened fire Tuesday and fatally shot the suspected shooter.

An unidentified agent was near Robb Elementary School in Ulvade, Texas, when 18-year-old Salvador Romas opened fire, killing at least 18 children, The Associated Press (AP) reported. The agent rushed into the school and found Romas barricaded, a law enforcement official who spoke on the condition of anonymity told the AP. The agent fatally shot Romas, according to the report. The agent was reportedly wounded but managed to make it out of the school, according to the report. It is unclear how the agent was injured.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/05/24/border-patrol-agent-killed-texas-shooter/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

That puzzled me. Even in our little burg in gun-toting W.Va., you can't get into the public schools. Doors are locked, you have to buzz the intercom, state your business and be approved for entry before being admitted.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 01:29:20 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wasn't the largest casualty school killing event done with dynamite?  Memory is a bit foggy on this....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Wasn't the largest casualty school killing event done with dynamite?  Memory is a bit foggy on this....
Yes, Michigan in the 1920s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That puzzled me. Even in our little burg in gun-toting W.Va., you can't get into the public schools. Doors are locked, you have to buzz the intercom, state your business and be approved for entryand before being admitted.

Is that to prevent a shooting, or to prevent Custodial Interference?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Is that to prevent a shooting, or to prevent Custodial Interference?
Both. To try to prevent any sort harm befalling the kiddies, whether from noncustodial parents or strangers. When I've visited a school for a news story, I've gone through the same routine.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
There have been 981 violent crimes committed by illegal immigrants this year, not counting the 1600 robberies and drug trafficking, or almost 3400 illegal entry/ reentry. Maybe they come here because the picking are better.

Maybe so, but this shooter, Salvador Ramos, was not an illegal immigrant.

https://mykuwaits.com/us/salvador-ramos/

Offline Kamaji

That puzzled me. Even in our little burg in gun-toting W.Va., you can't get into the public schools. Doors are locked, you have to buzz the intercom, state your business and be approved for entryand before being admitted.

Same with all the schools where I live:  All doors are locked to the outside (emergency doors will open from the inside), and there is only one controlled front entrance where people can enter, and if one does not have an ID pass, one has to talk to the security officer and go to the front office to get permission to access the rest of the school.  And, because of the way the school lobbies are laid out, there is a second set of internal doors that have to be accessed before a person gets unfettered access to the classrooms.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Exactly and you know there were people aware of this 'local Boy's' problem and did nothing. 

@GtHawk

And THERE it is! There is no way in hell this kid suddenly flipped his lid the day before this happened,and decided to go shoot up a school the next day.

Wanna blame someone? Blame his parents AND the shrink/shrink employer for not recognizing he was dangerous,and locking his ass UP.

Granted,it is the nature of parents to overlook or dismiss the signs as "just a stage he is going through",but the mental health authorities have no such excuse. It is their JOB to identify problems and do what they can to resolve them so their patient is no longer a danger to themselves or anyone else.

I do understand that nobody likes the idea of locking someone away for what is essentially a life sentence,especially a minor,but their first obligation is NOT to themselves OR to their patient. It is to protect the innocent from what is determined to be a genuine threat to public safety.

Granted,this is a serious step to be taken,especially given that most of these kids haven't even committed any crimes yet,but the ONLY way to monitor them and any successes or failure they may have in adjusting mentally is WHY they have degrees and jobs.

I don't like the idea of creating another bureaucracy,but each state should have a formal board to review the cases of patients whose shrinks are requesting they be put in a controlled living situation and closely monitored. Like parolees from prison,they should have to appear before a review board WITH their shrink or a representative from the institution that employees the shrink,and state WHY he is now fit to be released from institutionalized care.

There is no way in HELL  anyone is going to convince me that this kid got to this stage without his parents,friends,and the kids he went to school and socialized with didn't notice it.

Yeah,the parents,being parents,will usually ignore this sort of thing and hope it gets better,but the neighbors,school mates,and anyone in the general public they come into contact with will damn sure notice "there is something off about that boy......."

Face it,this level of insanity can NOT be hidden by  the loon any more than they can just decide to stop breathing. It IS who they are. Their whole sense of self/self-identity is tied into their psychosis.

Yeah,there are some highly intelligent kooks that understand they are nuts and need to hide it,but I suspect they are in the minority. They are the serial killer types,not the type that shoots up playgrounds or schools in mass shootings.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Offline mountaineer

And now, the warning signs:
Suspected Uvalde gunman displayed violent tendencies before school massacre: Reports
by Victor I. Nava, Overnight News Editor |
 | May 25, 2022 06:23 AM

The man who authorities believe opened fire inside a Texas elementary school, killing 19 students and two teachers on Tuesday, displayed violent tendencies and had a troubled home and school life, according to reports.

Friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers of 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, the suspected gunman, told media outlets in the aftermath of the shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, that Ramos was generally quiet but at times could be threatening, violent, and displayed unstable behavior. ...
Read at Washington Examiner

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Reports I've read said the school was locked down at 11:43 yesterday morning.

The video shows him getting into the building via a side door or a door at the end of one of the wings of the school.  It's hard to tell from the video.

Bottom line someone didn't make sure ALL the doors were secure.

Offline Kamaji

Reports I've read said the school was locked down at 11:43 yesterday morning.

The video shows him getting into the building via a side door or a door at the end of one of the wings of the school.  It's hard to tell from the video.

Bottom line someone didn't make sure ALL the doors were secure.

All doors other than the front entrance - manned by security staff - should be locked to outside access as a matter of course.  Waiting until there is a lockdown order is just tempting fate.