Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 61344 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uvalde families to file $27 billion civil lawsuit against police, gunmaker over school shooting

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/08/uvalde-families-to-file-27-billion-civil-lawsuit-against-police-gunmaker-over-school-shooting/

The families of the victims and survivors of the Robb Elementary School massacre in Uvalde, Texas, are preparing to file a massive lawsuit against the local and state police, the shop that sold gunman Salvador Ramos his weapon and the manufacturer who made the gun.

Attorney Charles Bonner announced Sunday that he is filing a $27 billion civil rights lawsuit against the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Department, school police chief Pete Arredondo, sheriff’s offices, the Texas Rangers, the Texas Department of Public Safety, Border Patrol, the Uvalde Independent School District school board, the Uvalde City Council and the City of Uvalde.

Also listed in the lawsuit are gun manufacturer Daniel Defense and Oasis Outback, where Ramos bought the gun.

More at link.

@Elderberry

From the  link:"“Everyone in this world are hurting and bleeding about what is happening here in Uvalde. And it’s up to us to make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

Does this mean these great humanitarian lawyers are NOT going to keep any of the money for themselves,and donate it to humane causes instead?

Inquiring minds,and all dat.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot

As much as my heart breaks for the parents of those slaughtered children, there is not enough money in the world to bring those precious kids back.  The kid pulling the trigger is to blame.  It won't make the parents feel any better, but this guy needed to die.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 06:33:32 pm by mrpotatohead »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More

August 24, 2022 12:39pm EDT
Uvalde police chief faces possible firing 3 months after mass shooting as families prep whopping $27B lawsuit
Families impacted by Robb Elementary School shooting indicate intent to file $27 billion federal class action lawsuit

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

The suspended and embattled Uvalde, Texas, school district police Chief Pete Arredondo could learn his fate on whether he’ll be fired on Wednesday – three months to the day after the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School and after the victims’ families recently signaled a potential $27 billion lawsuit over the massacre.

The agenda posted online for Wednesday’s special meeting of the Uvalde Independent School District Board of Trustees includes time for a closed-door session, before resuming for public "discussion and possible action regarding termination for good cause as recommended by the Superintendent of the non-certified contract of Pete Arredondo." The meeting is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. CT.

A board meeting to consider Arrendondo’s termination was initially scheduled for July 23, but it was delayed at the request of Arrendondo’s attorney, and "in conformity with due process requirements." As allowed by law, he has remained on unpaid administrative leave since June.

Charles Bonner, one of the attorneys representing families impacted by the Uvalde shooting, told Fox News Digital on Wednesday that they have filed notices of claim for a potential $27 billion lawsuit aimed at holding law enforcement agencies, city council members, school district officials and others accountable for the response to the May 24 shooting that left 19 children and two adults dead.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-police-chief-faces-possible-firing-three-months-mass-shooting-families-prep-whopping-lawsuit
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As much as my heart breaks for the parents of those slaughtered children, there is not enough money in the world to bring those precious kids back.  The kid pulling the trigger is to blame.  It won't make the parents feel any better, but this guy needed to die.

That guy never should have gotten in that building much less into a classroom full of kids! If you took up a collection among the first responders there you still wind up one nut short of a full set!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Does this mean these great humanitarian lawyers are NOT going to keep any of the money for themselves,and donate it to humane causes instead?
Fees of at least 40% the recovery, I suspect.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Hoodat

Uvalde schools police chief Pete Arredondo fired over botched response to shooting that killed 19 students and 2 teachers

From the time police entered the building May 24, 1 hour, 14 minutes and 8 seconds passed until the gunman was killed.

Tim Stelloh, Phil Helsel and Alicia Victoria Lozano  |  Aug. 24, 2022, 8:13 PM EDT

Uvalde schools police chief Pete Arredondo was fired Wednesday by the Texas city’s school board.

The board voted unanimously in favor of the embattled chief's ouster after a recommendation from the school district superintendent.

Arredondo's removal caps off three months of outrage over the botched law enforcement response to a deadly shooting at Robb Elementary School that killed 19 children and two teachers.

One hour, 14 minutes and 8 seconds passed from the time police entered the building May 24 until the gunman was killed, Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw has said.

Before Wednesday's vote at a special school board meeting, one speaker who appeared to be a child said: "I have messages for Pete Arredondo and all the law enforcement there that day. Turn in your badge and step down. You don’t deserve to wear one."

Arredondo did not attend the meeting that was called to address his employment. In a statement, his lawyer said Arredondo has faced death threats and did not believe the meeting was safe.

The lawyer, George Hyde, said it was “beyond any doubt that discharge from public employment under circumstances that put the employee’s reputation, honor or integrity at stake gives rise to a liberty interest” under the Constitution’s equal protection clause.

Hyde said that a person in those circumstances is entitled to a procedural opportunity to clear their name.

Hyde also portrayed Arredondo as a victim of those affected by the massacre. Instead of being able to lash out at the gunman, who was fatally shot by police, they sought “more retribution by identifying a new target to focus their grief on, with the belief that it will help them stop hurting,” he said.

“Unfortunately, it won’t,” Hyde said. “Retribution will not bring anyone back  .  .  .

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/uvalde-schools-police-chief-pete-arredondo-fired-botched-response-shoo-rcna39025
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Uvalde school board fires police Chief Pete Arredondo after mass shooting
CBS News, Aug 24, 2022

The Uvalde school district's embattled police chief was fired Wednesday following allegations that he made several critical mistakes during the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School that left 19 students and two teachers dead.

In a unanimous vote that arrived after months of angry calls for his ouster, the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District's board of trustees fired Pete Arredondo in an auditorium of parents and survivors of the May 24 massacre. His ouster came three months to the day after one of the deadliest classroom shootings in U.S. history.

Cheers from the crowd followed the vote, and some parents walked out in tears.

"Coward!" parents yelled in a Uvalde auditorium as the meeting got underway.

Arredondo, who has been on leave from the district since June 22, has come under the most intense scrutiny of the nearly 400 officers who rushed to school but waited more than an hour to confront the 18-year-old gunman in a fourth-grade classroom.

Arredondo was not in attendance with his career on the line.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/uvalde-school-board-fires-police-chief-pete-arredondo-after-mass-shooting/

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Uvalde school board fires police Chief Pete Arredondo after mass shooting
CBS News, Aug 24, 2022

The Uvalde school district's embattled police chief was fired Wednesday following allegations that he made several critical mistakes during the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School that left 19 students and two teachers dead.

In a unanimous vote that arrived after months of angry calls for his ouster, the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District's board of trustees fired Pete Arredondo in an auditorium of parents and survivors of the May 24 massacre. His ouster came three months to the day after one of the deadliest classroom shootings in U.S. history.

Cheers from the crowd followed the vote, and some parents walked out in tears.

"Coward!" parents yelled in a Uvalde auditorium as the meeting got underway.

Arredondo, who has been on leave from the district since June 22, has come under the most intense scrutiny of the nearly 400 officers who rushed to school but waited more than an hour to confront the 18-year-old gunman in a fourth-grade classroom.

Arredondo was not in attendance with his career on the line.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/uvalde-school-board-fires-police-chief-pete-arredondo-after-mass-shooting/

Took three months to do what should have been done on day one! I'm NOT impressed!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Took three months to do what should have been done on day one! I'm NOT impressed!

Personally, I think he belongs in prison @Bigun

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Personally, I think he belongs in prison @Bigun

No argument from me @Right_in_Virginia and he's not the only one either!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 August 25, 2022 9:10am EDT
Uvalde funeral homes refused to handle services for Robb Elementary school shooting suspect: report
Uvalde, Texas, shooting suspect Salvador Ramos' body was stored out of town for three weeks as family squabbled over his remains

Uvalde, Texas, funeral homes did not want to handle services for accused Robb Elementary School shooter 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, forcing the local coroner to store his body for weeks as the family squabbled over the release of the remains, according to a report.

Uvalde County Justice of the Peace No. 4 Eulalio "Lalo" Diaz Jr., serving as the de facto county coroner, told The Houston Chronicle that funeral homes in Ramos’ hometown were already busy handling services for his total 21 victims killed in the May 24 massacre and did not want to worry about the notoriety brought upon their businesses if they agreed to handle the accused gunman’s remains.

"Once they got to him, the funeral homes in town said, ‘We don’t want to deal with him,’" Diaz Jr. told the newspaper. "I had to store him for three weeks. As the funerals for the victims were going on, I was still dealing with what to do with him. It was a stressful time."

The Bexar County Medical Examiner conducted an autopsy on Ramos on May 27, but Diaz Jr. had to keep the body in storage for three weeks about a two-hour drive away from Uvalde in Lockhart, Texas, as Ramos’ splintered family squabbled over his body. Eventually, an out-of-town funeral home – Castle Ridge in Crystal City, Texas – stepped in to handle funeral arrangements, and Ramos was released to relatives, Diaz Jr. said. Ramos’ death report shows that he was cremated in a nondescript building on South Frio Street on the western edge of downtown San Antonio, according to the Chronicle.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-funeral-homes-refused-handle-services-robb-elementary-school-shooting-suspect-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

August 25, 2022 9:10am EDT
Uvalde funeral homes refused to handle services for Robb Elementary school shooting suspect: report
Uvalde, Texas, shooting suspect Salvador Ramos' body was stored out of town for three weeks as family squabbled over his remains

Uvalde, Texas, funeral homes did not want to handle services for accused Robb Elementary School shooter 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, forcing the local coroner to store his body for weeks as the family squabbled over the release of the remains, according to a report.

Uvalde County Justice of the Peace No. 4 Eulalio "Lalo" Diaz Jr., serving as the de facto county coroner, told The Houston Chronicle that funeral homes in Ramos’ hometown were already busy handling services for his total 21 victims killed in the May 24 massacre and did not want to worry about the notoriety brought upon their businesses if they agreed to handle the accused gunman’s remains.

"Once they got to him, the funeral homes in town said, ‘We don’t want to deal with him,’" Diaz Jr. told the newspaper. "I had to store him for three weeks. As the funerals for the victims were going on, I was still dealing with what to do with him. It was a stressful time."

The Bexar County Medical Examiner conducted an autopsy on Ramos on May 27, but Diaz Jr. had to keep the body in storage for three weeks about a two-hour drive away from Uvalde in Lockhart, Texas, as Ramos’ splintered family squabbled over his body. Eventually, an out-of-town funeral home – Castle Ridge in Crystal City, Texas – stepped in to handle funeral arrangements, and Ramos was released to relatives, Diaz Jr. said. Ramos’ death report shows that he was cremated in a nondescript building on South Frio Street on the western edge of downtown San Antonio, according to the Chronicle.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-funeral-homes-refused-handle-services-robb-elementary-school-shooting-suspect-report
Can anyone explain exactly why he is due a funeral?. Putting him Potters filed in an unmarked grave.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Can anyone explain exactly why he is due a funeral?. Putting him Potters filed in an unmarked grave.
Funerals are for the family, and no matter how screwed up he was and likely his family are, they deserve to have their closure, too. Hard to imagine a member of my family doing something like that, and I'd be conflicted about how to handle it if they did (likely the family squabbling going on was over that). But, despite their not paying attention, ultimately, they themselves did not do the deed, and likely would have stopped him if they had known.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis