Author Topic: BREAKING: Active shooter at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, school district says  (Read 61390 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Did they do something to the water in Texas?
I don't think it is limited to Texas.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Sadly, there's also been some true nuttery going on in Florida public schools. We expect better of TX and FL, but here we are.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Probably has to do with union rules.  Another reason why union power over schools needs to be reduced.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Probably has to do with union rules.  Another reason why union power over schools needs to be reduced.

Hmmmm.  I dunno, I always thought Principals were considered "Management" and not union members.   On the other hand, that doesn't stop the unions from advocating on a non-member Principal's behalf....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@verga

Somebody remind me what she did wrong. She is a Principal,not a cop.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Hmmmm.  I dunno, I always thought Principals were considered "Management" and not union members.   On the other hand, that doesn't stop the unions from advocating on a non-member Principal's behalf....

There is the American Federation of School Administrators, which represents public school principals, vice principals, administrators, and supervisors and is associated with the AFL-CIO.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@verga

She sets the tone for how her employees view security and the like.  Supposedly a teacher left the door open for the shooter.

She may or may not have done anything specific to allow/cause this to happen, but she's responsible for all activities, like an officer in the Army.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She sets the tone for how her employees view security and the like.  Supposedly a teacher left the door open for the shooter.

She may or may not have done anything specific to allow/cause this to happen, but she's responsible for all activities, like an officer in the Army.

@Cyber Liberty

Whatever happened to the concept of "blame the guilty party"?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Whatever happened to the concept of "blame the guilty party"?

Whatever happened to Principals taking responsibility for the actions of their employees' actions?
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Whatever happened to Principals taking responsibility for the actions of their employees' actions?

Facts are, that the "Prepared" school staff are the aberration.  This could have begun at any school. (Speaking about the unlocked doors for convenience, etc..)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

Facts are, that the "Prepared" school staff are the aberration.  This could have begun at any school. (Speaking about the unlocked doors for convenience, etc..)

That's true... And nearly always going to happen. Sec minded folks are rigid. Life does not conform to rigidity. Most human hacks are centered in the apathy of the mundane.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's true... And nearly always going to happen. Sec minded folks are rigid. Life does not conform to rigidity. Most human hacks are centered in the apathy of the mundane.

:pondering:
I will NOT comply.

Offline verga

@verga

She allowed the teachers to be lax in security, nor did she make sure that the lock had been repaired.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

https://twitter.com/UnivHealthSA/status/1553141167163858945

July 30, 2022 6:32am EDT
Uvalde, Texas: Final victim of mass shooting discharged from San Antonio hospital
A San Antonio hospital released the last of its patients who were injured in the mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas that left 19 students and two teachers dead in May
By Lawrence Richard | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/us/uvalde-texas-final-victim-mass-shooting-discharged-san-antonio-hospital
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She allowed the teachers to be lax in security, nor did she make sure that the lock had been repaired.

@verga

She is a Principal,not a Master Sergeant.  The security in the school would have been fine IF the individuals responsible for the lapses had just obeyed the rules already established.

Also,how do you even know the broken lock had been reported to her? After all,her job is to ensure the children get an adequate education,or what passes as an adequate education these days,not a maintenance manager. The school has someone else hired to do that job.

Offline Kamaji

@verga

She is a Principal,not a Master Sergeant.  The security in the school would have been fine IF the individuals responsible for the lapses had just obeyed the rules already established.

Also,how do you even know the broken lock had been reported to her? After all,her job is to ensure the children get an adequate education,or what passes as an adequate education these days,not a maintenance manager. The school has someone else hired to do that job.

She's responsible for making sure that all teachers and staff are following mandatory security requirements, and she failed to do so.  She bears responsibility for that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She's responsible for making sure that all teachers and staff are following mandatory security requirements, and she failed to do so.  She bears responsibility for that.

Not anymore she doesn't.  Scot-free.  Must have some good Democrat friends.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Not anymore she doesn't.  Scot-free.  Must have some good Democrat friends.

It appears that Uvalde is still a Democrat enclave.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

@verga

I can't speak for al districts, but in the ones I worked at the Principal is the one that puts in all repair/ work orders. Further if she is not checking to make sure proper procedures are being followed, then she is negligent.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I can't speak for al districts, but in the ones I worked at the Principal is the one that puts in all repair/ work orders. Further if she is not checking to make sure proper procedures are being followed, then she is negligent.

@verga

Granted that I am a geezer,but I never went to any public school in my life that didn't have full-time maintenance men hired to let the Principle (their boss) know what needed to be done,and either did the repairs themselves,or supervised/observed them being done.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@verga

Granted that I am a geezer,but I never went to any public school in my life that didn't have full-time maintenance men hired to let the Principle (their boss) know what needed to be done,and either did the repairs themselves,or supervised/observed them being done.

I guess that would depend on the local policies.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I guess that would depend on the local policies.   :shrug:

In most of Texas, school principals are like warden at our prison units in that EVERYTHING on their unit is their responsibility.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

In most of Texas, school principals are like warden at our prison units in that EVERYTHING on their unit is their responsibility.
I won't speak for other counties, but that is the way it is in my county here in VA

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Uvalde families to file $27 billion civil lawsuit against police, gunmaker over school shooting

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/08/uvalde-families-to-file-27-billion-civil-lawsuit-against-police-gunmaker-over-school-shooting/

The families of the victims and survivors of the Robb Elementary School massacre in Uvalde, Texas, are preparing to file a massive lawsuit against the local and state police, the shop that sold gunman Salvador Ramos his weapon and the manufacturer who made the gun.

Attorney Charles Bonner announced Sunday that he is filing a $27 billion civil rights lawsuit against the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Police Department, school police chief Pete Arredondo, sheriff’s offices, the Texas Rangers, the Texas Department of Public Safety, Border Patrol, the Uvalde Independent School District school board, the Uvalde City Council and the City of Uvalde.

Also listed in the lawsuit are gun manufacturer Daniel Defense and Oasis Outback, where Ramos bought the gun.

More at link.