Author Topic: Clyburn: Biden Will Issue Executive Order on Policing Reform  (Read 262 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 24 May 2022

House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-SC) declared Tuesday on MSNBC’s “José Díaz-Balart Reports” that to mark the upcoming anniversary of George Floyd’s death, President Joe Biden will issue an executive order aimed at policing practices.

Díaz-Balart said, “Congressman, tomorrow, as you know, will mark two years since George Floyd died after a Minneapolis police officer put his knee on Floyd’s neck. His death led to calls for police reform. But Bipartisan talks have fallen apart. Is there any hope of anything coming out of this soon?”

Clyburn said, “Yes. I think that the president is about to deal with some of this by executive order. We ought not pooh-pooh executive orders. The Emancipation Proclamation was an executive order. Then the Congress came along, and then the 13th Amendment of the Constitution came five, six years later. We integrated the Armed Services, or Harry Truman did with an executive order. Congress acted years later. That is the way we have leadership. Joe Biden is leading on this question. And he is going to do what is necessary to put in place an executive order dealing with these issues since Congress has refused to act. I don’t know what we would have gotten rid of slavery if Abraham Lincoln waited for Congress to act. Joe Biden is not going to wait on Congress. He is going to put forward an executive order.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/24/clyburn-biden-will-issue-executive-order-on-policing-reform/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Clyburn: Biden Will Issue Executive Order on Policing Reform
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 06:56:16 pm »
Oh, this won't go well.

Do Federal Executive Orders apply to state, county, and local governments and agencies?  I though their scope was limited to Federal agencies and territories.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 06:57:44 pm »
Why isn't the Week of the 25th of May a national holiday?  The George Floyd Memorial Holidays.  It would be racist not to.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 08:33:05 pm »
Biden has zilch authority to do this.

Best to just ignore the idiot
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 11:27:37 pm »
Yeah the Democrat Communist Party wants to make a felon drug addict the face of their party. George Floyd was a dead man walking. I'm all for police reform if it is going to get rid of the bad pigs. Traitor Joe and his puppet masters have no idea how to deal with anything. Until qualified immunity is eliminated nothing will change. There never should have been qualified immunity.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 11:29:18 pm by Killer Clouds »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 11:42:28 pm »
F@ck Saint fentanyl George and his black racebaiter Clyburn
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 01:22:03 am »
F@ck Saint fentanyl George and his black racebaiter Clyburn
Very well said. I agree!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2022, 02:42:26 am »
What ever could be the  problem with the faultless, blameless saint JOE saving us all from the evil Trump?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions