Author Topic: Manchin calls for ‘common sense’ gun limits, resists filibuster reform  (Read 128 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Manchin calls for ‘common sense’ gun limits, resists filibuster reform
by Mike Lillis - 05/24/22 7:44 PM ET

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Tuesday lamented the lack of Senate support for tougher gun laws in the wake of a mass shooting in Texas hours earlier, but rejected the notion of eliminating the filibuster for the purpose of passing such a bill.

Manchin noted that he has three grandchildren of an age similar to the victims at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, where at least 14 kids and one teacher were shot and killed.

“It’s just absolutely horrific,” Manchin said. “You all know where I stand; I’ll do anything I can.”

Pressed on whether he would consider scrapping the filibuster to tighten the nation’s gun laws, he warned that it would lead to chaos in the Senate.

“The filibuster is the only thing that prevents us from total insanity. Total insanity,” he said.

The response is consistent coming from the West Virginia centrist, who along with Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) has resisted pressure from fellow Democrats to get rid of the filibuster in order to pass various pieces of President Biden’s legislative agenda.

more
https://thehill.com/news/senate/3500416-manchin-calls-for-common-sense-gun-limits-resists-filibuster-reform/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

The DCP idea of "common sense" gun control is to ban and confiscate all civilian owned firearms. Anything shy of that is stupidity in their eyes.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
KC:
The DCP idea of "common sense" gun control is to ban and confiscate all civilian owned firearms. Anything shy of that is stupidity in their eyes.

When democrats are on a gun control jihad, they have no desire to be reasonable, except to felons and terrorists, drug lords, and foreigners.  Pro gun the latter, anti-gun the former, as we have alll seen before.  World terrorist and world terrorists nations can depend on democrats giving them ARMIES, while seeking endlessly to disarm us.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions