Author Topic: More Bad News on the Energy Front: Entergy Corp Shuts Down Nuclear Power Plant in Michigan  (Read 516 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit 5/21/2022

Entergy Corp. announced on Friday that it had permanently shut down its Palisades Power Plant in Michigan after 50 years of operation earlier than planned.

“Control room operators at Entergy’s Palisades Power Plant safely removed the nuclear reactor from service for the final time on May 20. The plant was originally scheduled to permanently shut down on May 31, but after careful monitoring, operators made the conservative decision to shut down the plant early due to the performance of a control rod drive seal,” Entergy said in a statement.

The Palisades plant covers 432 acres in western Covert Township, Van Buren County, Michigan, and generates around 800 megawatts of electricity, that’s enough to power 800,000 residences in Southwest Michigan. The facility employed around 600 employees.

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/bad-news-energy-front-entergy-corp-shuts-nuclear-power-plant-michigan/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I visited Palisades when I was a child.  Dad had clearance from a Nuke construction job in Ohio.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
In 2017, Entergy Corp. announced that it would shut down its Palisades plant in the spring of 2022 ‘due to a number of financial factors.’

That means, it was no longer cost-effective to operate.
Maybe even a money loser.

Remember back in the 50's...
"Electricity so cheap you won't need a meter to measure it..."
???

Safer, cheaper, and [with modern technology] clean:
COAL.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
In 2017, Entergy Corp. announced that it would shut down its Palisades plant in the spring of 2022 ‘due to a number of financial factors.’

That means, it was no longer cost-effective to operate.
Maybe even a money loser.

Remember back in the 50's...
"Electricity so cheap you won't need a meter to measure it..."
???

Safer, cheaper, and [with modern technology] clean:
COAL.
Apparently in Mexico there are people living the dream.

The company registered as many as 133,000 cases of electricity theft in Mexico in 2016, up from 13,000 in 2013.

Across the country, small clamps, colloquially known as “little devils,” are attached to power lines to illegally access electricity. The largest concentration is in the state of Tabasco, according to the company.