Author Topic: THE FINAL FRONTIER: Voyager 1 makes it past sun's influence after 44 years  (Read 466 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

You’re driving along and the “check engine” light flashes amber on your dashboard. Your engine is in no danger at the moment, but you have to get that examined before a real problem develops.

Imagine if your vehicle is nearly a half-century old. And is a spacecraft operating at the edge of the solar system.

Houston, we have a problem.

Or, more correctly, NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California has one.

It's because the space probe Voyager 1, launched in 1977, is sending data that’s not possible for it to originate, the UK’s Independent reports

“A mystery like this is sort of par for the course at this stage of the Voyager mission,” according to NASA project manager Suzanne Dodd.

Essentially, all is well on Voyager 1 -- commands are being performed when received (after a two-day interstellar space delay) -- and apparently, the radio antenna is still properly aimed at earth.

But the probe is sending weird messages about its control systems that could not possibly show what’s actually taking place on board.

It looks like Voyager is happy with it, not having set off any systems for fault protection. It’s just sending out telemetry that apparently has been randomly generated.

http://youtu.be/rl1gtC6kuPg
https://www.wnd.com/2022/05/voyager-1-makes-past-suns-influence-44-years-begins-beaming-back-impossible-data/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Swell, so now we've planted the seeds for Veeger to come back and destroy us all because we still don't have Captain James Tiberius Kirk to solve the mystery in time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ruh - Roh!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Swell, so now we've planted the seeds for Veeger to come back and destroy us all because we still don't have Captain James Tiberius Kirk to solve the mystery in time.
Well, that alien sure occupied a memorable spot in the movie
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington