Author Topic: Netflix Cancels Some of Its Woke Shows, Signaling Its Backpedal from Leftism Is Well Underway  (Read 771 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Netflix Cancels Some of Its Woke Shows, Signaling Its Backpedal from Leftism Is Well Underway
By Brandon Morse | May 20, 2022 11:30 AM ET

Netflix is doing something other companies are proving to have difficulty doing…learning.

If you get woke, there’s a 99 percent chance you’re going to go broke and Netflix saw the signs. Not that they were hard to read. The public overwhelmingly didn’t approve of “Cuties,” the movie that featured underage girls dancing in provocative ways. They were also forced to cancel the live-action adaptation of “Cowboy Bebop” after three weeks.

Most importantly, they saw how the left attempted to launch a full-scale war against Dave Chappelle after he had dared make fun of the holiest of the leftist holies, and the public overwhelmingly sided with the comedian while the leftist’s pet cause only got tepid support. It made it very clear which side the company needed to be on when it came to creativity.

The turn from woke culture was more than hinted at when the streaming company made it clear to its own employees that if it doesn’t like working on programs that rub their political sensibilities raw, then they know where the door is. They didn’t mince words, using phrases such as “Netflix may not be the best place to work for you” and “they might want to consider working somewhere else.”

It was also a hint that some things were going to come down the pipe that would definitely upset its more woke employees. The streaming company is taking a new direction, and it’s beginning by canceling a few of the hard-leftist shows that are coming down the pipe.

more
https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2022/05/20/netflix-cancels-some-of-its-woke-shows-signaling-its-backpedal-from-leftism-is-well-underway-n567384
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
They're sooo full of crap!    *****rollingeyes*****

Sort of enjoying "Wrong Side of the Tracks", but they STILL have to shoot certain scenes which leave the viewer suggesting sexual tension between grandfather and adopted grandchild.

It's sick and In. Your. Face.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have been tearing trough the sci-fi on Tubi. There is a lot of ho-hum Sci-fi out there, but the occasional movie worth watching.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

How much say do Mooch and B. Hussein have at Netflix, I wonder?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How much say do Mooch and B. Hussein have at Netflix, I wonder?

Big Mike and Little Barry are killing it at Netflix! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Too late for me.

Cut 'em off this week
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington