Author Topic: Senate Democrats propose DOJ license requirement for gun purchases  (Read 338 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Senate Democrats propose DOJ license requirement for gun purchases
by Olafimihan Oshin - 05/19/22 10:01 AM ET

A trio of senators plan to introduce legislation on Thursday that will require residents to acquire a Department of Justice (DOJ) license before purchasing or obtaining a legal firearm.

The bill would also raise the legal age for obtaining a firearm to 21 years old.

The bill was introduced by Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.).

It has virtually no chance of becoming law given GOP opposition, but gives a sense of the breadth of restrictions on gun access that some lawmakers would favor imposing in the wake of years of mass shootings in the nation.

more
https://thehill.com/news/senate/3494092-senate-democrats-propose-doj-license-requirement-for-gun-purchases/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

DOJ?  Not ATF? ... That pig won't fly.  That sounds too close to Government seizure of personal firearms.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Spartacus's stink is all over this proposal!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Not a one of these three senators are worth a good BM.  No joke.  They are a shining example of what is wrong with the Democommie Party. 

I always thought the average person in Connecticut was intelligent, yet how could they ever keep a phony like Blumenthal?  He is a true dirtbag.

And Booker, please, another lying phony.  A true embarrassment.

Lastly, Menendez, he should be serving time for his crimes he got away with!!!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
tRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE, third world communist way.  Hitler/Stalin, first confiscate their guns, then their freedoms, then their lives!

Its all do difficult to understand, Is there a rocket scientist in the house?
 :shrug: :smokin: :shrug:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

Can you say UNCONSTITUTIONAL?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Can you say UNCONSTITUTIONAL?
And more. This is a conspiracy to deprive the American People of an enumerated Civil Right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I posted much of what follows in a "Second Amendment" thread, but I'll repeat:

Connecticut already has a law to this same effect (on a statewide level) in place already.

One cannot buy a firearm (of any type, including long arms) in Connecticut unless one has obtained a card/license from the state to do so. To get one, one must attend training classes, pass state checks, etc.

This is a requirement "separate from" a "concealed carry license".
You must have this card before you can buy any firearm (even one that will not be carried, but just kept at home).

I believe one cannot buy ammunition (again of any kind) in CT without one.

I recall these laws were passed subsequent to the Sandy Hook School shootings.

Whether this has yet to be challenged in federal court, can't say.
Any "challenge" wouldn't have a chance in the CT state court system.

Online Smokin Joe

I posted much of what follows in a "Second Amendment" thread, but I'll repeat:

Connecticut already has a law to this same effect (on a statewide level) in place already.

One cannot buy a firearm (of any type, including long arms) in Connecticut unless one has obtained a card/license from the state to do so. To get one, one must attend training classes, pass state checks, etc.

This is a requirement "separate from" a "concealed carry license".
You must have this card before you can buy any firearm (even one that will not be carried, but just kept at home).

I believe one cannot buy ammunition (again of any kind) in CT without one.

I recall these laws were passed subsequent to the Sandy Hook School shootings.

Whether this has yet to be challenged in federal court, can't say.
Any "challenge" wouldn't have a chance in the CT state court system.
There are a couple of other states who require a permit to purchase, at least one for every firearm.

Which is why I won't live there.

I do not believe these have been challenged, and frankly, (IMHO) it would take some real lawyer gymnastics to say that is not an infringement on the RKBA.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
People fought so hard to give the government over to a one government rule with one party, democrats.  Whats all the bitchin about, you forced Trump out, and democrats by Biden rule as best they can like dictators.  If you can't stand getting your way, shut up and let much smarter people take over!  Epstein NWO globalist Island rule, and they want more of the same?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Smokin Joe

People fought so hard to give the government over to a one government rule with one party, democrats.  Whats all the bitchin about, you forced Trump out, and democrats by Biden rule as best they can like dictators.  If you can't stand getting your way, shut up and let much smarter people take over!  Epstein NWO globalist Island rule, and they want more of the same?
Typical Leftists. If something fails, it couldn't be because they were wrong, it can only be because they didn't do it hard enough. So they double down, again...and again...and again...

They are not just stupid, but tenaciously so, with all the zeal of any fanatic.

C S Lewis