Author Topic: Claim: Learning Your Climate Criminal Family Tree Helps with Motivation  (Read 255 times)

rebewranger

Claim: Learning Your Climate Criminal Family Tree Helps with Motivation
3 hours ago Eric Worrall 23 Comments
Essay By Eric Worrall

According to Research Associate Flossie Kingsbury, learning how your ancestors exploited the natives and burned lots of coal helps you embrace the idea of climate reparations.

How taking a closer look at your family tree can help you get to grips with climate change

Published: May 19, 2022 12.17am AEST
Flossie Kingsbury
Postdoctoral Research Associate in History, Aberystwyth University

Put simply, climate change is the result of two processes: industrialisation and colonialism. Industrialisation is when a society’s primary mode of production shifts from manual agricultural labour to machine-aided manufacturing. Colonialism is when one nation occupies and exerts control over another, usually involving violence and exploitation.

Let’s look at some examples from my own family. Samuel Polyblank (born around 1816), one of my great-great-great-grandfathers, was a shipwright from London’s East End. The ships he worked on helped to feed demand for international trade, taking goods to and from the colonies. They may even have been used by the East India Company, the world’s first global corporate superpower, and a key player in colonial rule and exploitation in Asia.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/05/20/claim-learning-your-climate-criminal-family-tree-helps-with-motivation/

rebewranger

WHAT TOTAL BULLSH*T!!!!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Once again, it ain't me babe! My ancestors were the exploited not the exploiters, go lay that crap on the moslems. I'm not a damn bit shy about getting in some A-holes face quite vocally when they try to lay that oppressed my people crap on me.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Climate reparations?  No.

As a heterosexual white Christian male of Western European descent, I know that I and my ancestors will be blamed for all sorts of nonsense.  We are the bad guys.  Why?  Because we are victims of our own success, and the losers' descendents are envious.

There is nothing stopping anyone afflicted with rich guilt from donating their own money and property for reparations to the aggrieved.  You're not taking my stuff; I earned it.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There it is, the dumbest idea today.  No more calls, we have a Winner!

According to Research Associate Flossie Kingsbury, learning how your ancestors exploited the natives and burned lots of coal helps you embrace the idea of climate reparations.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

What a load of hooey.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Then I thank God I am not related to John Kerry or Algore, the biggest criminals on the planet
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Geez, even the medieval Church didn't exploit guilt and indulgences so blatantly.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Horse manure. Dry it and burn it, it's apparently a limitless renewable resource.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis