Author Topic: Dem Rep. Omar Calls for Expanding SCOTUS — ‘The Number of Justices Is Not Given to Us in the Constit  (Read 809 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem Rep. Omar Calls for Expanding SCOTUS — ‘The Number of Justices Is Not Given to Us in the Constitution’

Trent Baker 20 May 2022

During a Friday interview with ABC News’ “GMA3,” Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) called for the expansion of the U.S. Supreme Court.

Omar argued that there was “a question to the legitimacy” of the Supreme Court, given the majority of justices on the court now were appointed by a president who didn’t win the popular vote. Her reasoning for expanding the court was that “the number of justices is not given to us in the Constitution.”

Host TJ Holmes pointed out to the Minnesota lawmaker that Republicans could respond to the Democrats’ expansion by expanding it themselves when they held majority.

“I mean, that’s a way to look at it. I don’t think of it that way,” Omar replied. “If we think about the Supreme Court, the number of justices is not given to us in the Constitution. … There’s not a specific number. The court has been expanded seven times in our nation’s history. And in this particular time, given the fact that we have overwhelming majority of the justices being appointed by presidents that did not reflect the will of the people, they didn’t win the popular vote, I think it’s really important for us to have justices that are a reflection of the American people and their opinions.”

“You sound like you’re calling them an illegitimate court,” Holmes stated.

“There is a question to the legitimacy of it, and it’s an important discussion for us to have,” Omar agreed.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/20/dem-rep-omar-calls-for-expanding-scotus-the-number-of-justices-is-not-given-to-us-in-the-constitution/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... which sets the precedent that allows the next GOP President to expand SCOTUS to pack it with a Conservative majority.

Who knows, a couple of Presidential elections from now, the Supreme Court could have 987 justices.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online berdie

So she read the Constitution and disregarded the electoral college and whines about the popular vote. Okey-Dokey. :thud:

Offline Kamaji

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She sounds like she found this out just this morning.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline cato potatoe

... which sets the precedent that allows the next GOP President to expand SCOTUS to pack it with a Conservative majority.

At which point Schumer will call it a power grab, an assault on democracy, etc.  These people are lizard brained.

Offline Kamaji

At which point Schumer will call it a power grab, an assault on democracy, etc.  These people are lizard brained.

Now you're just insulting honest, hardworking lizards!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Cake recipes also aren't in the US Constitution, yet, people keep making cakes.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:23:45 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

Poor Ilhan.

Ilhan Omar got booed onstage at a concert featuring Somali singer Soldaan Seraar in Minnesota last night.
People in the crowd chanted "Get out!" & shouted "Get the f*ck out of here!".

https://twitter.com/LeftismForU/status/1543546901424914432
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Poor Ilhan.

Ilhan Omar got booed onstage at a concert featuring Somali singer Soldaan Seraar in Minnesota last night.
People in the crowd chanted "Get out!" & shouted "Get the f*ck out of here!".

https://twitter.com/LeftismForU/status/1543546901424914432

Good