Author Topic: 'I am sick of being bullied into silence': Furious female skateboarder Taylor Silverman slams trans  (Read 251 times)

Offline Kamaji

'I am sick of being bullied into silence': Furious female skateboarder Taylor Silverman slams trans rival who won $5,000 prize money and forced her into second at Red Bull Cornerstone

By ANDREA BLANCO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and AP
20 May 2022

A furious female skateboarder has slammed Red Bull for sponsoring a contest where she placed second to her trans rival.

Taylor Silverman claims she and other female competitors were disadvantaged by officials at the Red Bull Cornerstone Contest, where she placed second and received a $2,750 award.

Trans skateboarder Lillian Gallagher was awarded $5,000 for placing first and winning two separate divisions - money that Silverman says should have been given to her.

Silverman, who has been skateboarding for 11 years, said when she tried to reach out to officials to 'do the right thing even if it's not the popular thing,' she was ignored.

'I deserved to place first, be acknowledged for my win and get paid. I reached out to Red Bull and was ignored. I am sick of being bullied into silence,' Silverman wrote in an Instagram post, in which she tagged right-wing firebrands Ben Shapiro and Candace Owens.

The post has sparked an array of reactions, many of them supportive.

Other users have asked Silverman to have more empathy towards transgender women or get better at skateboarding.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10835843/Furious-Female-skateboarder-Taylor-Silverman-slams-trans-rival-won-5-000-prize-money.html

Offline Kamaji

She's going to have to stick to her guns, and be prepared for a lot of hate - including death threats - to be thrown at her from the "inclusive" left.

Offline Hoodat

Other users have asked Silverman to have more empathy towards transgender women or get better at skateboarding.

I do not understand how people can be accepting of this.  For decades now, these same people have been screaming "TITLE IX".  Yet now they are advocating for the elimination of women's sports altogether.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

I do not understand how people can be accepting of this.  For decades now, these same people have been screaming "TITLE IX".  Yet now they are advocating for the elimination of women's sports altogether.

Because they're not thinking it through, and they've bought the groomers' lies about a "trans" being the same as a genetic original.

Online DefiantMassRINO

... just liberalism gaining sufficient critical mass to implode, like a star that implodes to become a stellar black hole.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright