Author Topic: Should George W. Bush go down in history as one of our worst presidents?  (Read 315 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 20, 2022
Should George W. Bush go down in history as one of our worst presidents?
By Francis P. Sempa

Woodrow Wilson should go down in history as one of the worst presidents of the United States.  And George W. Bush should be right next to him.

These are not judgments of these historical figures as men — Bush, by all accounts, was the better man than the segregationist, racist, arrogant, uncompromising Wilson.  But history judges leaders not by their attitudes and intentions, but rather by the consequences of their actions and decisions.

Wilson was initially reluctant to get the United States involved in World War I, but once committed to the war, Wilson framed the conflict as a fight between good and evil, when in reality there were good and evil on both sides.  More consequentially, Wilson portrayed the war as a Utopian crusade to "make the world safe for democracy," while at home Wilson acted as an autocrat and despot, prosecuting political opponents and suppressing civil liberties.  At the peace conference, Wilson's arrogant approach antagonized even our allies, while his inability to brook opposition at home doomed the League of Nations to irrelevance.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/05/should_george_w_bush_go_down_in_history_as_one_of_our_worst_presidents.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

There have been worse, but he turned out to be pretty damned mediocre.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Worst Republican POTUS in my lifetime.  I'll grant that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

We seem to have had more lousy presidents than good ones.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The worst Republican President is still head and shoulders above the best Democrat President.  Welcome to the 21st Century....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

He loved his Momma.

Offline Kamaji

The worst Republican President is still head and shoulders above the best Democrat President.  Welcome to the 21st Century....

True enough.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
True, and I'm thankful we didn't have President Gore, but GW seems to have spent every waking moment since he left office digging the hole to bury any good things he may have accomplished so deep they will forever be overshadowed by his pandering to illegals and the democrat party.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... worst GOP President of my lifetime.  He expanded government, got us into 2 nation building campaigns, and he socialized private sector loss.  Plus, he almost choked on a pretzel.

Biden has taken the honor and prestige of being the worst Democratic President on my lifetime away from Jimmy Carter.  Jimmy Carter would have killed to have the energy project opportunities that Biden is cancelling.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes!

His mama too,since she was really the one running the show.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The worst Republican President is still head and shoulders above the best Democrat President. 

For sure, but G. W. Bush remains the biggest political disappointment of my life.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For sure, but G. W. Bush remains the biggest political disappointment of my life.

Totally agree....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: