Author Topic: Sussmann Judge Rejects Prosecutors’ Protests After Juror Reveals Tie To Defendant  (Read 480 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sussmann Judge Rejects Prosecutors’ Protests After Juror Reveals Tie To Defendant
By  Tim Pearce

May 19, 2022   DailyWire.com

U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper denied a request by special counsel John Durham’s team of prosecutors to remove a juror who’s daughter competes on the same high school sports team as the defendant’s.

A woman identified as juror #5 told Cooper on Thursday that she recently discovered that her daughter competes with cybersecurity attorney Michael Sussmann’s daughter on their high school crew team. The juror said she was unaware of the connection when she was filling out her jury questionnaire last week and that the two girls, separated by a three-year age gap, are not close, according to The Washington Times.

The juror said that she had never met Sussmann or his wife, and thought she could be an impartial juror despite the connection. The judge agreed, voicing disappointment that the issue couldn’t have been brought to light earlier, but saying that the juror’s willingness to come forward after finding out herself spoke to seriousness with which she approached her duty as a juror.

Cooper overruled protests from the prosecution. Durham’s team moved to have the juror dismissed, arguing they would not have agreed to seat her had they known of the connection. Sussmann’s defense team argued she should stay.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/sussmann-judge-rejects-prosecutors-protests-after-juror-reveals-tie-to-defendant
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

WADR, that seems a rather tenuous basis on which to dismiss a juror.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If Durham gets anyone convicted of anything in the fetid swamp that is Washington DC, I'll be astounded.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
WADR, that seems a rather tenuous basis on which to dismiss a juror.

Yes, I agree it was a pretty weak argument.  I'm more concerned about all the Hillary and AOC campaign donors.  The jury is rigged, and the Judge appears to be too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: