Author Topic: Mass shooting in Chicago leaves 2 dead, 8 hurt near Loyola University  (Read 498 times)

Offline Kamaji

Mass shooting in Chicago leaves 2 dead, 8 hurt near Loyola University

By Nika Shakhnazarova
May 20, 2022

At least two people are dead and eight others injured after a mass shooting Thursday night near Loyola University in Chicago, police said.

The gunman who opened fire around 10:40 p.m. was taken into custody and a weapon was recovered from the scene, police said.

The shooting happened in the 800 block of North State Street in the city’s 18th District, police said.

Shots rang out near the Chicago Avenue subway station and a McDonald’s at 10 E. Chicago Ave., police said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/20/chicago-mass-shooting-near-loyola-university-leaves-2-dead-8-injured/

Offline mountaineer

Mayor Lightfoot will get right on it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Will Bidet be visiting Chicago now as well?

Offline mountaineer

He visits Chicago only for Dem fundraisers, apparently, not to decry black-on-black gun violence or console the families of the victims.
Commentary: Biden’s trip to Chicago highlights the deeper problems in Democratic leadership
2022/5/20 03:10 (CDT)
Don Tracy

In Joe Biden’s America, life is not easy. For those of us who call Illinois our home, it’s not hard to see how Democrat policies have negatively affected our lives — even more so than our families who live in neighboring states.

I’m a longtime Illinois resident, and it is difficult to watch Biden come to Chicago to co-host a $365,000-a-plate Democratic National Committee dinner with Gov. J.B. Pritzker and listen to him mislead my neighbors on issues from Ukraine to inflation to gas prices and supply chain shortages and not come away disillusioned and bitter. ...

Furthermore, rising crime shows no sign of slowing down. On Monday mornings, families across Chicago pick up the newspaper and turn on the television to see that as many as 30 people were shot over the weekend. Parents used to worry about the safety of their children doing homework in their rooms and playing on the streets thanks to gun violence; now a surge in carjackings has called into question the safety people feel in their cars. A recent study from the University of Chicago suggests the rise in carjacking-related crimes is the result of “economic motivations.” The total veracity of those claims remains to be seen, but it is hard not to look at the current political climate — one that encourages economic downturn and soft-on-crime policies — and not think Biden, Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s actions are to blame. ...
Chicago Tribune (op-ed by head of Ill. GOP).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 05:56:41 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The Dickens you say, you mean the shooter was a White Supremacist?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 04:16:00 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This will go nowhere because in Chitcago it's a "dog bites man" story.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This will go nowhere because in Chitcago it's a "dog bites man" story.

Yep..no one cares about Chicago...it's a Dem city so hands off!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online berdie

Getting an early start for the weekend?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The mass shootings are getting a lot of press, just in time for more gun control measures to hit the hopper.
If I didn't know better, I might think this stuff was coordinated. :whistle: 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DefiantMassRINO

What's the body count in Chicago, a Democrat city in a Democrat state, so far this year?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What's the body count in Chicago, a Democrat city in a Democrat state, so far this year?

186, a month ago....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How is this even possible? Aren't everybody but cops and politicians bodyguards barred from possessing guns in Chicago?

Personally,I don't think they are taking the gun control seriously enough in Chicago. They should demand the cops leave their guns locked up at the police station when they are not on duty,like their idols used to do in Soviet Russia.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 08:54:40 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!