Author Topic: Minneapolis to Pay Army Vet Who Was Beaten to a Pulp After Returning Fire At Officers In Unmarked Ve  (Read 250 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Atlanta Black Star by Nicole Duncan-Smith May 19, 2022

Minneapolis to Pay Army Vet Who Was Beaten to a Pulp After Returning Fire At Officers In Unmarked Vehicles $1.5M; Terms Include No Admission of Guilt

The city of Minneapolis has settled a case for over $1 million with an Army veteran who filed a lawsuit against the municipality and its employees after his civil rights were violated.

He sued the city after he was acquitted of shooting at law enforcement on the grounds of self-defense, and says the lawsuit was never about “a check,” but “justice and accountability.”

On Tuesday, May 17, Jaleel Stallings was offered and accepted a $1.5 million-plus costs and attorney fees settlement from the city of Minneapolis.

The lawsuit, obtained by Atlanta Black Star, accused officers in the Minneapolis Police Department of lying about the May 30, 2020 incident, including their instructions to police to “deliberately concealed their appearance so that they could hunt civilians by sneaking up and shooting them with 40mm rounds.”

An investigation confirmed that officers falsified reports about the evening, including the fact a cop shot him first without identifying himself as law enforcement or presenting just cause, a swarm of cops beat him for up to 30 seconds and other badges failed to intervene when they saw their colleague using excessive force.

Initial reports claimed Stallings violated a mandated curfew and shot at the officer during the chaotic protests days after George Floyd’s death.

More: https://atlantablackstar.com/2022/05/19/minneapolis-to-pay-army-vet-who-was-beaten-to-a-pulp-after-returning-fire-at-officers-in-unmarked-vehicles-1-5m-terms-include-no-admission-of-guilt/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Boy is he lucky. Getting hit with a "40mm round" isn't something you survive every day.

(Dumbassed journalists.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Man, they were running that police department as if they were in 1970s New York or Boston.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY 1426

40MM SINGLE SHOT LAUNCHER

The 40LMTS is a tactical 40mm single shot launcher that features a folding stock and an adjustable Integrated Front Grip (IFG) with a light rail. The Ambidextrous Lateral Sling Mount (LSM) and QD mounting systems allow both a single and two point sling attachment.

The 40LMTS will fire standard 40mm Less Lethal ammunition, up to 4.8 inches in cartridge length. This weapon is NOT designed to fire 40mm High Velocity HE ammunition. The Picatinny Rail Mounting System will accept a wide array of enhanced optics/sighting systems.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY 1426

40MM SINGLE SHOT LAUNCHER

The 40LMTS is a tactical 40mm single shot launcher that features a folding stock and an adjustable Integrated Front Grip (IFG) with a light rail. The Ambidextrous Lateral Sling Mount (LSM) and QD mounting systems allow both a single and two point sling attachment.

The 40LMTS will fire standard 40mm Less Lethal ammunition, up to 4.8 inches in cartridge length. This weapon is NOT designed to fire 40mm High Velocity HE ammunition. The Picatinny Rail Mounting System will accept a wide array of enhanced optics/sighting systems.
Thank you for that info. All I could think of were 40mm HE rounds and an M203...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis