Author Topic: Why Tucker Carlson and the Isolationist Right Are Wrong  (Read 173 times)

Offline corbe

Why Tucker Carlson and the Isolationist Right Are Wrong
« on: May 19, 2022, 05:26:27 pm »
Why Tucker Carlson and the Isolationist Right Are Wrong

A Russian defeat in Ukraine makes America safer.

Thu May 19, 2022

David Horowitz and Daniel Greenfield

In April 1941 Germany had conquered all of Europe except England, while its Axis partner Japan had conquered most of Southeast Asia. At this historical moment, the Gallup Company took a poll of Americans on this question: Should America – until then a non-combatant – get involved in the war. 81% of Americans said no. But all that changed with the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7 in that same year. If the United States had not entered World War II, we would have faced a world united under Nazi rule ready to attack us.

It's important to remember this history because ever since George Washington’s farewell warning to “avoid foreign entanglements,” isolationism has been deeply embedded in the American soul. This is a tribute to America’s prosperity, bounteous freedoms, and endless diversions. America is a happy country and the last thing its people want to do is go to war.

So it’s not surprising that there is a movement among conservatives that takes the position that America’s effort to support the resistance to Russian savagery and imperialism in Ukraine is a dangerous distraction and a threat to American security. The leading voice of this movement is not some fringe right-winger but rather Tucker Carlson, arguably the most articulate and courageous defender of the American values, institutions and freedoms which are under attack by the Biden administration, which has belatedly come to the aid of Ukraine - most recently with a $40 billion package of military and humanitarian support.

Tucker and the conservative patriots who have joined him are wrong – wrong in their analyses, wrong in their priorities, and wrong in their opposition to a war that the West, led by the United States, must win.

Tucker has argued that Ukraine is a remote European country, and the United States has no security interest there that is worth the cost or the risks involved in defending it. But in today’s world there are no remote countries. According to the U.S. Air Force, Russia’s new hypersonic missile can travel 1,000 miles in 12 minutes, which means it can deliver a nuclear payload to American cities from Russia in little over an hour, and from a conquered Ukraine in even less time.

<..snip..>

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2022/05/why-tucker-carlson-and-isolationist-right-are-david-horowitz-and-daniel-greenfield/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Why Tucker Carlson and the Isolationist Right Are Wrong
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 05:29:48 pm »

Still don't believe I got a dog in this hunt.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 07:10:00 pm »
The age old argument that we, the USA, must stop an aggressor nation like Russia, is getting tired.  Despite Putin's decisions paralleling what Adolph Hitler did in the 40s, that is still no reason to jump into the fray.

Putin would never attack a NATO country.  NEVER!!!  And Ukraine is not a NATO nation.

What is going on is simply our military industrial complex is flexing their muscles to force our elected derelicts to spend spend spend.  Just that simple.

Plus there is the factor of kicking the Russians in the teeth is a delight for many in the USA.  Truth has a way of resolving problems.  Some 20,000 Russian men are now dead.  Russia is claiming less than one thousand of their men are dead.  When truth catches up with Putin, he may well wish he had a tumor.

But our actions are having the opposite effect on the Russian people.  It is causing them to unify behind Putin.  The USA is being portrayed as the aggressor in Ukraine by the Russian government/media.

It boils down to being a huge sh*t sandwich, and we have a dead from the neck up boob making decisions for this nation.  What is to be worried about?  If we have a nuclear exchange with Russia, it will end life as we know it for all but the cockroaches.  Somehow, they will survive.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 07:31:48 pm »
"This captures the absurdity and deceit of our current discourse so completely and fully that it's hard to believe it actually happened.   It's so rare for perfection this pure to materialize. The universe is speaking loudly here. Appreciate what it just provided:"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1527133193459187712

https://rumble.com/embed/v12my3n/?pub=4

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 07:39:56 pm »
Europe is $h!t$how of failed empires that want to rise again.  Frankly, I'm glad my anscestors had the good sense to leave that $h!th0le.

As much as I'd like to see America out of the World Police business, we need to support Ukraine to contain Russia's agression before it becomes another continental war.

European nations have too many competing interests to build and maintain a coherent coalition without the US.

At least the Ukrainians are willing to fight and die, unlike the Afghans, to protect their homeland.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 08:09:20 pm »
Europe is $h!t$how of failed empires that want to rise again.  Frankly, I'm glad my ancestors had the good sense to leave that $h!th0le.

As much as I'd like to see America out of the World Police business, we need to support Ukraine to contain Russia's aggression before it becomes another continental war.

European nations have too many competing interests to build and maintain a coherent coalition without the US.

At least the Ukrainians are willing to fight and die, unlike the Afghans, to protect their homeland.
I respect both of the authors (Horowitz and Greenfield) immensely, even if I do not agree with all of their conclusions.

I do think America benefits from supporting Ukraine and from assisting them against Russian aggression. 

But we must do so with open eyes and clearly defined boundaries. Ukraine is home to a famously corrupt government, even if its people are being brutalized.

It is one thing to provide military, logistical and humanitarian assistance to them. But we must not mistake the exercise of Realpolitik for true geopolitical alliance, and the lasting consequences that would flow from such engagement.

Putin is a damnable thug. I hope he suffers the same fate as so many of his own political victims. But we have our own problems, largely the creation of our own political elites.   

Let's help Ukraine, but let's take care of our own urgent needs first. 

Secure the border. Rebuild our military as a warrior culture, led by fighters, and not social engineers. Prioritize a national missile defense system. Free our economy from bureaucratic control, especially our energy producers so that we can again be independent and not have to grovel at the whims of tyrants and fools beyond our borders.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 09:15:57 pm »
I respect both of the authors (Horowitz and Greenfield) immensely, even if I do not agree with all of their conclusions.

I do think America benefits from supporting Ukraine and from assisting them against Russian aggression. 

But we must do so with open eyes and clearly defined boundaries. Ukraine is home to a famously corrupt government, even if its people are being brutalized.

It is one thing to provide military, logistical and humanitarian assistance to them. But we must not mistake the exercise of Realpolitik for true geopolitical alliance, and the lasting consequences that would flow from such engagement.

Putin is a damnable thug. I hope he suffers the same fate as so many of his own political victims. But we have our own problems, largely the creation of our own political elites.   

Let's help Ukraine, but let's take care of our own urgent needs first. 

Secure the border. Rebuild our military as a warrior culture, led by fighters, and not social engineers. Prioritize a national missile defense system. Free our economy from bureaucratic control, especially our energy producers so that we can again be independent and not have to grovel at the whims of tyrants and fools beyond our borders.   
With Russia it's always wash rinse repeat, get rid of thug Putin and they will just replace him with another thug in the same mold. I have no problem with supporting Ukraine, just not with a open checkbook. They need arms? Fine the money for the arms is spent here in America and the arms sent over, they need relief supplies fine we buy them and send them.........no cash! And when this insanity is all over we talk about providing aid to rebuild, but I want an Inspector General keeping track of where our taxpayer cash is going to try and insure it doesn't go into crooked politicians pockets.

While I'm not some full blown isolationist I am tired of America being the friggin policeman for the world. We send our soldiers to die and be maimed in religious wars that will never end until one side is decimated or the classic, stopping the spread of communism(spoiler alert, we failed, communism is here), we send our cash(what they really want), and what do we get in return? Condemnations, insults and hatred. Is there any real question as to why more and more Americans are developing a F'kem attitude?

/