Author Topic: Dolly Parton honors Dan Rather for fighting ‘disinformation’  (Read 620 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Dolly Parton honors Dan Rather for fighting ‘disinformation’
by Judy Kurtz - 05/17/22 1:18 PM ET

Dolly Parton is recognizing Dan Rather with one of broadcasting’s highest honors, commending him for battling “disinformation” and “division” that permeate the country.

“Dan Rather is a legend in American broadcasting,” the “9 to 5” singer said in a video tribute on Tuesday as she presented the veteran journalist with the Peabody Career Achievement Award.

“To this day, Dan has stayed dedicated to fighting the disinformation, the chaos and division that has defined recent years in America,” Parton said of the former “CBS Evening News” anchor, whose career has spanned more than 60 years.

“His voice and his reflections remain vibrant for millions of us, standing out from the crowd and noise of social media,” Parton said.

“His life’s work has been to ask questions that matter and to tell the stories that matter,” Parton said as part of the 82nd annual awards program.

Thirty additional winners of this year’s Peabody Awards are poised to be announced as part of a multiday virtual event beginning June 6.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/3491407-dolly-parton-honors-dan-rather-for-fighting-disinformation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Dolly Parton honors Dan Rather for fighting ‘disinformation’
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 06:17:22 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 06:22:16 pm »
:silly:

Whoa!  Who misinformed Ms. Parton?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2022, 06:25:10 pm »
To echo the late Paul Harvey:

Ms. Parton, I love you, but you're wrong.

As is the committee who would have had to be absolutely insane to think that Dan Rather deserved a Peabody.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 06:26:20 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2022, 06:27:10 pm »
To echo the late Paul Harvey:

Ms. Parton, I love you, but you're wrong.

As is the committee who would have had to be absolutely insane to think that Dan Rather deserved a Peabody.

:thumbsup:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 06:28:47 pm »
If only Boobs were brains....
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 06:29:47 pm »
I think we all remember.
The Truth About Dan Rather’s Deceptive Reporting on George W. Bush
William Campenni 
October 30, 2015
Daily Signal
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 06:36:24 pm »
I think we all remember. Daily Signal

Too bad Ms. Parton is either unaware of, or has forgotten about, that.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 07:53:46 pm »

Apparently Dolly doesn't know the frequency either.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 08:14:05 pm »
Bless her heart.

Offline verga

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 01:35:11 pm »
Bless her heart.
Well played sir, well played.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2022, 02:24:27 pm »
Dolly, it might be wiser for you to just shut up and sing, considering your fan base.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2022, 02:25:03 pm »
Dolly, it might be wiser for you to just shut up and sing, considering your fan base.

:thumbsup:

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2022, 02:31:22 pm »
Parton has pissed on her humble background and fans. She sold out to Hollywood almost 50 years ago, and never looked back. Seeing her being buddy buddy with Hanoi Jane should have been a huge clue.

She may have great business savvy, but in overall intelligence?  Not so much.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 02:32:19 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2022, 02:41:08 am »

@Kamaji

She did. She is a VERY smart woman who has always been careful to be politically neutral and to keep her thoughts to herself to further that career.

Given that she is good friends with Jane Fonda and several lesbians like Lily Tomlin and has a husband she is never seen with,it's not much of a stretch of the imagination to imagine her being a lesbian in her private life.

I guess he figures she is rich enough and old enough now to be a little more public about her private life.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2022, 02:44:55 am »
Parton has pissed on her humble background and fans. She sold out to Hollywood almost 50 years ago, and never looked back. Seeing her being buddy buddy with Hanoi Jane should have been a huge clue.

She may have great business savvy, but in overall intelligence?  Not so much.

@catfish1957

I disagree. She is a VERY smart woman. Not only smart enough to create her own financial empire,but to keep her mouth shut and maintain a low profile for decades.

Times have changed now,and many things are acceptable that were totally unacceptable as recently as 10 years ago,so she is finally coming out of the closet a little.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2022, 09:32:23 am »

Too bad Ms. Parton is either unaware of, or has forgotten about, that.

I suspect she is unaware of the George Bush NG story
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2022, 11:41:05 am »
@catfish1957

I disagree. She is a VERY smart woman. Not only smart enough to create her own financial empire,but to keep her mouth shut and maintain a low profile for decades.

Times have changed now,and many things are acceptable that were totally unacceptable as recently as 10 years ago,so she is finally coming out of the closet a little.

So you are basically calling her a hypocrite.  (Which I agree.)  Play the rubes for their hard owned cash, until my white guilt overwhelms me.

Sure wish she would poll her brethren in Pigeon Forge, and see how they feel about it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2022, 11:58:42 am »
So you are basically calling her a hypocrite.  (Which I agree.)  Play the rubes for their hard owned cash, until my white guilt overwhelms me.

@catfish1957

Isn't that what pretty much everyone does to keep their jobs and the paychecks rolling in? Yeah,there are SOME people lucky enough to be good friends with their bosses and who feel free to "be themselves" around the boss,but they are a lucky few.

BTW,I haven't seen or heard of anything hypocritical about her. In fact,AFAIK,she has always steered clear of politics and made no claim as to being exclusively heterosexual or homosexual. Or even sexual at all. She keeps her private life private and details of her long-time marriage are basic and rare. I suspect he is her beard,but who knows? She might go both ways.

Frankly,I don't give a damn as long as she isn't out there promoting homosexuality. This will all probably come out after she dies,but I seriously doubt she is going to "out" herself while living. Even after she retires from performing,she still has the money machine known as "Dollywood" going,and we  have all seen what happened to Disney World once Walt died and his "progressive" family took over. Disney World basically had a license to print money when Walt was alive,and I suspect it won't be long now before Disney goes into bankruptcy.

And,really,who can blame her? After all,it's not like she is out there marching in Homo Pride Parades. She is "out",but in a subtle way instead of militant and in people's faces about it.

Sure wish she would poll her brethren in Pigeon Forge, and see how they feel about it.

Most probably wouldn't give a damn. I am GUESSING the percentage of the population living there now whose families have been living there for generations are in the minority. I SUSPECT,like most areas in the south now,the yankee retirees and those who moved south for economic reasons and to get away from all the violent crime in the north damn near outnumber the multi-generational locals.

BTW,I suspect she is and pretty much has always been bi. I strongly suspect she was humping Porter Wagoner,and that's how she got her first tv show gig.

Not that she had much choice back then. If you wanted to be a star,you had to service the boss,and the two things Dolly has for a fact in addition to her massive talent is intelligence and ambition. Ok,two out of the "4 things Dolly has."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 12:10:05 pm by sneakypete »