Author Topic: John Legend Panics over Roe Reversal: ‘We’re Teetering on the Brink of Not Being a Full Democracy’  (Read 502 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Legend Panics over Roe Reversal: ‘We’re Teetering on the Brink of Not Being a Full Democracy’

David Ng 16 May 2022

Left-wing pop star John Legend has hit the panic button over the Supreme Court’s likely overturning of Roe v. Wade, wildly proclaiming that “we’re teetering on the brink of not being a democracy.”

In a recent interview with The Guardian, John Legend laid out his doomsday scenario.

“I can’t watch this shit happen and not say something,” John Legend told the British newspaper. “We’re teetering on the brink of not being a full democracy. We’re about to implement The Handmaid’s Tale into law.”

Legend’s assertion that the Supreme Court’s forthcoming decision will imperil democracy is not only unfounded, but it is the exact opposite of what would happen. If the high court overturns Roe, the question of abortion will revert back to the states, who have the power to allow their own residents to vote on the abortion debate — in other words, the essence of democracy.

The pop star recently announced that he and his wife, Chrissy Teigen, will be donating money to abortion charities in order to “fight fo our fellow citizens and democracy.”

https://twitter.com/johnlegend/status/1522327385357520896

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/05/16/john-legend-panics-over-roe-reversal-were-teetering-on-the-brink-of-not-being-a-full-democracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well Amen to that not being a full democrataucracy, since we happen to be a Republic.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
never heard of him before this post
some Black Homosexual Hollywood creep, I guess?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline The_Reader_David

How demented a notion of democracy does one need to have to regard returning an issue to the political process, where democratically elected legislatures control its resolution, rather than having the matter decided by un-elected judges, as a threat to democracy?

This is clearly more confirmation of my view that when Democrats say "democracy", they do not mean rule by the δῆμος, they mean rule by Democrats.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Communism needs democracy like the human body needs oxygen."
–Leon Trotsky
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

Funny... I thought the democratic process to create laws required votes by the people's representatives for it to function...

Instead these idiots think it is people in robes that should set the law of the land with no vote, no law...

They have it exactly backwards...

Offline Kamaji