Author Topic: NASA picture of Mars 'doorway' sparking bizarre conspiracy theories  (Read 556 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
JOE by Danny Jones 5/15/2022

The images are pretty wild, to be fair

In newly released images from NASA, scientists appear to have found what conspiracy theorists are now dubbing the 'Mars doorway' on the surface on the red planet.

Captured by NASA's Curiosity rover last week, images clearly show a door-shaped rectangular shape carved into the side of a rockface and, unsurprisingly, space fanatics are calling on alien life as the most likely explanation.

Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS - Images of the 'Mars doorway' captured by the Mast Camera of the Curiosity rover on May 7, 2022

However, despite alien fanatics getting carried away, scientists have been quick to throw cold water over their theories, with Imperial College Professor Sanjeev Gupta telling The Telegraph that the picture itself shows evidence of how the entry-shaped 'doorway' formed through "normal geological processes".

More: https://www.joe.co.uk/life/nasa-picture-of-mars-doorway-sparking-bizarre-conspiracy-theories-335958

Online rustynail

formed through "normal geological processes".......show them.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I think they should take the rover over there for a closer look.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Remember the uproar on this? Was a big nothing.   Let's get some more closeups and camera angles before jumping to conclusions.  Will have to admit though getting a straight looking door like that with almost an overhead canopy is pretty odd  as far as natural geological formations.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DB

Wait until they tell us it is 3 inches high...

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Kamaji

Is it linked to a stargate, perhaps?