Author Topic: Biden set to redeploy troops to Somalia, reversing Trump withdrawal  (Read 495 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden set to redeploy troops to Somalia, reversing Trump withdrawal
by Jordan Williams - 05/16/22 10:55 AM ET

President Biden will redeploy troops to Somalia to counter al Qaeda affiliate al-Shabaab, reversing former President Trump’s decision to withdraw forces from the country near the end of his administration.

“President Biden has approved a request from the Secretary of Defense to reestablish a persistent U.S. military presence in Somalia to enable a more effective fight against al-Shabaab, which has increased in strength and poses a heightened threat,” a senior administration official told The Hill in a statement.

“This is a repositioning of forces already in theater who have travelled in and out of Somalia on an episodic basis since the previous administration made the decision to withdraw in January 2021,” the official continued.

The official didn’t say how many troops would be sent to Somalia. The New York Times, which first reported the move, cited officials saying the number would be no more than 450 troops.

The Times also reported that Biden had signed off on the proposal from the Pentagon earlier this month.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3489821-biden-set-to-redeploy-troops-to-somalia-reversing-trump-withdrawal/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Merde! At least send in some armor this time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
F'm let them kill themselves, why do we have to sacrifice more American soldiers?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

World Police are BACK baby!

11:17 AM · May 16, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We gotta redid this because Trump undid this!
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... just in time for the 30th anniversary re-enactment of Black-Hawk Down.

So, Biden gets us out of Afghanistan only to send us back to Somalia?  WTF

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Incoming Somalian "refugees" ........

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Since America is getting back into the World Police business, Biden's gonna need some patriotic propaganda media campaign ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX5ZRE26YWM
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline rustynail

Incoming Somalian "refugees" ........

Had enough of those round headed criminals.

Offline GtHawk

Okay I have reconsidered this redeployment biz, and I agree, let's redeploy Ilhan Omar's ass and all the Somali's like back to Somalia. No soldiers, no taxpayer funded equipment or cash.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Who was it who said ol' white joe had been wrong on every foreign policy decision over the last 40 years...?

Offline GtHawk

Who was it who said ol' white joe had been wrong on every foreign policy decision over the last 40 years...?
EVERYBODY?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Merde! At least send in some armor this time.

Remember Afghanistan this admin does not care about our military..this is all you need to know

pointing-down

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Rekindles U.S. War in Somalia in a Vote of Confidence to Returning President

Gabrielle Reyes 17 May 2022

The administration of U.S. President Joe Biden confirmed on Monday plans to deploy roughly 500 U.S. troops to Somalia in the near future.

The move reverses a decision by the administration of former U.S. President Donald Trump in December 2020 to withdraw all U.S. military personnel from the East African nation in what observers believe may serve as a vote of confidence for Somalia’s newly elected President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, who previously ruled the country during the second administration of former U.S. President Barack Obama.

“On Monday [May 16], Biden authorized the deployment of fewer than 500 troops to the East African nation to ‘reestablish a small, persistent U.S military presence in Somalia’ in order to better target al-Shabab and its leaders,” a senior Biden administration official told Voice of America (VOA) anonymously.

The former commander of Somalia’s U.S.-trained Danab Brigade, Col. Ahmed Abdullahi Sheikh, told VOA on May 16 Biden’s decision to redeploy U.S. troops to Somalia was “timely,” as the country elected Hassan Sheikh Mohamud as its latest president on May 15.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/africa/2022/05/17/biden-rekindles-u-s-war-in-somalia-in-a-vote-of-confidence-to-returning-president/
Support the USO