Author Topic: GOP sounds alarm in Pennsylvania as hard-line candidates rise  (Read 384 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 GOP sounds alarm in Pennsylvania as hard-line candidates rise
by Tal Axelrod - 05/14/22 5:00 PM ET

Republicans are increasingly worried that their chances of winning Pennsylvania’s gubernatorial and Senate races are slipping through their fingers as hard-line candidates surge at the eleventh hour.

Operatives in the state are sounding the alarm that state Sen. Doug Mastriano, the front-runner gubernatorial candidate whose bid is centered around unfounded allegations of voter fraud in 2020, is making the top office in Harrisburg out of reach. And a late boost in the Senate race for conservative commentator Kathy Barnette has sparked worries over the open seat being vacated by Sen. Pat Toomey (R), which is crucial to Republicans’ path to Senate control.

Republicans are particularly concerned that this November’s expected red wave may not lift such firebrand candidates to victory, possibly squandering opportunities to win races that are crucial at the state and federal levels at a time when the GOP plans on going on offense.

“It would be like the voyage of the Titanic, but no survivors,” said one GOP strategist with extensive experience working in Pennsylvania.

The anxieties are reaching a fever pitch in the final days before the Tuesday primary, largely over character concerns, not policy positions.

more
https://thehill.com/news/campaign/3488061-gop-sounds-alarm-in-pennsylvania-as-hardline-candidates-rise/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: GOP sounds alarm in Pennsylvania as hard-line candidates rise
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 02:33:00 pm »
Allegations of voter fraud in Pennsylvania are hardly unfounded. Election fraud in my home state is SOP, and always has been.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 02:42:23 pm »
Mastriano looks like a lock.  I have been getting panic-stricken emails, Facebook posts and Tweets urging me to back the party favorite Barletta.  The Commonwealth Club is even urging all of the remaining candidates to get out and back Barletta.

Barnette looks like she will fall short.

One thing is certain.  When the GOPe speaks, people listen.  They vote the other way.  Of course, it could be that The Hill knows this and so they are stoking the fire for Mastriano and Barnette. 

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 02:44:45 pm »
Allegations of voter fraud in Pennsylvania are hardly unfounded. Election fraud in my home state is SOP, and always has been.

My home state also and spent most of my life in WPA. Always knew Allegheny county was crooked along with Phila area but not as bad as exposed in 2020. Allegheny County being more corrupt than Philly was a eye opener event.. Of course nothing will be done and the choices the PA residences are all corrupt. Does not matter who is elected they LOSE no matter who WINS. No opposition Party in PA and that is the answer NATIONALLY but maybe the 400+ state full time representatives can figure it out. wink777

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 02:47:13 pm »
GOP wants candidates that the Washington Establishment can own and control.

That last thing Mitch wants is a Republican firebrand lobbing rhetorical and philosophical Moltov cocktails at him from the Senate floor.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 03:23:27 pm »
GOP wants candidates that the Washington Establishment can own and control.

That last thing Mitch wants is a Republican firebrand lobbing rhetorical and philosophical Moltov cocktails at him from the Senate floor.

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 06:12:15 pm »
Kathy Barnette
@Kathy4Truth

The United States is the greatest nation in the world.

I grew up on a pig farm in a house without insulation, but today I just cast a vote for myself to represent Pennsylvania in the US Senate.

My story is only possible in the USA. To God be the glory!

10:12 AM · May 17, 2022  Twitter for iPhone