Author Topic: Wisconsin middle schoolers accused of sexual harassment for using wrong gender pronouns  (Read 927 times)

Offline Hoodat

Wisconsin middle schoolers accused of sexual harassment for using wrong gender pronouns

Lawyer argues use of incorrect gender pronouns does not violate Title IX

Michael Lee  |  May 15, 2022  |  10:26am EDT

Three Wisconsin boys are facing sexual harassment charges from their middle school over accusations that they used incorrect gender pronouns on a fellow student.

"I received a phone call from the principal over at the elementary school, forewarning me; letting me know that I was going to be receiving an email with sexual harassment allegations against my son," Rosemary Rabidoux, a parent of one of the accused, told Fox 11 News last week.

"I immediately went into shock. I’m thinking, sexual harassment? That’s rape, that’s inappropriate touching, that’s incest" Rabidoux continued. "What has my son done?"

But none of the concerns Rabidoux had were at issue. Instead, her 13-year-old son, Braden, was accused of using incorrect pronouns to address another student at Kiel Middle School.  .  .

https://www.foxnews.com/us/middle-schoolers-sexual-harassment-gender-pronouns
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
How can it be sexual harassment if their gender doesn't match their sex?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

The incident in question reportedly took place in March, when a student announced a preference of "they" and "them" to identify them.

But Rabidoux said her son was merely sticking up for one of his friends.

"She had been screaming at one of Braden’s friends to use proper pronouns, calling him profanity, and this friend is very soft-spoken, and kind of just sunk down into his chair," Rabidoux said. "Braden finally came up, defending him, saying ‘He doesn’t have to use proper pronouns, it’s his constitutional right to not use, you can’t make him say things.’"

The mother told ABC 2 News that the new pronoun preference also caused confusion for her son, with her instructing him to just address the student by their name instead.

"It’s plural. It doesn’t make sense to him. I said so, I told him to call them by their names." Rabidoux said.

This isn't a case of the boy using the wrong pronoun since he was clearly instructed not to use any pronoun at all.  This is a case of a boy being denied his right to remain silent.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

How can it be sexual harassment if their gender doesn't match their sex?

'Pronouns' by definition are not personal.  Yet these degenerate snowflakes are demanding that they be made personal on a case-by-case basis where the definition applied to one person does not match the definition applied to another.

I refuse to play along.  If you reject the use of pronouns by their English definition, then I will simply call you by your name.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You don't have to call me darlin', darlin'
You never even call me by my name.
=David Allan Coe
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just call them idiots. It isn't a sexist term.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji