Author Topic: The U.S. needs an immediate strategic shift at the southern border  (Read 192 times)

rebewranger

:chairbang:Opinion by Theresa Cardinal Brown, opinion contributor - Yesterday 1:00 PM

With its decision to end Title 42 — the Trump-era policy that lets U.S officials at the southern border quickly expel migrants — on May 23, the Biden administration is preparing for a surge in border crossings.

“We anticipate migration levels will increase,” Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas wrote in an April 26 memo, “as smugglers will seek to take advantage of and profit from vulnerable migrants.”

Whether Title 42 actually will end on May 23 is unclear. More than 20 states asked a federal district court to keep Title 42 in place, and Judge Robert Summerhays announced that he will temporarily block the administration from implementing its plan. Meanwhile, Senate Republicans are demanding a floor vote on Title 42, and some Democrats in tough reelection races are worried that the administration’s actions will hurt them in November.

What the United States needs, however, is less a response to Title 42 (whether it stays or goes) than a comprehensive strategy to address the structural changes in migration patterns at the southern border over the last decade.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-u-s-needs-an-immediate-strategic-shift-at-the-southern-border/ar-AAXgyqF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=8f367c4145444d5396cae45b85c84bef

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: The U.S. needs an immediate strategic shift at the southern border
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 04:32:26 pm »
I vote for a shift to thirty foot sheer concrete walls with manned guard towers roving patrols and electronic monitoring and ZERO entrance by foreign nationals........OH, did I forget the land mines, they don't have to be lethal maybe just a very bright fluorescent paint that can not be removed and takes weeks to fade so if someone did manage to get in....