Author Topic: Taco Bell® Slays The Breakfast Game With Drag Brunch Tour Across The U.S.  (Read 780 times)

Offline DB

Apr 25, 2022

Introducing Taco Bell Drag Brunch: Multi-city events at select Taco Bell Cantinas across the country celebrating drag culture and the LGBTQIA+ community

Irvine, Calif. (April 25, 2022) – Taco Bell is rolling out the purple carpet for a new immersive fan experience: Drag Brunch. Starting in May, fans across the United States will be able to participate in “Taco Bell Drag Brunch,” a one-of-a-kind experience coming to Taco Bell Cantinas in select cities.

https://www.tacobell.com/news/taco-bell-drag-brunch-tour

Offline DB

Not the Taco Bell I remember...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, ding dong. If we had a Taco Bell, I'd boycott it.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Knew there was a reason I liked Taco Johns better...

Offline Smokin Joe

Knew there was a reason I liked Taco Johns better...
Now, we do have one of those...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@DB

Well,I guess if you are bored or depressed,and need a few good laughs,the parking lot of Taco Bell might be an amusing place to park for a while and watch the animals pass in review.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Haven't been able to handle Taco Hell for a lot of years so I can't say this will stop me from going to somewhere I don't go anyway. I wonder what brilliant exec looked at this concept and thought hell yes this will increase our share of families with children?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 04:19:26 pm by GtHawk »

Online roamer_1

Now, we do have one of those...

Yeah, baby! Six pack and a pound... Just right... I can eat all six tacos and one carton of Potato Ole's at one time... Leaving the other carton of Potato Oles wanting... Which is perfect btw... Bust them puppies up into a Denver omelette tomorrow morning. BEST breakfast imaginable, except for cold pizza.  happy77 :beer:

Online roamer_1

Haven't been able to handle Taco Hell for a lot of years so I can't say this will stop me from going to somewhere I don't go anyway. I wonder what brilliant exec looked at this concept and thought hell yes this will increase our share of families with children?

Yeah... JCPennys all over again. How a catalog company could so drop the ball, pissing off their bread, butter, meat, and potatoes - Blue Collar Moms - is entirely beyond me... But then, they all line up to do just that.  :shrug:

Offline goatprairie

I can't believe it. What can be going through the heads of the TB execs? Yes, average, sane Americans who regularly frequent our restaurants will be thrilled to take their children to a drag queen event.
Whenever I think the wokerati can't come up with anything stupider than their past stupid woke event, they prove me wrong.
Goodbye Taco Bell. I got their tacos and whatever once a month. No more.  9999hair out0000

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah, baby! Six pack and a pound... Just right... I can eat all six tacos and one carton of Potato Ole's at one time... Leaving the other carton of Potato Oles wanting... Which is perfect btw... Bust them puppies up into a Denver omelette tomorrow morning. BEST breakfast imaginable, except for cold pizza.  happy77 :beer:
888high58888 :beer:

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah... JCPennys all over again. How a catalog company could so drop the ball, pissing off their bread, butter, meat, and potatoes - Blue Collar Moms - is entirely beyond me... But then, they all line up to do just that.  :shrug:
I think that's what happens when you gain entrance to the corporate world through HR for being woke and think the whole world believes in that crap.

There has been a lot of that lately, K-Mart, Penney's, Coke, .... all people who should have at least taken a few minutes and figured out how this stuff just might alienate a lot more market than it brings in.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

Will add this to the ever growing list of companies I will no longer support.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Man....  this is worse than mystery meat.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not the Taco Bell I remember...

The last time I remember Taco Bell, was back in the late '70's while in college sustaing on weekends with their 4 for a $ Tacos.  They sucked then, but at least I didn't go hungry.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

The last time I remember Taco Bell, was back in the late '70's while in college sustaing on weekends with their 4 for a $ Tacos.  They sucked then, but at least I didn't go hungry.
I haven't darkened the door of a Taco Bell since a delivery guy I know saw someone at Taco Bell sitting in a chair grating cheese using his shoed foot.  Of course this was 30 years ago...but still.....

Offline verga

A couple of yeas ago the Taco bell in town opened at 7:00 am. My first block class would all kick in a couple of bucks and one ofht ekids stopped in on his way to school. We did Taco Tuesday almost every week that semester. Never again.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online roamer_1

I think that's what happens when you gain entrance to the corporate world through HR for being woke and think the whole world believes in that crap.

There has been a lot of that lately, K-Mart, Penney's, Coke, .... all people who should have at least taken a few minutes and figured out how this stuff just might alienate a lot more market than it brings in.

Yeah. I get it... Rarefied air influenced by trendy crap... Still you would think their bean counters and sales departments would set them straight - It is one weird-ass phenomena working its way through corporate America... And I readily admit: I don't get it.  :shrug: **nononono*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah. I get it... Rarefied air influenced by trendy crap... Still you would think their bean counters and sales departments would set them straight - It is one weird-ass phenomena working its way through corporate America... And I readily admit: I don't get it.  :shrug: **nononono*

@roamer_1

What the bean counters think or say is irrelevant to owners already so wealthy it would be impossible for them to spend all their money. They would have to just throw it away.

What IS important to them is social standing,and being accepted by the "important people". And who is more important than our political leaders? THEY are the ones that make the laws and make sure they are,or are not,enforced.

They are,for all practical purpose,rulers in 21st Century America.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

What the bean counters think or say is irrelevant to owners already so wealthy it would be impossible for them to spend all their money. They would have to just throw it away.

What IS important to them is social standing,and being accepted by the "important people". And who is more important than our political leaders? THEY are the ones that make the laws and make sure they are,or are not,enforced.

They are,for all practical purpose,rulers in 21st Century America.

@sneakypete
Owners and stockholders are incidental. Even CEOs ought to be. COOs have the hammer, as a general rule - And they listen to beancounters and sales. If they ain't making money, it will be the COOs head on the block first.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
Owners and stockholders are incidental. Even CEOs ought to be. COOs have the hammer, as a general rule - And they listen to beancounters and sales. If they ain't making money, it will be the COOs head on the block first.

@roamer_1

Not always the case. I know for a fact that heirs of the Kellogg cereal company still own and manage it. I saw one of them on the old Donahue  tv talk show once,and I have never ran into such a clueless person in real life. She had no freaking idea how much anything cost or how much the typical workers get paid,and I have never even met such a clueless fool in real life. She might as well have been Marx.

btw,CEO's and COO's are nothing more that employees that own stock. They can be removed. It is the families that actually own the company/corporation that I am talking about.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 04:21:09 pm by sneakypete »

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Not always the case. I know for a fact that heirs of the Kellogg cereal company still own and manage it. I saw one of them on the old Donahue  tv talk show once,and I have never ran into such a clueless person in real life. She had no freaking idea how much anything cost or how much the typical workers get paid,and I have never even met such a clueless fool in real life. She might as well have been Marx.

@sneakypete

... Because she has a COO jamming the deal. What makes it go... What makes it worth a butt-load of money is in the direct hands. A CEO worth his salt will want an adversarial COO... Because for him (CEO) to make his bones, the ship has to fly right and make money FIRST.

THEN all the pseudo-politics can be applied and be effective... Without killing the goose that lays the golden eggs. Anything else is stupid - in a word, counterproductive. And every company needs to be productive.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

... Because she has a COO jamming the deal. What makes it go... What makes it worth a butt-load of money is in the direct hands. A CEO worth his salt will want an adversarial COO... Because for him (CEO) to make his bones, the ship has to fly right and make money FIRST.

THEN all the pseudo-politics can be applied and be effective... Without killing the goose that lays the golden eggs. Anything else is stupid - in a word, counterproductive. And every company needs to be productive.

@roamer_1

You SERIOUSLY think she gives a Biden? Nobody in her family has worked for over 50 years. The Kellogg family STILL owns the company. That woman has no freaking idea who much anything costs and at one time she even said said something very close to "The typical new car of today costs over 10 thousand dollars....",and that was back when you could buy a new Impala for 3 grand.

I repeat,these people have so much money they don't understand what anything costs,and don't care. They have more than they can spend,and they need very little because they own no money and have millions coming in each year.

They are not the "merely rich". They can afford to hire the merely rich to cut their lawns.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

You SERIOUSLY think she gives a Biden? Nobody in her family has worked for over 50 years. The Kellogg family STILL owns the company. That woman has no freaking idea who much anything costs and at one time she even said said something very close to "The typical new car of today costs over 10 thousand dollars....",and that was back when you could buy a new Impala for 3 grand.

I repeat,these people have so much money they don't understand what anything costs,and don't care. They have more than they can spend,and they need very little because they own no money and have millions coming in each year.

They are not the "merely rich". They can afford to hire the merely rich to cut their lawns.

@sneakypete

Sure. That's what Disney thinks too. Watch what happens.

Offline heelboy22

Haven't eaten Taco Bell in I don't know how long.  I think whoever owns them owns KFC and Pizza Hut, too.