Author Topic: Biden’s Plan to Enable Everyone in the World to Apply for Asylum in the U.S.  (Read 132 times)

rebewranger

Biden’s Plan to Enable Everyone in the World to Apply for Asylum in the U.S.
Understanding how the border catastrophe happened, and how much worse it will become

By Andrew R. Arthur on May 11, 2022

I recently explained that the Biden administration — in a break with every previous one — no longer has a policy of deterring illegal entrants. That, coupled with the president’s policy of ignoring statutory mandates directing the detention of illegal migrants, has triggered the biggest border catastrophe in U.S. history. The scope of that catastrophe is overwhelming, but it will become much worse once the administration follows through on its plan to enable everyone in the world to apply for asylum in the United States.

The Deterrence Shift. My analysis of the Biden administration’s shift of U.S. border policy away from a deterrence strategy omitted one key piece of evidence: Statements made by DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Fox News Sunday on May 1.

Host Bret Baier asked Mayorkas whether it is “the objective of the Biden administration to reduce, sharply reduce the total number of illegal immigrants coming across the southern border? Is that the objective?”

Mayorkas responded: “It is the objective of the Biden administration to make sure that we have safe, orderly, and legal pathways for individuals to be able to access our legal system.” I will return to that latter point in a moment, but there is no clearer evidence that deterring illegal migrants is off the table as border policy in this administration.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Bidens-Plan-Enable-Everyone-World-Apply-Asylum-US

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm ready for an asylum.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright