Author Topic: US official vows ‘swift and forceful response’ if North Korea tests nukes  (Read 391 times)

Online Kamaji

US official vows ‘swift and forceful response’ if North Korea tests nukes

By Associated Press   
June 7, 2022

U.S. Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman on Tuesday warned of a forceful response if North Korea carries out its first nuclear test explosion in nearly five years as she traveled to Seoul to meet with South Korean and Japanese allies and discuss the escalating standoff.

U.S. and South Korean officials have said North Korea is all but ready to conduct another detonation at its nuclear testing ground in the northeastern town of Punggye-ri, which last hosted a test in September 2017, when it claimed to have detonated a thermonuclear bomb designed for its intercontinental ballistic missiles.

While the Biden administration has vowed to push for additional international sanctions if North Korea goes on with the nuclear test, the prospects for meaningful new punitive measures are unclear with the United Nations Security Council divided over Russia’s war on Ukraine.

“Any nuclear test would be in complete violation of U.N. Security Council resolutions. There would be a swift and forceful response to such a test,” Sherman said, following a meeting with South Korea Vice Foreign Minister Cho Hyun-dong.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/06/07/us-official-vows-forceful-response-if-north-korea-tests-nukes/

Online Kamaji

Like what?  A really, really strongly worded letter of reprimand?

Online andy58-in-nh

Perhaps we'll threaten to send Tony Fauci over there, along with Hans Blix...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well it's a democrat administration so I'm guessing they will send Lurch over to lecture them about how bad the testing is for globull warming/climate change and give them a great big sack of money. Is it just me or has Lurch been hiding? I hardly get to use this any more.

Online mountaineer

Little Rocket Man laughs greatly at tough talk from demented president's spokesperson.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Little Rocket Man laughs greatly at tough talk from demented president's spokesperson.

Sad, yet so true. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Well it's a democrat administration so I'm guessing they will send Lurch over to lecture them about how bad the testing is for globull warming/climate change and give them a great big sack of money. Is it just me or has Lurch been hiding? I hardly get to use this any more.

Or how about a dancing fool?
http://youtu.be/gd36dtZ0eqs?t=89
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
How could anyone look at Kerry, that horse faced pony soldier of Biden, and take him seriously?  Yuck Yuck.

Can you imagine just how low Biden has taken the standing of the USA within the world community?  Beyond belief, I am certain.  The American people really are dumb as a box of rocks.

Online libertybele

Unfortunately with Joe at the helm, I think Little Rocket Man may get the last laugh.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.