Author Topic: Inflation cools slightly to 8.3 percent  (Read 340 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation cools slightly to 8.3 percent
« on: May 11, 2022, 12:55:39 pm »
Inflation cools slightly to 8.3 percent
by Sylvan Lane - 05/11/22 8:41 AM ET

Inflation cooled off slightly in April as the pace of both yearly and monthly price growth dropped, according to data released Wednesday by the Labor Department.

The consumer price index (CPI), the Labor Department’s closely watched gauge of inflation,
rose 8.3 percent over the past 12 months and 0.3 percent in April alone.

The CPI rose 8.5 percent annually in March and a whopping 1.2 percent in the month alone.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/3484275-inflation-cools-slightly-to-8-3-percent/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Inflation cools slightly to 8.3 percent
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 01:08:52 pm »
Worse Than Expected: Consumer Prices Up 8.3% in April
John Carney
11 May 2022

Inflation retreated in April but remained higher than forecast.

The Department of Labor said Wednesday that the Consumer Price Index rose 8.3 percent compared with a year ago. Prices were up 0.3 percent compared with the prior month.

This is the eleventh straight month of inflation above 5 percent. Prices rose at an annual rate of 8.5 percent in March. This was the month since September 2021 that the year-over-year inflation figure was not higher than the month earlier.

Economists had forecast CPI to rise by 0.2 percent for the month and 8.1 percent compared with a year ago.

Core CPI, which excludes food and energy, rose 0.6 percent, well above the 0.4 percent estimate. Compared with a year ago, core prices were up 6.2 percent, above the 6.0 percent expected.

After inflation average hourly earnings for all employees fell 0.1 percent from March to April, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics said. Real average hourly earnings decreased 2.6 percent, seasonally adjusted, from April 2021 to April 2022. ... Breitbart
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 01:11:52 pm »
:facepalm2:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 01:17:52 pm »
Fox's report

Published 42 mins ago
Inflation soars 8.3% in April, hovering near 40-year high
Economists expected inflation to show that prices surged 8.1% in April

By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

Inflation cooled for the first time in months in April, even as supply chain constraints, the Russian war in Ukraine and strong consumer demand continued to keep consumers prices running near a 40-year-high.

The Labor Department said Wednesday that the consumer price index, a broad measure of the price for everyday goods including gasoline, groceries and rents, rose 8.3% in April from a year ago, below the 8.5% year-over-year surge recorded in March. Prices jumped 0.3% in the one-month period from March.

Those figures were both higher than the 8.1% headline figure and 0.2% monthly gain forecast by Refinitiv economists.

So-called core prices, which exclude more volatile measurements of food and energy, climbed 6.2% in April from the previous year, which was also more than Refinitiv expected. Core prices also picked up 0.6% on a monthly basis – double the 0.3% increase in March, suggesting that underlying inflationary pressures remain strong.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/april-2022-consumer-price-index-inflation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 01:20:32 pm »
99% of the common sense buying public out there sees and knows that inflation is accelerating.

This administration is incapable of the truth.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 01:21:12 pm »
Our Joe has got this, he can taste it.  Gas only went up thirty cents here Tuesday.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 01:24:19 pm »
Our Joe has got this, he can taste it.  Gas only went up thirty cents here Tuesday.
Gas went up 19 cents last week, then another 20 cents a day or two ago. Joe may be able to taste our frustration, but all I can taste is our savings and investments being wiped out while we try to fill the gas tanks or buy groceries.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2022, 01:27:16 pm »
I bet that Keystone XL Pipeline is looking pretty good right about now.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2022, 01:48:25 pm »
From the "man with a plan" that has never produced anything in the private sector in his entire life.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2022, 01:48:52 pm »
I bet that Keystone XL Pipeline is looking pretty good right about now.

From Joe's debacle day 1....What I often call domino No. 1.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2022, 07:17:22 pm »
Me thinks that the left is trying to cover Biden and the democrats butts and all I see is them atop .

When things are this bad no one, not even the POS's pushing it believe anything they are saying. Anyone that is actually buying groceries, goods, services and fuel knows this is all bullsh!t. zin the three days between gas purchases regular went up thirty cents to $5.45 and that's at Arco not one of the 'majors'.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 07:20:41 pm by GtHawk »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2022, 07:22:41 pm »
Rising a scant 0.2 percent less than we thought it was going to rise is hardly "cooling."

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2022, 07:57:25 pm »
Considering we are in the middle of an economic contraction, any sort of inflation is a disaster.