Author Topic: WHO criticizes China’s tough-COVID policy as Shanghai shutters subway  (Read 552 times)

Online Kamaji

WHO criticizes China’s tough-COVID policy as Shanghai shutters subway

By Jack Hobbs
May 10, 2022

Shanghai continued its hardline anti-COVID-19 policies Tuesday by shutting down the city’s subway system — as the World Health Organization said the country’s “Zero COVID” policy is unsustainable.

Chinese officials also started sending teams of people in white protective suits into the homes of residents placed in quarantine — leading to unrest around the megalopolis as citizens chafe at the intrusion on their privacy.

The decision to double down on the anti-virus crackdown came even as Shanghai’s COVID-19 numbers fell to 3,000 cases with only 74 new ones.

On Tuesday, the WHO issued rare criticism of China’s tough COVID program.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/who-criticizes-chinas-covid-policy-as-shanghai-shuts-subway/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why do I think that while the WHO is making this criticism of their master they are taking notes down for when they get the chance to do it to the entire world.

Online Kamaji

Why do I think that while the WHO is making this criticism of their master they are taking notes down for when they get the chance to do it to the entire world.

Yup.  They see China as the proving ground for the next round of controls they'll seek to impose on the rest of us.