Author Topic: Texas Used COVID Relief Aid Funds to Pay for Border Initiative  (Read 165 times)

rebewranger

Texas Used COVID Relief Aid Funds to Pay for Border Initiative
Greg Abbott
GOP Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (AP)
By Charlie McCarthy    |   Tuesday, 10 May 2022 12:15 PM

Gov. Greg Abbott, R-Texas, and state lawmakers rerouted roughly $1 billion in federal coronavirus aid to help pay for a program focused on arresting migrants at the southern border, The Texas Tribune reported.

Texas officials in recent months have moved state money toward its immigration crackdown and Abbott's Operation Lone Star initiative, the Tribune reported.

The money moves appeared to be legal under the stimulus law known as the Cares Act, though critics say the funds should have been used to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/texas-governor-abbott-covid-relief-funds/2022/05/10/id/1069256/

rebewranger

Re: Texas Used COVID Relief Aid Funds to Pay for Border Initiative
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 05:10:00 pm »
What's wrong with it, except it's Texas?  They are simply trying to keep COVID infested illegals from anywhere in the world from infecting the American citizens. :shrug:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 05:31:11 pm »
What's wrong with it, except it's Texas?  They are simply trying to keep COVID infested illegals from anywhere in the world from infecting the American citizens. :shrug:
No no no, the only approved use for Covid relief funds is for pushing CRT in public schools.

rebewranger

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 05:35:33 pm »
No no no, the only approved use for Covid relief funds is for pushing CRT in public schools.

My bad!  I am so out of it! :laugh: