Author Topic: West Virginia voters share how Trump and Manchin endorsements influence their votes in Tuesday's pri  (Read 379 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 10, 2022 9:00am EDT
West Virginia voters share how Trump and Manchin endorsements influence their votes in Tuesday's primary
West Virginians detail how Manchin, Trump endorsements factor into voting decisions in Tuesday's primary
By Megan Myers | Fox News

Charles Town, W.Va. – West Virginians shared what role Sen. Joe Manchin and former President Trump's endorsements would play in their voting decisions in Tuesday's primary election.

"I don’t trust either one of them," one Charles Town resident, Bette, told Fox News.

Redistricting in West Virginia led to a primary race in the state's 2nd District between two incumbents, Republican Reps. David McKinley and Alex Mooney. Trump endorsed Mooney last year, while Manchin, a Democrat, recently crossed the aisle to back McKinley.

"For me, Sen. Manchin’s endorsement is far more important," Danny, of Shepherdstown, told Fox News. "I think President Trump knows West Virginia from a headline and a soundbite, but I think Sen. Manchin has been in West Virginia his whole life."

Jeff, a Republican and Martinsburg resident, similarly said Manchin’s endorsement was more important for him. He said he planned to vote for McKinley on Tuesday. 

But Bette told Fox News that Manchin "hasn’t listened" to what the people want.

"He’s blocked things where he could have worked together to work things out," Bette said. "That’s really made me sad about him."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/west-virginia-voters-how-trump-manchin-endorsements-influence-votes-primary
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Mooney has won.  **nononono* 
He's still facing possible ethics charges. I have no idea who the Dem is who will be facing Mooney in Nov. - some guy named Wendell. Two lousy choices, in my opinion.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

This is one of the main reasons I did not vote for Trump's endorsee Alex Mooney:
Metro News
US House Ethics Committee furthers Mooney review following report into Aruba vacation, personal errands and evidence tampering
By Alex Thomas
May 23, 2022 - 10:30 pm

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Ethics announced Monday an extension of its review into Rep. Alex Mooney, R-W.Va., following additional allegations against the congressman.

The announcement came with the release of a House Office of Congressional Ethics report detailing multiple incidents, including a company’s purchase of a family vacation to Aruba, the utilization of a Washington, D.C. residence, tasks assigned to staff, the use of campaign funds, and possible document tampering.

The Board of the Office of Congressional Ethics in December voted 6-0 for the House committee to further its review, citing evidence showing Mooney likely violated House rules and federal law.

The report is from the second inquiry involving Mooney; the House Ethics Committee previously received findings regarding a failure to disclose more than $40,000 in campaign spending since 2017. ...
See also, from Roll Call, "Rep. Alex Mooney ‘likely violated House rules and federal law,’ ethics office concludes."

Offline mountaineer

This was the Trump-endorsed congressional candidate in WV. I guess the question is whether he'll get indicted before the election.  *****rollingeyes*****
Experts weigh in on latest Mooney ethics report
Jun 4, 2022
STEVEN ALLEN ADAMS

CHARLESTON — The leader of a watchdog group and a former member of Congress who sees similarities between himself and Rep. Alex Mooney, R-W.Va., both believe that the 2nd District Congressman should take a review of allegations made by the Office of Congressional Ethics seriously.

The OCE turned over the second of two investigative reports on Mooney to the House Ethics Committee at the end of 2021. The committee released the second OCE report May 23.

OCE investigators accuse Mooney of taking a week-long family vacation to Aruba on the dime of a campaign contractor and donor’s company and using that same company’s house near Capitol Hill for official functions and campaign work.

Mooney is accused of using congressional and campaign staff for a litany of personal errands, including babysitting and transporting his three children, helping with school projects, maintenance of personal vehicles, helping Mooney’s wife with business issues and more. Staff would allegedly have to complete these tasks while doing their official duties and were often uncompensated for their time or expenses while carrying out these errands.  ...
Rest of story