Author Topic: Debunking Sunny Hostin’s claim that black Republicans are an ‘oxymoron’  (Read 88 times)

Offline Kamaji

Debunking Sunny Hostin’s claim that black Republicans are an ‘oxymoron’

By Adam Coleman
May 9, 2022

The combination of the Constitution’s 15th and 19th amendments gave black men and women the right to vote in any election for whomever they decide, yet there are some who misinterpret our ability to vote as being determinative of what party we should vote for. While it is true that the majority of black Americans vote Democrat, those amendments gave us the right to vote with our individual interests in mind and not be gatekept in the political process.

Sunny Hostin, co-host of the daytime show “The View,” had a moment of honest ignorance Friday as she stated, “I don’t understand black Republicans,” and said a black Republican is “an oxymoron.”

People were rightly shocked at her statement, but I wasn’t. Because I’ve heard this type of rhetoric my entire life, to the point of somewhat believing it myself at one point. This mentality is mainstream because Americans, of all races, have been trained to believe black people are supposed to consistently behave in a monolithic manner and be in alignment with their social and political interests.

Certain black people enjoy gatekeeping other black people, and when you step out of line, they will gladly enforce a level of racial ostracization — or in the words of President Joe Biden, they’ll remind you, “You ain’t black.” The reason our president can flippantly state what black is or what black does, as a white person, is that our powerful black gatekeepers are in full agreement with his sentiment.

From how we talk to whom we cast our ballot for, we are supposed to perform in a way that is “suitably black.” Anyone who deviates from what our gatekeepers consider tolerable will be accused of wanting to disassociate from their people by traitorously aligning themselves with the opposition: white people.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/09/debunking-sunny-hostins-claim-that-black-republicans-are-an-oxymoron/

Online mountaineer

Tim Scott
@votetimscott
Over the course of my time in politics, the far left has called me a "prop," a "token," the N-word, "Uncle Tim," and worse all because I am a Black Republican.
This type of divisive behavior is not what America is all about — and it will not stop me from speaking the truth.
2:26 PM · May 9, 2022·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org