Author Topic: Republican lawmaker announces resignation from Congress following sexual misconduct claims  (Read 161 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Republican lawmaker announces resignation from Congress following sexual misconduct claims
by Mychael Schnell - 05/10/22 2:37 PM ET

Rep. Tom Reed (R-N.Y.) announced on Tuesday that he is resigning from Congress, more than one year after a former lobbyist accused the congressman of sexual misconduct.

“After almost 12 years in Congress, today is my last day,” Reed said in remarks on the House floor. “It has been an honor to serve with you all from both parties. I love this institution, as it still exemplifies what is best about our government. We are the people’s House.”

Nicolette Davis, a former lobbyist, told The Washington Post in a story published last March that Reed had sexually harassed her four years earlier. The New York Republican apologized to Davis in a lengthy statement that month but said he had just learned about the alleged incident in the newspaper article.

more
https://thehill.com/news/house/3483328-republican-lawmaker-announces-resignation-from-congress-following-sexual-misconduct-claims/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Was he a regular attendee of the GOP cocaine-fueled orgies?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Makes me wonder how many lady lobbyists "lobby" their "clients" like that Chinese CCP gal "lobbied" Swallwell...?

(and I don't care if you think that's "sexist"...)