Author Topic: 'We don't really' control Congress, Biden says  (Read 178 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'We don't really' control Congress, Biden says
« on: May 10, 2022, 05:59:26 pm »
by Naomi Lim, White House Reporter |
 | May 10, 2022 01:16 PM

President Joe Biden sought to distance himself and Democratic policies from stubbornly high consumer prices, saying while his party is in power, it does not control Congress.

“I think our policies help, not hurt," Biden told reporters Tuesday at the White House. "Economists think that this is going to be a real tough problem to solve, but it's not because of spending. We brought down the deficit."

Alluding to Democrats' slim Senate majority, he provided a muddled message on his party not monopolizing Capitol Hill power, preventing his preferred measures from passing.

"You're justifiably right: We control all three branches of the government. Well, we don't really. We have a 50-50 Senate. You need 60 votes to get things done," he said. Democrats only control the Senate due to Vice President Kamala Harris's tiebreaking vote.

When needled on how long the public should expect to experience elevated prices, Biden was adamant he was "not going to predict that." Earlier in his inflation-focused remarks, he tried to convey he understood the public's concerns.

"I know you guys are frustrated. I know. I can taste it," he said.

Biden was later asked to clarify his position on abortion restrictions after a draft opinion leaked last week indicated the Supreme Court is preparing to overturn Roe v. Wade, but he declined to respond to shouted questions from reporters on the issue.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/we-dont-really-control-congress-biden-says
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: 'We don't really' control Congress, Biden says
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 06:01:31 pm »
What an effing idiot.  No, junior, it is precisely because of the spending.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 07:02:08 pm »
So, Mitch McConnell is Senate Majority Leader and Kevin McCarthy is House Speaker?  Huh.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 07:52:34 pm »
"Here's our golden ticket for the midterms and 2024."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ByronDonalds/status/1524071196869996544

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 09:21:39 pm »
Knowing that their loss of majority is almost certain, Joe acts like a petulant child(lots of experience even before dementia) who has had his toy taken away by saying 'I didn't want it anyway.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 11:47:48 pm »
Good God, have the NeverTrumpers forgotted? Biden isn't to blame if he utterly destroyed the government of America and Country of America.  It will be the whites, patriots, and Christians who are to blame.  Democrats  are less to blame than Trump, or Republicans
Hasn't one taught them how to be mindless, brainless, stooges yet?  Democrats have brought-less stooges to this point, and no democrats are to blame. They are to tell you who the blame is!  As democrats have taught brainless idiots who to spread blame to, village idiots, why would you even bothering to even try and blame Democrats for any thing?

Biden tells us, even the democrat party has dementia, you can't blame any democrat for anything, so just blame Trump, Republicans.  Democrats have been trying to educate dimwits of this by YEARS NOW.  When are you clueless going to finally give into the training ?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 12:13:11 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 12:14:42 am »

OK.
But I sense that there are a few members of Congress who are on the backroom politburo that is "controlling" him...