Author Topic: Supreme Court's majority vote to overturn Roe remains intact: Report  (Read 769 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 8, 2022 1:04pm EDT
Supreme Court's majority vote to overturn Roe remains intact: Report
Roberts is still attempting to persuade Coney Barrett and Kavanaugh to take a more incremental approach
By Michael Lee | Fox News

The five-vote majority needed in the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey remains intact months after Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito's leaked draft majority opinion was written, according to a report.

The leaked draft majority opinion penned by Alito is dated February 10 and has almost certainly changed multiple times in the almost three months since it was written, but three conservative sources close to the Court say that the votes supporting the decision remain unchanged, according to reporting from the Washington Post.

The justices set to join Alito's opinion include Clarence Thomas, Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh, and Amy Coney Barrett.

Chief Justice John Roberts, who has at times sided with the liberal wing of the court, still appears set to oppose the decision, with the report noting that Roberts was still attempting to persuade Coney Barrett and Kavanaugh to take a more incremental approach to allowing abortion restrictions.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/majority-vote-overturn-roe-remains-intact
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Then... release the decision.
Get it over and done.
And move on from there.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Then... release the decision.
Get it over and done.
And move on from there.

Release the Kraken!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This is all Roberts' election 2020 chickens coming home to roost.

The outcome will determine if we continue as a nation of laws or mobs.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Justice Samuel Alito Moved to Undisclosed Location
Breitbart, May 8, 2022

WASHINGTON, DC – Justice Samuel Alito has reportedly been moved to an undisclosed location for safety, after leftwing radicals attempting to intimidate conservative justices for considering overruling Roe v. Wade, all in the name of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, listed conservative justices’ home addresses online.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/07/justice-samuel-alito-moved-undisclosed-location/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is all Roberts' election 2020 chickens coming home to roost.

The outcome will determine if we continue as a nation of laws or mobs.

That ship sailed on December 11, 2021,  Texas vs Pennsylvania.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

That ship sailed on December 11, 2021,  Texas vs Pennsylvania.

I still say that Chief Justice Roberts is going to flip!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I still say that Chief Justice Roberts is going to flip!

Please explain @DCPatriot flip to what exactly?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

Please explain @DCPatriot flip to what exactly?

I think he's going to vote on the side of the Liberals and vote to uphold Roe V Wade, based upon current culture and precedence.

He said as much a decade ago in some interview I read...when they were attempting to corner him.

Paraphrased, he said that the aforementioned would have to be considered in any equation.

It's going to come down to marketing.  How to get America to accept that it's not the end of "Abortion on Demand".    :shrug:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I think he's going to vote on the side of the Liberals and vote to uphold Roe V Wade, based upon current culture and precedence.

He said as much a decade ago in some interview I read...when they were attempting to corner him.

Paraphrased, he said that the aforementioned would have to be considered in any equation.

It's going to come down to marketing.  How to get America to accept that it's not the end of "Abortion on Demand".    :shrug:

OK! Thanks!

I'm pretty sure he is not one of the five who voted to overturn @DCPatriot so he doesn't need to flip. He's already voted withthe libs on this.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Re: Supreme Court's majority vote to overturn Roe remains intact: Report
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2022, 11:08:54 pm »
Clarence Thomas not backing down after leaked SCOTUS draft opinion sparks public outcry
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas stated that he will not be 'bullied' into changing his stance despite continued pressure from protesters and Democrat politicians.
    By Ian Miles Cheong | May 09, 2022

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas will not back down from any decisions he or his colleagues on the bench make about any given case, no matter the public outcry. Despite harassment and threats to their lives following the leak of a Supreme Court draft overturning Roe v. Wade, Thomas said that he will not be “bullied” into changing his mind.

Thomas, who spoke at the 11th Circuit Judicial Conference in Atlanta, made his remarks amid protests over the potential overturning of the landmark abortion legislation.

In reference to the leak, which immediately sparked condemnation from Democrat politicians, and protests and even acts of violence by pro-choice and radical leftist groups, Thomas noted “We are becoming addicted to wanting particular outcomes, not living with the outcomes we don’t like.”

“We can’t be an institution that can be bullied into giving you just the outcomes you want. The events from earlier this week are a symptom of that,” Thomas added ... Rebel News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Re: Supreme Court's majority vote to overturn Roe remains intact: Report
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2022, 11:16:00 pm »
Clarence Thomas not backing down after leaked SCOTUS draft opinion sparks public outcry
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas stated that he will not be 'bullied' into changing his stance despite continued pressure from protesters and Democrat politicians.
    By Ian Miles Cheong | May 09, 2022

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas will not back down from any decisions he or his colleagues on the bench make about any given case, no matter the public outcry. Despite harassment and threats to their lives following the leak of a Supreme Court draft overturning Roe v. Wade, Thomas said that he will not be “bullied” into changing his mind.

Thomas, who spoke at the 11th Circuit Judicial Conference in Atlanta, made his remarks amid protests over the potential overturning of the landmark abortion legislation.

In reference to the leak, which immediately sparked condemnation from Democrat politicians, and protests and even acts of violence by pro-choice and radical leftist groups, Thomas noted “We are becoming addicted to wanting particular outcomes, not living with the outcomes we don’t like.”

“We can’t be an institution that can be bullied into giving you just the outcomes you want. The events from earlier this week are a symptom of that,” Thomas added ... Rebel News

He is spot-on.