Author Topic: Hunter Biden enlists Hollywood mega-lawyer for counsel and funding, sources say  (Read 972 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hunter Biden enlists Hollywood mega-lawyer for counsel and funding, sources say

By Matthew Mosk

May 8, 2022 / 8:59 AM / CBS News

Hunter Biden has garnered quiet support and financial backing from a high-powered Hollywood attorney while awaiting the outcome of a long-running federal investigation into his taxes and finances being conducted by the U.S. attorney in Delaware, multiple sources told CBS News.

Kevin Morris, the attorney known for crafting the $550 million licensing deal for the creators of South Park and who later won a Tony award as a co-producer of the hit musical "Book of Mormon," is now crafting a legal and media strategy for Hunter Biden, his office confirmed when reached this week. It declined further comment.

President Biden's son maintains a robust New York-based legal team handling his defense in the ongoing criminal probe in Delaware that has been focused on his tax and financial dealings. Morris has been operating behind the scenes and has turned his attention in recent weeks to conducting a forensic analysis and investigation into what happened to Hunter Biden's laptop — including how the device became public, sources familiar with his efforts say.

more
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hunter-biden-kevin-morris-hollywood-lawyer-counsel-funding/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I thought poor widdle Hunter was bust, where is all the cash coming from?

Yes it was a sarcastic question.

Offline LMAO

The “Big Guy?”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Yes it was a sarcastic question.
He just needs to sell one $500,000 painting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Hollywood lawyer paid off over $2M of Hunter Biden’s delinquent taxes
By Miranda Devine, Marjorie Hernandez and Patrick Reilly   
May 8, 2022 11:47pm
A big-shot Hollywood lawyer reportedly paid off Hunter Biden’s delinquent taxes — which a source told The Post amounted to more than $2 million — as President Biden’s notoriously troubled son awaits the results of a Delaware grand jury’s investigation into his personal finances.

Kevin Morris, an entertainment attorney and novelist who earned a fortune representing the co-creators of “South Park” and won a Tony Award as the co-producer of “The Book of Mormon,” footed Hunter Biden’s overdue taxes totaling over $2 million — more than twice what was previously reported, a source familiar with conversations between the two told The Post.

Morris, whom Hunter Biden’s friends call his latest “sugar brother,” has also been funding the 52-year-old’s lifestyle in Los Angeles — including his rent and living expenses, the source said.  ...
NY Post

Wait, Hunter can't even pay rent? What the heck has he done with the millions of dollars he grifted out of foreign governments and corporations (at least, his share after paying off The Big Guy)?

Morris. Looks a little like a character in a Hunter Biden video.  :whistle:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Hollywood lawyer paid off over $2M of Hunter Biden’s delinquent taxes
By Miranda Devine,
Marjorie Hernandez and
Patrick Reilly   
May 8, 2022 11:47pm

A big-shot Hollywood lawyer reportedly paid off Hunter Biden’s delinquent taxes — which a source told The Post amounted to more than $2 million — as President Biden’s notoriously troubled son awaits the results of a Delaware grand jury’s investigation into his personal finances.

Kevin Morris, an entertainment attorney and novelist who earned a fortune representing the co-creators of “South Park” and won a Tony Award as the co-producer of “The Book of Mormon,” footed Hunter Biden’s overdue taxes totaling over $2 million — more than twice what was previously reported, a source familiar with conversations between the two told The Post.

Morris, whom Hunter Biden’s friends call his latest “sugar brother,” has also been funding the 52-year-old’s lifestyle in Los Angeles — including his rent and living expenses, the source said.

The attorney has also been advising the president’s son on how to structure his art sales, according to the source.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/05/08/hollywood-lawyer-kevin-morris-paid-off-over-2m-of-hunter-bidens-taxes/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Kamaji

So what's the quid-pro-quo for this payoff?

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
So how is this not "income" or some such?

There was a candidate with fancy hair not long ago that proclaimed there's "two Americas"...he's right, but not in the manner he projected.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Kamaji

So how is this not "income" or some such?

There was a candidate with fancy hair not long ago that proclaimed there's "two Americas"...he's right, but not in the manner he projected.

The payment of his taxes would most likely be treated as additional taxable income to Hunter; of course, if Hunter is insolvent (debts exceed assets), one way to deal with that is for the payoff to initially be structured as a loan, with actual payments of interest, a written agreement, and the like, and then have the loan get written off.  To the extent he is insolvent, the discharge of the indebtedness wouldn't be treated as income, and the putative lender would get a bad debt deduction.  Of course, if this involved republicans, or even just regular folk, such a transaction would probably be examined with a magnifying glass, and the claim of no COD income almost certainly denied.

Alternatively, it could be treated as a gift, one supposes, but the tax on that would be higher than income tax unless the putative donor used part of his lifetime exemption amount.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
The payment of his taxes would most likely be treated as additional taxable income to Hunter; of course, if Hunter is insolvent (debts exceed assets), one way to deal with that is for the payoff to initially be structured as a loan, with actual payments of interest, a written agreement, and the like, and then have the loan get written off.  To the extent he is insolvent, the discharge of the indebtedness wouldn't be treated as income, and the putative lender would get a bad debt deduction.  Of course, if this involved republicans, or even just regular folk, such a transaction would probably be examined with a magnifying glass, and the claim of no COD income almost certainly denied.

Alternatively, it could be treated as a gift, one supposes, but the tax on that would be higher than income tax unless the putative donor used part of his lifetime exemption amount.
Thanks for that... :beer:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline mountaineer

Tweeted by @EmmaJoNYC

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Tweeted by @EmmaJoNYC
So a lying sack o shit representing a lying sack o shit...synergy in action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
None of this really matters.

We all know "The Big Guy" will give Hunter a Presidential Pardon when he leaves office.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Hunter Biden’s Lawyer Flew to Serbia, Infiltrated, Spied on ‘My Son Hunter’ Movie Set

Wendell Husebø 11 May 2022

Hunter Biden’s lawyer Kevin Morris flew to Serbia, infiltrated, and spied on the My Son Hunter movie set, the Daily Mail reported Tuesday.

Kevin Morris, a high-powered Hollywood attorney who has been retained by Hunter to “craft legal and media strategy,” flew to Serbia on a private jet to film interviews for the documentary that plans to expose Hunter’s corruption. However, Morris reportedly failed to disclose he was legally representing Hunter.

“Now that I know of his representation of Hunter Biden, his questions while they were filming suddenly make a lot of sense. I thought he was just making a documentary but now it appears he was deceptively spying for his client Hunter Biden,” producer Phelim McAleer told the Mail.

When Morris was asked why he was interested in collaborating with the documentary, Morris said, “Well of course it is but corruption is corruption,” according to an audio recording from the publication.

Morris and two of his colleagues, “under this false guise, were given full access to My Son Hunter set over the course of several days, conducting interviews with producers and actors for the film and taping hours of footage for Morris’s supposed documentary,” according to the Mail.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/11/report-hunter-bidens-lawyer-flew-to-serbia-infiltrated-spied-on-my-son-hunter-movie-set/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Hunter Biden’s pal Kevin Morris sparks concern for White House: report
By Bruce Golding   
May 11, 2022 6:04pm
People close to President Biden are worried that his son’s deep-pocketed lawyer pal could create problems for the White House — and remind voters of Hunter Biden’s controversial overseas business dealings, according to a new report.

The president’s allies are uncomfortable with Hollywood lawyer Kevin Morris’ plan to mount an aggressive public defense of Hunter Biden, including by questioning the story behind The Post’s exclusive, October 2020, revelation of his infamous laptop, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

They’re also troubled by the $2 million-plus loan that Morris gave the first son to pay off his tax debts and fund his living expenses because it potentially echoes the cash he received while serving on the board of a Ukrainian oligarch’s company and pursuing deals with a Chinese tycoon, the Times said.

Instead, Joe Biden’s supporters want his scandal-scarred son to stay out of the spotlight and resolve a federal grand jury probe in Wilmington, Delaware, without going to trial if charges are filed, the Times said. ...
New York Post