Author Topic: NPR reporter says ‘leading theory’ on SCOTUS leak is conservative clerk  (Read 909 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 NPR reporter says ‘leading theory’ on SCOTUS leak is conservative clerk
by Brad Dress - 05/08/22 6:39 PM ET

A clerk for a conservative justice is the “leading theory” amid intense speculation about who released a draft opinion authored by Justice Samuel Alito, showing the court is set to overturn Roe v. Wade, according to legal affairs correspondent Nina Totenberg of National Public Radio (NPR).

Totenberg said on ABC’s “This Week” that the prevailing theory is that a conservative clerk released the decision in an attempt to lock in the five justices who voted to support overturning Roe, as Chief Justice John Roberts reportedly attempts to pull his colleagues toward a more moderate position.

“That has never, ever occurred before,” Totenberg said of the leak. “That could only, in all likelihood, have come from a justice — that I think is less likely — or perhaps one of the clerks.”

“The only one that makes sense is it came from somebody who was afraid that this majority might not hold,” she added.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3481235-npr-reporter-says-leading-theory-on-scotus-leak-is-conservative-clerk/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Ha ha, good one.

Not really. It's a stupid theory.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Ha ha, good one.

Not really. It's a stupid theory.
When it comes to American Democrats, it is hard to believe they didn't blame it on "RUSSIA!" or "TRUMP!" According to the Democrats, Russia and Trump are responsible for every bad thing that exists in the world today and that has ever existed in history.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I wouldn't believe Nina Totenberg if she was standing in front of me soaking wet and telling me it's raining outside!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nina Totebag needs a vacation.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Totenberg said on ABC’s “This Week” that the prevailing theory is that a conservative clerk released the decision

Prevailing among a very small group of hard core leftists at NPR.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah,and the Pope is really a Hare Krishna follower.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's not a conservative, and here's the tell:  They had to have known after the first day whodunnit.  If it really was a conservative Justice's Clerk, it would have been big news by Wednesday.  No news means they're covering for a leftist because it would blow the cover, if it became known for sure.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yeah,and the Pope is really a Hare Krishna follower.
Well he sure as hell ain't a Catholic, no matter what they say!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The old lefty flip and reverse.

It's like a bad TV show.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well he sure as hell ain't a Catholic, no matter what they say!

@GtHawk

I don't know what Pope you are writing about,but the one I am familiar with is the CMMFIC of the Catholic Church. That pretty much defines him as being a Catholic.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!