Author Topic: What 'Moving On' Has Cost Us  (Read 8882 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What 'Moving On' Has Cost Us
« on: May 07, 2022, 12:56:57 pm »
May 7, 2022
What 'Moving On' Has Cost Us
By Mark Landsbaum

This is the real difference between Donald Trump and the political establishment, whether Republican or Democrat. The esteemed “conservative” Wall Street Journal editorial board has called on Wisconsin authorities to ignore a preliminary investigation report by former Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Michael Gableman that found unethical and illegal acts that he says should prompt the state legislature to “take a hard look” at decertifying the 2020 election.

The Journal says Wisconsin should instead be practical and play it politically safe. In its editorial, the Journal urges Republicans to move on and concentrate on defeating incumbent Democrat Gov. Tom Evers rather than “chasing ghosts.”

For his part, Trump says if investigation is halted, perpetrators will be emboldened to cheat again in this year’s elections.

The “conservative” Journal finds itself arguing the democratic party’s standard talking point: “Move on.” That preference reveals the extent of the swamp that voters chose Trump to drain in 2016. It’s a bipartisan cesspool and even conservative media champions are caught in the bog.

It’s also nothing new. Republicans have traditionally conformed to the “move on” mentality after every election. After his 1960 loss, Richard Nixon declined to pursue JFK’s obvious election chicanery.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/05/5_6_2022_15_23.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What 'Moving On' Has Cost Us
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 01:01:48 pm »
I do not believe it was a lack of Republican courage that prevented draining the Swamp, so much as key GOP members being full-blown participants in that ecology.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 01:31:39 pm »
I do not believe it was a lack of Republican courage that prevented draining the Swamp, so much as key GOP members being full-blown participants in that ecology.

That's right.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 01:54:25 pm »

:yowsa: NO doubt about it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 02:05:36 pm »

@Smokin Joe

I understand some of them MAY even have Chinese wife/handlers.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 02:10:07 pm »
@Smokin Joe

I understand some of them MAY even have Chinese wife/handlers.

And many that don't are still on the payroll.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 03:52:50 pm »
@mystery-ak

IMHO this article needs to be put somewhere MUCH more prominent.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2022, 02:59:52 am »

It would help to have a President committed to draining the Swamp.    Trump certainly wasn't that President.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline starbuck_archer

• Russian Mole Supporting Ukraine
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2023, 07:26:09 pm »
Gaetz was in the first two weeks of Jan what Trump was in 2016: he pretty much exposed who was an establishment shill and who wasn't.

Now, I do believe there is some nuance to that (even Gaetz "capitulated" when McCarthy gave him mostly what he wanted), and I am not ready to completely write of some people who supported McCarthy form the start (MTG).

However, with Crowder's latest revelations about DW, I am beginning to wonder if we don't need to drain our own swamp before we drain the American swamp.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 07:29:11 pm »
Another big problem is our intelligence and Federal law enforcement agencies. It seems like when someone does stand up, they are threatened, offed, or charges are trumped up against them, pun intended.

Fortunately I'm not wealthy or in charge, because my prescription would be....radical.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 08:12:11 pm »
Primary the hell out of establishment and long-term office holders.

Force McCarthy and McConnell to drain all the funds from their repsective PACs/SuperPACs.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 08:20:48 pm »
Another big problem is our intelligence and Federal law enforcement agencies. It seems like when someone does stand up, they are threatened, offed, or charges are trumped up against them, pun intended.

Fortunately I'm not wealthy or in charge, because my prescription would be....radical.

Ditto!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2023, 03:05:38 am »
It's a good idea to punish anyone who committed crimes, and to fix whatever holes may exist in election law.  That's how you prevent it from happening again.

It's the "decertification" of electoral selection that happened more than two years ago that is completely pointless.  Even if you managed to pass such a resolution, the time for those electors to cast their ballots is long-since passed.  Complete waste of time.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 03:07:51 am »
It's a good idea to punish anyone who committed crimes, and to fix whatever holes may exist in election law.  That's how you prevent it from happening again.

It's the "decertification" of electoral selection that happened more than two years ago that is completely pointless.  Even if you managed to pass such a resolution, the time for those electors to cast their ballots is long-since passed.  Complete waste of time.

That's right.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2023, 03:37:38 am »

It's the "decertification" of electoral selection that happened more than two years ago that is completely pointless.

What decertification was that?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2023, 03:43:10 am »
What decertification was that?

The one suggested in the OP article -- for Wisconsin to decertify its 2020 electors.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2023, 11:18:08 pm »

@Smokin Joe

YUP!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2024, 03:00:58 am »
Time to dust this thread off.  Here we are two years later, and Republicans haven't done a damn thing to block Democrats from stealing the next election.  Expect record Democrat turnout via mail-in vote.  Biden gets over 90 million votes.  And Republicans play the victim card.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2024, 11:36:59 am »
Time to dust this thread off.  Here we are two years later, and Republicans haven't done a damn thing to block Democrats from stealing the next election. Expect record Democrat turnout via mail-in vote.  Biden gets over 90 million votes. And Republicans play the victim card.

@Hoodat

I wouldn't be surprised if it is reported that he got ALL the votes.

"Comrades" WILL be "comrades",and act accordingly.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2024, 03:06:22 pm »
@Hoodat

I wouldn't be surprised if it is reported that he got ALL the votes.

"Comrades" WILL be "comrades",and act accordingly.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 03:07:14 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline scottfreitas

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2024, 03:33:24 am »
It never stops bugging me how ANYONE would be willing to "move on" from a stolen Presidential election.

You either resolve that issue and punish some people, or it's just gonna keep on happening, more and more.

Like we saw in the 2022 midterms...with numerous examples of elections that took days and weeks to "decide", wherein Demoncrats always emerged as the "winners."

Oh, we are in SO much trouble here... (sound of forehead hitting keyboardfsdlkjfwekfetrjwijrgirj)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2024, 04:51:27 am »
It never stops bugging me how ANYONE would be willing to "move on" from a stolen Presidential election.

You either resolve that issue and punish some people, or it's just gonna keep on happening, more and more.

Like we saw in the 2022 midterms...with numerous examples of elections that took days and weeks to "decide", wherein Demoncrats always emerged as the "winners."

Oh, we are in SO much trouble here... (sound of forehead hitting keyboardfsdlkjfwekfetrjwijrgirj)
Well, if those who had the ability or opportunity to do something (right up to and including SCOTUS) had done something, it would have been done. Apparently they feel the situation benefits them, too. I'm with @roamer_1 --throw them all out.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2024, 02:46:25 pm »
:bkmk:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2024, 02:49:35 pm »

FWIW, I have not "moved on" from what happened in 2020 nor will I. Ever!

- J. R. R. Tolkien