Author Topic: The emperor has no clothes -- and the public doesn't like what it sees  (Read 118 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 11, 2024
The emperor has no clothes -- and the public doesn't like what it sees
By Marc E. Zimmerman

A recent interview of a Biden Administration official illustrates how deep a policy hole this Administration has dug for us in a critical area. A newly recorded dialogue on the U.S. monetary system focused on the nature of money, borrowing, and debt. What was not revealed during this discussion was an acknowledgement that Biden’s economic programs have resulted in a massive inflationary spike during his tenure, with a serious erosion of U.S dollar purchasing power which impacts everyone, every day, when folks shop for food or fill their gas tanks.

The brief narrative presented by Biden’s Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors Jared Bernstein became completely disjointed when he attempted to explain how the Administration, by borrowing, contends with the shortages in tax revenues amounting to trillions of dollars every year to cover federal spending costs.

However, while listening to Bernstein’s dumpster fire of incoherence, a moment of clarity emerged in the midst of his curious interpretations: the presidential appointee had no clue what he was talking about. To wit:

The US government can’t go bankrupt because we can print our own money… well, um… the… uh… so the… I mean… again, some of this stuff gets… some of the language that the MM… some of the language and concepts are just confusing. I mean, the government definitely prints money and it definitely lends that money. Which is why, uh… uh… the government definitely prints money and it lends that money by uh… by selling bonds

Is that what they do? They… they… um… they… yeah… they… they… um… they sell bonds. Yeah. They sell bonds, right? Since they sell bonds and people buy the bonds and lend them the money. Yeah. So, a lot of times, a lot of times, at least to my ear with MMT, the language and the concepts can be kind of unnecessarily confusing, but there is no question that the government prints money and then it uses that money to um… uh… eh… uh… so… um… yeah… I… I… I guess I'm just… I don't… I can't really ta- I don't… I don't get it.

I don't know what they're talking about, like… cause… it's like, the government clearly prints money. It does it all the time, and it clearly borrows. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this… this conversation. I don't think there's anything confusing there, Bernstein concluded.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/05/the_emperor_has_no_clothes_and_the_public_doesn_t_like_what_it_sees.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

A little Wikipedia on the incredibly unqualified Jared Bernstein:
Jared Bernstein (born December 26, 1955) is an American musician who is the chair of the United States Council of Economic Advisers. He is a senior fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities ...

Bernstein graduated with a bachelor's degree in music from the Manhattan School of Music where he studied double bass with Orin O'Brien. Throughout the '80s, Bernstein was a mainstay on the jazz scene in NYC. He also earned a Master of Social Work from Hunter College as well as a DSW in social welfare from Columbia University's school of social work ...

Bernstein has taught at Howard University, Columbia University, and New York University.  His areas of interest include "federal, state and international economic policies, specifically the middle class squeeze, income inequality and mobility, trends in employment and earnings, low-wage labor markets, poverty, and international comparisons." ...
This says a lot about the universities that have hired him to teach a subject about which he knows absolutely nothing, not to mention the inept Obama and Biden administrations that named him economic advisor.  :#@$%:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This guy Bernstein might be top contender to win this year's "Karine Jean-Pierre Award for Occupational Competency in Public Service"...

Online LMAO

The idea that we won't go bankrupt because we can print the money we need is a belief that's held by many in Washington including the former president

This guy is but one of many that hold that belief

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy