Author Topic: Hell Freezes Over: CNN Host Says Biden Must Go Back to Trump's Immigration Policies.. Matt Vespa  (Read 33 times)

Wingnut and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hell Freezes Over: CNN Host Says Biden Must Go Back to Trump's Immigration Policies
Matt Vespa

Is Joe Biden becoming the grim reaper for liberal media figures? I only say that because it feels that one by one, he’s making such prominent figures turn against him, even claiming that Trump-era policies were the correct ones on issues like illegal immigration. Of course, these folks will probably vote for Biden in November. Still, it’s saying something about the president where even CNN’s Fareed Zakaria says Biden must re-adopt Trump-era immigration policies. Zakaria was on PBS’ Firing Line with Margaret Hoover, where the GPS host said millions are especially gaming the asylum process. Ryan Saavedra of Daily Wire clipped and transcribed the segment:

ZAKARIA: "The whole system is broken," he said. "And Biden needs to confront that and say, you know, ‘We are going to have to reform the whole system.’ I would wish he'd do something much more extreme, like, say ‘the old asylum system is dead. No one is coming in through that process. You have to apply from your home country’.

MARGARET HOOVER: "Which was, which was a Trump policy."

ZAKARIA: "Which was a Trump– and also the Mexico, let– you know, you have to be in Mexico to apply. I think that's all correct."

HOOVER: "So strategically, you think [cross] if Biden would tack towards Trump policies he would have a better political chance?"

ZAKARIA: "Yeah. And by the way, it's the right policy because the old asylum system is being gamed by millions of people."

So, is hell freezing over?

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2024/05/11/hell-freezes-over-cnn-host-says-biden-must-revert-to-trump-immigration-policies-n2638928
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34