Author Topic: Is this the next country on Putin's hit list?  (Read 236 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is this the next country on Putin's hit list?
« on: May 07, 2022, 12:48:24 pm »
May 7, 2022
Is this the next country on Putin's hit list?
By Alex Adkins

Fear is spreading across Eastern Europe that Russian president Vladimir Putin will extend his invasion of Ukraine into Moldova.  Like Ukraine, Moldova is a previous state of the Soviet Union that is not a part of NATO.  Moldova and Ukraine share a border with Transnistria, Moldovan territory in which Russian-backed separatists hold power.  The international community does not consider Transnistria an independent state.

On April 25, explosions were reported in Transnistria.  Transinstrian officials in the capital of Tiraspol claimed that the attack was directed at the state's security headquarters and radio stations used to broadcast Russian transmissions.  Although no responsibility has been taken for the attacks, pro-Russian separatists claim Ukraine's involvement.  At the same time, the governments of Moldova blame the separatists in Transnistria for destabilization.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/05/is_this_the_next_country_on_putins_hit_list.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Is this the next country on Putin's hit list?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 03:10:58 pm »
I suspect Pooty-Poot is FAR more concerned with digging his way out of the mess he created when he invaded Ukraine than he is in digging a bigger hole.

IMHO,he will be DAMN lucky to remain in office after the dust from Ukraine settles. He would have probably already been removed if it wouldn't have resulted in embarrassing both the Politburo leadership and Russia herself.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 04:36:11 pm »
I suspect Pooty-Poot is FAR more concerned with digging his way out of the mess he created when he invaded Ukraine than he is in digging a bigger hole.

IMHO,he will be DAMN lucky to remain in office after the dust from Ukraine settles. He would have probably already been removed if it wouldn't have resulted in embarrassing both the Politburo leadership and Russia herself.

Agreed.

Ukraine has been a level 10 CF for Putin.  I doubt he wants anymore of this.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Dexter1989

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 05:10:04 pm »
Agreed.

Ukraine has been a level 10 CF for Putin.  I doubt he wants anymore of this.

If he ends up gaining a bunch of territory for Russia it might save some of his face.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 05:22:43 pm »

If he ends up gaining a bunch of territory for Russia it might save some of his face.

@Dexter1989

HOW is that even remotely possible when the troops he HAD available for offensive actions are virtually destroyed/combat ineffective,and Ukraine is handing him his ass on a daily basis?

Even IF by some miracle,he ends up controlling Ukraine,he is screwed because the economic embargoes will still be in effect,and he no longer has an army or a fleet to defend those borders from attack.

I freely admit to being shocked that Russia didn't just roll right over Ukraine,but the truth is plain to see now. Their military leadership and their equipment sucks,and for the most part,their army really doesn't want to fight.

BTW,ignore everything I wrote above if some other nation is foolish enough to invade Russia. That would be a whole new ball game!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 05:23:53 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 05:27:22 pm »

Not really.  If he'd been patient, Russia would sooner or later have been "invited in" to the two provinces the Russians have been de-facto invading for the last 8+ years, to assist with "peace-keeping" and the most that Ukraine would have managed would have been to scale up the internal conflict some more, but those two provinces would have become Russian territory in, perhaps, all but name.  The Russian military would not have suffered any significant losses, let alone the catastrophic losses they've suffered because of Putin's intemperance, and tens of thousands of Russian boys wouldn't be dead.

There is no saving face for Putin out of this, short of a complete take-over of Ukraine.

Offline Dexter1989

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 05:31:09 pm »
@Dexter1989

HOW is that even remotely possible when the troops he HAD available for offensive actions are virtually destroyed/combat ineffective,and Ukraine is handing him his ass on a daily basis?

Even IF by some miracle,he ends up controlling Ukraine,he is screwed because the economic embargoes will still be in effect,and he no longer has an army or a fleet to defend those borders from attack.

I freely admit to being shocked that Russia didn't just roll right over Ukraine,but the truth is plain to see now. Their military leadership and their equipment sucks,and for the most part,their army really doesn't want to fight.

BTW,ignore everything I wrote above if some other nation is foolish enough to invade Russia. That would be a whole new ball game!

I think Russia could probably win a war of attrition against Ukraine. Whether or not it's a good decison economically I am not so sure about.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 05:33:28 pm »
I think Russia could probably win a war of attrition against Ukraine. Whether or not it's a good decison economically I am not so sure about.

@Dexter1989

I agree,PROVIDING of course that the Politburo would go along with it and the Russian people didn't get tired of having their boys drafted and killed.

All this while Russian oil is on the international embargo list,as well as most other trade items,and the Russian economy tanks due to the lack of international funds coming in.

Which all seems to be highly unlikely to me.

Don't forget,there is far more to fighting and winning a war than sending soldiers off to fight.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 05:35:50 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2022, 05:34:02 pm »

That's becoming more and more debatable.