Author Topic: Warren: Gay Marriage, Interracial Marriage Imperiled by Draft Roe Decision  (Read 1166 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warren: Gay Marriage, Interracial Marriage Imperiled by Draft Roe Decision

Pam Key 6 May 2022

Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) said Friday on ABC’s “The View” that interracial marriage and gay marriage are in jeopardy because Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito‘s legal reasoning in a leaked draft opinion that would overturn Roe v. Wade.

Co-host Ana Navarro said, I’ve gotten calls from a lot of my gay friends this week who are terrified as a result of this leak because of what you just referred to as settled law, settled law, which isn’t so settled as we thought. Now, my friends on the right bring up Plessy versus Ferguson, which is the separate but equal. And they said when that got overturned, nobody had an issue. So when is settled law settled law? Should people in gay marriages be afraid? What does this mean when it comes to established law?”

Warren said, “So when you read Justice Alito’s opinion, what he focuses on is history, and he says we don’t have to protect our access to abortion because historically we haven’t had that access. Boy, that ought to make your gay friends nervous because we don’t have a long history of protecting equal marriage. We don’t have a long history of protecting interracial marriage. We don’t have a long history of protecting access to contraception. All of those things that we have now counted on instead — that’s the America we are — could potentially, under Justice Alito’s own analysis, go out. This is the reason we cannot have a right-wing fringe court dictate to the rest of America.”

Co-host Joy Behar said, “Right. It’s so divisive also. It’s going to just split the country.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/06/warren-gay-marriage-interracial-marriage-imperiled-by-draft-roe-decision/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

How...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How...

That's what I want to know..why is she saying these things?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Boy! That really set the Left's hair on fire didn't it? Too Funny.
All of this screaming and wailing about an 'idea' which has not been enacted yet.

BTW: We will never know who leaked this. All the Deep State so called investigative departments are all with the far-out far-Left Global Communists. It could have easily been DOJ, FBI, NSA, CIA, that leaked it themselves. Even if they know today, right now, who the leaker is, they will never release the name possibly for use in future plans.

When everything is corrupt to the core, then treachery and treason are 'praised and exalted', never condemned. For proof, just look at what they did to President Trump, his family, his friends, and to anyone who has ever even passed him on a street.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 01:50:49 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

The only thing imperiled here is the ruling denying States their Constitutional right to establish their own marriage laws.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 6, 2022 2:09pm EDT
Elizabeth Warren explodes on 'The View', claims police could investigate ‘miscarriages’ if Roe overturned
‘You could be monitored,’ Sen. Warren claimed, ‘[If] you lifted a package that was too heavy and threatened a pregnancy.’
By Gabriel Hays | Fox News

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., has been "madder than hell" since the leak of the Supreme Court draft opinion that overturns Roe v Wade. The outspoken liberal politician continued her strong defense of Roe during a Friday segment on ABC’s The View.

During her guest appearance, Warren offered several extreme hypotheticals on how the U.S. government could abuse women if Roe v Wade is gutted in the near future. She fretted that miscarriages could be "investigated" by the police or that women might be punished for accidentally injuring their unborn babies while picking up packages in the mail.

She also worried that morning-after pills could disappear, in vitro fertilization could be limited, and women’s "most personal choices" would be criminalized.

Warren began her alarmist screed by saying, "It’s that the Supreme Court has not just said we’re not going to have Roe. They have now opened the door to an investigation and an intrusion beyond anything most of us imagine."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/elizabeth-warren-explodes-view-roe-v-wade-police-investigate-miscarriages
Support the USO

Online roamer_1

The only thing imperiled here is the ruling denying States their Constitutional right to establish their own marriage laws.

The rough part there is reciprocity.

Online mountaineer

Lizzie Forked Tongue is as unhinged as the new minister of truth. Is there something in the firewater?

Offline cato potatoe

This topic hits close to home for she and her white husband.

Offline Hoodat

The rough part there is reciprocity.

Not really.  Montana does not have to recognize Vermont marriage laws and vice versa.  And from a legal standpoint, marriage is a restriction on rights, not a right itself.

The federal government is welcome to come up with its own standard, but States are not compelled to abide by that standard in their own laws.  And vice versa.  If Nevada decides to legalize polygamy, it does not mean that the federal government needs to update its tax forms to accommodate multiple spouses.

Marriage is a covenant with G-d.  Whatever the government decides to call it is an entirely different matter.  But each State under Amendment X should be able to define its own laws.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She is terrified that the government will round up her tribe (snow white scandinavian indians with 0.0024% indian blood) and force them back to their reservation in New Mexico. Then they will confiscate her land and her BMW.

SHE IS FIGHTING FOR HER PEOPLE AGAINST THE EVIL WHITE MAN!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

May 6, 2022 2:09pm EDT
Elizabeth Warren explodes on 'The View', claims police could investigate ‘miscarriages’ if Roe overturned
‘You could be monitored,’ Sen. Warren claimed, ‘[If] you lifted a package that was too heavy and threatened a pregnancy.’
By Gabriel Hays | Fox News

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., has been "madder than hell" since the leak of the Supreme Court draft opinion that overturns Roe v Wade. The outspoken liberal politician continued her strong defense of Roe during a Friday segment on ABC’s The View.

During her guest appearance, Warren offered several extreme hypotheticals on how the U.S. government could abuse women if Roe v Wade is gutted in the near future. She fretted that miscarriages could be "investigated" by the police or that women might be punished for accidentally injuring their unborn babies while picking up packages in the mail.

She also worried that morning-after pills could disappear, in vitro fertilization could be limited, and women’s "most personal choices" would be criminalized.

Warren began her alarmist screed by saying, "It’s that the Supreme Court has not just said we’re not going to have Roe. They have now opened the door to an investigation and an intrusion beyond anything most of us imagine."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/elizabeth-warren-explodes-view-roe-v-wade-police-investigate-miscarriages

She's really out of control.

Online roamer_1

Not really.  Montana does not have to recognize Vermont marriage laws and vice versa.  And from a legal standpoint, marriage is a restriction on rights, not a right itself.

The federal government is welcome to come up with its own standard, but States are not compelled to abide by that standard in their own laws.  And vice versa.  If Nevada decides to legalize polygamy, it does not mean that the federal government needs to update its tax forms to accommodate multiple spouses.

Marriage is a covenant with G-d.  Whatever the government decides to call it is an entirely different matter.  But each State under Amendment X should be able to define its own laws.

That's not exactly true... Or at least, not how it worked. Montana had gay marriage shoved down its throat...

The minute the feds recognized gay marriage, that went right down the line to federal employment standards, legal inheritance and power of attorney laws, even insurance and welfare... It is a tidal force.

I would agree with you if it weren't for our dependence on big.gov. If the feds were too poor to enforce their will. That is not the case.

Offline Hoodat

I would agree with you if it weren't for our dependence on big.gov. If the feds were too poor to enforce their will. That is not the case.

Without deficit spending, the Democrat Party would have no power.  This is why it pisses me off so much to see Republicans going all in to continue it.  If the budget was balanced, political organizations like Planned Parenthood would no longer be receiving $500 million in taxpayer money every year.  So they would no longer be able to pump 35% of that money back into Democrat campaign coffers.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Without deficit spending, the Democrat Party would have no power.  This is why it pisses me off so much to see Republicans going all in to continue it.  If the budget was balanced, political organizations like Planned Parenthood would no longer be receiving $500 million in taxpayer money every year.  So they would no longer be able to pump 35% of that money back into Democrat campaign coffers.

That's right. The government big enough to help you is big enough to take everything you have... And they will.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is all fun, an' all that...but

Would someone please explain how a draft decision imperils anything?

(It's just a draft) :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This topic hits close to home for she and her white husband.

@cato potatoe

How,since they are both white?

BTW,just how stoooooopid does that goober that married her have to be?

Is she his (can't think of the word for fake heterosexual) "ticket" to pass for a heterosexual?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 02:05:22 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

This is all fun, an' all that...but

Would someone please explain how a draft decision imperils anything?

(It's just a draft) :shrug:

What they are really saying is that the US Constitution imperils their agenda.  It's like when Obama said how the Warren Court didn't go far enough at breaking away from the foundation given to us by our Founding Fathers to instill the communist model of wealth redistribution throughout American society.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Absalom

Predictable how hard leftists rant and rage when their beliefs are under threat.
Let them rage over abortion, homosexuality, incest, transgenderism and the rest of their neuroses.
The union of Man and Wife producing Children is the foundation of Civilization, Culture and Society
while the agenda of our noisy sexual neurotics is its doom.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 09:31:04 pm by Absalom »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Warren: Gay Marriage, Interracial Marriage Imperiled by Draft Roe Decision"

Hmmm....
Sounds ok to me.
How does that hit ya, lizzy...?

Online mountaineer

Ben Shapiro
@benshapiro
The Left can't speak about abortion in convincing ways. Which is why they're now trying to falsely accuse Mitch McConnell of wanting to kill the filibuster, Blake Masters of wanting to ban contraception, and states of wanting to ban interracial marriage.
9:14 AM · May 9, 2022

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How...

Some years ago, on Times Square in NYC, I observed a native American, in full Indian regalia, feather head dress, buckskin clothes, etc. As a pretty woman would walk by, he would raise his right hand, in an Indian greeting, and say "Wanna ". I watched this ritual for about 20 minutes, and I became more curious as he kept making these greetings. Finally, I couldn't resist any longer. I went up to the native American, and said, "I have been watching you, and I am confused. I thought that Indians say "How ." He turned to me, obviously quite annoyed, and said, "ME KNOW HOW... ME TRYING TO FIND WOMAN WHO WANNA!!"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Gay marriage, maybe; interracial marriage, never.