Author Topic: Ted Cruz speculates Sotomayor’s office is source leak: ‘It is beyond imagination that a justice woul  (Read 1099 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ted Cruz speculates Sotomayor’s office is source leak: ‘It is beyond imagination that a justice would do this’
May 6, 2022 | Chris Donaldson

Days after the devastating leak that shook America, the person who provided a draft version of a Supreme Court opinion to the media has yet to be identified but some have speculated that the culprit was a staffer for one of the high court’s leftist justices.

Now Senator Ted Cruz has gone on record with his suggestion that the most likely source of the leak was inside the office of Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

The Texas Republican, who has condemned the unprecedented leak as “the consequence of the Democrats’ rabidly partisan effort to undermine the court,” made his remarks on the latest edition of his podcast “The Verdict” during a conversation with co-host Michael Knowles about the leak and its ramifications, especially when it comes to the SCOTUS as in institution.

“I had several reporters ask today ‘what if it was a justice that did this?’ I gotta tell you, I just don’t believe that,” Cruz said, ruling out the Obama appointee herself. “It is such a grotesque violation of trust, to me it is beyond imagination that a justice would do this.”

“To use the nuclear code example, it’s like the president handing the nuclear codes to Putin, it’s just…I cannot believe that even the most left-wing justice would do this,” he added.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/05/06/ted-cruz-speculates-sotomayors-office-is-source-leak-it-is-beyond-imagination-that-a-justice-would-do-this-1234608/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Texas Republican, who has condemned the unprecedented leak as “the consequence of the Democrats’ rabidly partisan effort to undermine the court,” made his remarks on the latest edition of his podcast “The Verdict” during a conversation with co-host Michael Knowles about the leak and its ramifications, especially when it comes to the SCOTUS as in institution.

The money quote and talking point to be pressed.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I can't believe "we" haven't been told who the leaker was.  I suspect "They" know already.

Why the silence?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The laughably  called "wise Latina" obviously cares less for America. 

As other posters have alluded, the fact we still know nothing of the sources and particulars of this leak 72 hours later says there is something amiss behind the scenes.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

There are two possible culprits - this one, from Sotomayor's office, and the female from Breyer's staff (see below). Or maybe they collaborated.

https://twitter.com/willchamberlain/status/1521685968939630592
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think we all know that had the leak originated from side of the five Schummer would be wailing it from the rooftops.  After all, they have a several days head start before it was put out by Politico to dig into the source, and to plan those "spontaneous" protests with the finely printed signage.

Since there is nothing but crickets. I think we know

Online Wingnut

ne small note about the identity of the leaker. There has been some speculation that turns on a supposed relationship with Josh Gerstein, the Politico legal affairs reporter who is the lead author on their story. It seems to me that the leak very likely runs instead through the other reporter with a byline on the story: Alexander Ward, who is a national security reporter. In response to questions from The Washington Post, Politico confirmed that the story was very tightly held from even its own staff. Almost surely, the leaker would have insisted on that confidentiality. I cannot think of a reason that Ward would have been on the story other than that the leaker communicated through him, not Gerstein. And Politico would have felt compelled to give Ward a byline on such a historic scoop.

The above from

https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/05/how-the-leak-might-have-happened/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It disturbs me that the Rats are perfectly OK with this.  It's just another tool for the toolbox now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I can't believe "we" haven't been told who the leaker was.  I suspect "They" know already.

Why the silence?

I thought for sure they would have caught the leaker by now...it can't be that hard since there are not that many people who have access at SCOTUS
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought for sure they would have caught the leaker by now...it can't be that hard since there are not that many people who have access at SCOTUS

That fosters the belief that they already know and are now protecting the miscreant.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That fosters the belief that they already know and are now protecting the miscreant.

That's where I've been for two days now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's where I've been for two days now.

:beer: :beer:

Just two?  You aren't as cynical as I.   happy77
I will NOT comply.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

No matter who leaked it, it was an egregious breach of trust that damaged the institution's ability to function.

No Justice is going to want their drafts to be reviewed by other Justices, for fear it may be leaked for political purposes.

Now, there's the a great judicial rat hunt.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Hoodat

It disturbs me that the Rats are perfectly OK with this.  It's just another tool for the toolbox now.

The Rats would be perfectly OK with dragging your warm corpse out of a gas chamber and cramming it into a crematoria oven.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rustynail

How is the 'investigation' coming along?  Roberts is real quiet.  Is he waiting for the news cycle to shout squirrel?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How is the 'investigation' coming along?  Roberts is real quiet.  Is he waiting for the news cycle to shout squirrel?

Maybe we'll never know because they're all members of the same gay bathhouse?
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@mystery-ak

Ted Cruz speculates Sotomayor’s office is source leak: ‘It is beyond imagination that a justice would do this’

What an odd way to say "We all fully expected this from a leftist Justice."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

@mystery-ak

If it was a justice I would think they would be impeached and convicted.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@mystery-ak

But that's not accurate as to what Cruz said in full, basically he said he thought it came from her office but he didn't believe she was that actual leak.
Here is a full quote from Cruz:
“I had several reporters ask today ‘what if it was a justice that did this?’ I gotta tell you, I just don’t believe that,” Cruz said, ruling out the Obama appointee herself. “It is such a grotesque violation of trust, to me it is beyond imagination that a justice would do this.”

The full quote paints a different picture, of course if an investigation shows it was a Justice(and they tell anyone) then I'm sure Cruz will have more to say.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 07:36:33 pm by GtHawk »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If it was a justice I would think they would be impeached and convicted.

@bilo

You would be wrong. This is a political crime,and no way is there ever even going to be a formal charge against the real culprit,or even an actual investigation.

The MOST that will happen will the DNC will pay-off a clerk in her office to confess,take the conviction and fine (which will be paid by the DNC),and 6 months down the road she will be released on parole as quietly as possible (the mainstream medial WILL play along with this),and then be offered a high-paying "no-show" position in some Dim law firm or think tank.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But that's not accurate as to what Cruz said in full, basically he said he thought it came from her office but he didn't believe she was that actual leak.
Here is a full quote from Cruz:

The full quote paints a different picture, of course if an investigation shows it was a Justice(and they tell anyone) then I'm sure Cruz will have more to say.

@GtHawk

The odds are more likely that Santa will show up in person to kiss your ass on live tv on Christmas Day than Cruz or any other wily politician would come out and admit to the press that they THINK a SC Justice released this. Or more accurately,had an assistant release it for her.

We all know by now that the big boys and girls in Dim politics are never hit hard by any criminal charges no matter what they do.

Now,if it were a Republican being suspected of this,it would be on the news 24/7.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

The odds are more likely that Santa will show up in person to kiss your ass on live tv on Christmas Day than Cruz or any other wily politician would come out and admit to the press that they THINK a SC Justice released this. Or more accurately,had an assistant release it for her.

We all know by now that the big boys and girls in Dim politics are never hit hard by any criminal charges no matter what they do.

Now,if it were a Republican being suspected of this,it would be on the news 24/7.
Well if it was the right Santa

Online Wingnut

Well if it was the right Santa
That is not a wise latina.