Author Topic: Derek Hunter: A Bold Compromise On Abortion  (Read 86 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Hunter: A Bold Compromise On Abortion
« on: May 05, 2022, 03:59:31 pm »
A Bold Compromise On Abortion
Derek Hunter

Posted: May 05, 2022 12:01 AM

The leak from the Supreme Court this week of a draft opinion has set every leftist pearl-clutcher on edge. If, through some sort of miracle, these soft-skulled non-birthing persons managed to impregnate a genuine birthing person, they might have to take some responsibility for their actions over the resulting child, and nothing scares the hell out of a leftist like the prospect of taking responsibility for their actions. Naturally, they freaked out. But I think there’s a middle ground to be had here, one where left and right, pro-life and pro-abortion, can come together to settle this debate once and for all. I humbly offer up a bold compromise on abortion.

Some people believe abortion is murder because it ends a life, others view it as compassionate because having a child can end your social life. Whether you fall on the side of science or the superficial party time, there has to be a middle ground, right? To those Democrats who insist abortion is a “deeply personal” or “really hard choice,” I’d be tempted to ask why – how can removing something you refer to as a parasite be difficult? Do you lose sleep over having your cat dewormed or a mole removed?

If it’s hard because you know you’re ending a human life, well, then we have to have a different discussion, don’t we?

I get how that’s a discussion you’re no more ready to have than the cable news “legal experts” are ready or capable of discussing the actual merits of what Justice Sam Alito wrote, preferring to appeal to emotion instead (which is a tell). Maybe someday, just not today.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2022/05/05/a-bold-compromise-on-abortion-n2606761
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34