Author Topic: Four paratroopers ‘ejected’ from Humvee in deadly Fort Bragg rollover  (Read 378 times)

rebewranger

Four paratroopers ‘ejected’ from Humvee in deadly Fort Bragg rollover
By Davis Winkie
 May 4, 04:46 PM

Spc. Luis Herrera died April 28, 2022, in an accident at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, when a Humvee he was riding in overturned. Three other troops were hurt in the accident. (Army)

A junior infantryman assigned to the 82nd Airborne Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team died Thursday after a Humvee rollover crash on Fort Bragg, North Carolina, that hurt three additional troops, according to 18th Airborne Corps releases and a preliminary accident investigation report.

Spc. Luis Herrera, 23, died of injuries sustained when was ejected from the overturned High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle, according to the Army Combat Readiness Center’s initial report. The accident happened just before noon Thursday.

According to CRC, “initial reports” suggest none of the solders in the vehicle — all of whom were ejected — were wearing seatbelts.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-army/2022/05/04/four-paratroopers-ejected-from-humvee-in-deadly-fort-bragg-rollover/

rebewranger

I'm sure military spin doctors are feverishly working to try to somehow tie this to global warming and the need for electric trucks. 888blackhat

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
According to CRC, “initial reports” suggest none of the solders in the vehicle — all of whom were ejected — were wearing seatbelts.

SEAT BELTS in military vehicles??????

Have they lost what little remains of their freaking minds?????
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder just how fast they were going on their 4-wheeling jaunt? Condolences to the family of the dead soldier, but I think we have several incidents like this every year, I know that they aren't infrequent at Camp Pendleton in California where they have large amphibious assault training exercises.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wonder just how fast they were going on their 4-wheeling jaunt? Condolences to the family of the dead soldier, but I think we have several incidents like this every year, I know that they aren't infrequent at Camp Pendleton in California where they have large amphibious assault training exercises.

@GtHawk

I may well be wrong,but I SUSPECT the accident was due more to terrain and soldiers not familiar with driving in "rough country" than it was speed.

I met people in the army who had never driven a car or even held a firearm before being drafted.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Was is an Isuzu Trooper Humvee?  Those things rolled easier than bowling balls.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online DB

Was is an Isuzu Trooper Humvee?  Those things rolled easier than bowling balls.

Isnzn ┴ɹoodǝɹ